Predator 2 flintlock pistol

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ONEYE

Super Freak
Reaction score
[FONT=&quot]
0P2CatalonianFlintlockPistol.jpg

[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
1.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
2.jpg
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]
3.jpg
[/FONT]

This 18th century pistol with a characteristically Iberian form of flintlock ignition was presented to Mike Harrigan (Danny Glover) by the Elder Predator at the end of the film. The movie prop was an off-the-shelf commercially available non-firing replica from the Spanish manufacturer Denix, made in cast pot metal and hardwood. The external miquelet mainspring and full-**** sear are purely decorative, as the replica uses the same internal dry-fire mechanism as the other Denix models. It was reportedly customized for the movie by Keystone Arsenal Replicas. Modifications appear limited to the removal of the original die-cast side plate and fabrication of the over-sized engraved sheet-metal replacement.

Flintlock pistol reproduction by Denix made in Spain. Non firing. Listed as used due to the engraved brass plate modification. The plaque is made out of 16 gauge brass and with the following engraved on it: Raphael Adolini 1715.

Raphael Adolini was a pirate Captain of a ship. As he and his crew were sailing the Guinea coast, Africa they encountered a Yautja which they referred to as the "Golden Angel". It is known that Adolini went missing in the Bermuda triangle in 1718. Adolini owned a flintlock pistol, which he gave to the Yautja which in the year 1997 was gifted by the same Predator to LAPD officer Mike Harrigan as an honor reward for having managed to kill one of their own clan, the inscription on the pistol read Raphael Adolini 1715

PISTOL NAME: Catalonian Flintlock Pistol
TYPE: Replica
MANUFACTURER: Denix
SKU: 22-1189

Lem (roninpred) modified this one. He made the plaque from a 16 gauge brass plate. The one used by the Elder Predator in the movie was made out of brass also, but it was a different gauge (thinner 22 gauge). He tried to used the 22 gauge but, every time you would **** it and pull the trigger the spring would push forward and bend the 22 gauge brass plate. He then tried 20, 18, and the same thing occurred. So Lem went with the 16 gauge plate. The engraving was done by his local trophy shop.

Lem also removed the bad mold seams flash that were all over the metal cast parts and ground down the back and front of the plate that gets struck by the hammer and mechanism plates so they could sit flush with the wooden frame. Right out of the box you can notice the flashing on the metal parts, the trigger guard not sitting flush as well as the mechanism plates where the hammer sits.

It comes with the original manufacturers box in fair to good condition.

It was purchased and then customized. It may still be available.

You will have to do some homework and find it, and then make the modifications as described above.

I've given you all this info above, you just have to actually read what I wrote.

if it was something a company actually did, which I'm surprised nobody officially has, I'd be interested. I saw a few people with them years ago....

Back