Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is really unscientific, so don't take it too seriously. But this guy has his finger right against this. I put my own finger in the same position against my Sideshow 1/4 City hunter and it looks about the same. I'm not small either so who knows. I don't think we'll get an answer until somebody has this in hand with the Sideshow (or Infinity) Version to compare it with, and even then, even announced scales often have room for error. So long as this is roughly in scale with their P1, I'll be happy.

lNQw0AY.jpg

Here's the video if you wish to see it, skip to 17:17...

. . . Prime 1 themselves . . . they seem very reluctant to post images of them side by side which leaves me thinking that this will be noticeably smaller than the P1. They did also say that the netting won't look like cheap plastic. But again, I have no idea if this means it has been altered, or they just don't consider what it already has to look bad.

. . . So long as this is roughly in scale with their P1, I'll be happy . . .

I think the conclusion WAY back when (using the measurements & pics they gave) was that the City Hunter was 1:4 (or slightly less) and the Jungle Hunter was slightly larger than 1:4. So there is a noticable difference.

Display them a few feet apart mate - end of problem :)

Thanks for the new pic Matt - based on the shadows from the netting, it at least lets us know it's not sculpted even if it doesn't let us know what it's made of (threads vs. plastic).

As with the Jungle Hunter - SO not touching this with a bargepole until I know what the heck they are playing at.

I'm happy with the Infinity Studios piece for now (confirmed scale, netting, and great art direction).

The size looks fine, fourth scale.

I think we are all needlessly worrying about nothing.

I have one last payment on one preorder and two payments to go on two other statues.

Then I’ll pre order the P1 City Hunter.

The size looks fine, fourth scale.

I think we are all needlessly worrying about nothing.

I'm not worried, I'd just like confirmation. I think the other issue is that the Jungle hunter that they are listing as 1/4 seems to be very large. I have that on order with three payments left. It'd just be nice to know that they will indeed display well together. It shouldn't really be a big deal, I think it's just become one as we've asked so often without any real reply. Just makes you wonder if they don't display well with each other.

Their insistence on the non-scale thing is expected, but laughable. Everything has a scale. I suppose even an estimate would come too close to breaking the license agreement, but I can't understand why they won't place the JH and CH together in a photo and let people infer what they will.

If you look at their big chap it states that is non scale, though i think that is 1/3. At least we have pictures of that against other pieces.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Out of interest, has anybody in the UK used Animegami? Apparently it's a uk based store with no import duties etc. They have this listed at 999, although weirdly they have the EX up for 3326 which I'm assuming has to be a typo. I want to get this ordered soon, I've messaged SSC yet again to see if we can get an answer regarding them listing it. Otherwise I'll be going direct or considering this place...

REG - https://animegami.co.uk/shop/79-cm/predator-2-3d-wall-art-city-hunter-predator-79-cm/

EX - https://animegami.co.uk/shop/predat...hunter-predator-exclusive-79-cm-assortment-3/

Out of interest, has anybody in the UK used Animegami? Apparently it's a uk based store with no import duties etc. They have this listed at 999, although weirdly they have the EX up for 3326 which I'm assuming has to be a typo. I want to get this ordered soon, I've messaged SSC yet again to see if we can get an answer regarding them listing it. Otherwise I'll be going direct or considering this place...

REG - https://animegami.co.uk/shop/79-cm/predator-2-3d-wall-art-city-hunter-predator-79-cm/

EX - https://animegami.co.uk/shop/predat...hunter-predator-exclusive-79-cm-assortment-3/
Not used these guys before, trustpilot reviews seem ok. Interesting about the price of the Ex lol. I scrolled down to the description on there and found this:

This assortment contains:

? 2x City Hunter Predator Regular Version (P1SWAPR-01)
? 1x City Hunter Predator Exclusive Version

3 statues?! That could explain the price but I agree it's weird.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Not used these guys before, trustpilot reviews seem ok. Interesting about the price of the Ex lol. I scrolled down to the description on there and found this:

This assortment contains:

? 2x City Hunter Predator Regular Version (P1SWAPR-01)
? 1x City Hunter Predator Exclusive Version

3 statues?! That could explain the price but I agree it's weird.

You're right, I didn't even notice that. How strange!

Does anyone think that Sideshow will end up carrying this?

No idea the arrangement between P1 and SS seems to be very hit and miss even within the same licences. As far as Predator stuff goes the comics seem to be OK and the movies aren't.

No idea the arrangement between P1 and SS seems to be very hit and miss even within the same licences. As far as Predator stuff goes the comics seem to be OK and the movies aren't.
The City Hunter Predator, Assassin Predator and Fugitive Predator are all from the movies......:)

Yes but didn't Prime 1 cease distribution with SS after The (piece of ****) Predator stuff was announced?
No, as sideshow have listed a number of P1 items for a while now on their website, just not every item P1 has announced over the last few months......:)

Does anyone think that Sideshow will end up carrying this?

I asked again the other day, same pointless answer. I also asked Prime 1 first who replied saying that I'd have to ask Sideshow...

"Thank you for contacting Sideshow.

We appreciate your interest in the City Hunter Predator from Prime 1 Studio.

Sideshow has received Prime 1’s product solicitations, but we do not post new items for pre-order until all information for a product is complete and finalized.

If you are not seeing a Prime 1 item available for pre-order on the Sideshow website this is more than likely because we are in the process of clarifying the product information with Prime 1 Studio prior to making the item available for sale.

Rest assured, staff is working diligently to get new items posted. We hope to have the newer offerings up on the site soon.
As you may be aware, Prime 1 has a significant pre-order catalogue and there are approximately one hundred items slated for release prior to the most recent announcements that are currently available for order on the site right now.

Stay tuned to the website and the Sideshow newsletter for the most up to date news and information on all upcoming product."

I asked again the other day, same pointless answer. I also asked Prime 1 first who replied saying that I'd have to ask Sideshow...

"Thank you for contacting Sideshow.

We appreciate your interest in the City Hunter Predator from Prime 1 Studio.

Sideshow has received Prime 1?s product solicitations, but we do not post new items for pre-order until all information for a product is complete and finalized.

If you are not seeing a Prime 1 item available for pre-order on the Sideshow website this is more than likely because we are in the process of clarifying the product information with Prime 1 Studio prior to making the item available for sale.

Rest assured, staff is working diligently to get new items posted. We hope to have the newer offerings up on the site soon.
As you may be aware, Prime 1 has a significant pre-order catalogue and there are approximately one hundred items slated for release prior to the most recent announcements that are currently available for order on the site right now.

Stay tuned to the website and the Sideshow newsletter for the most up to date news and information on all upcoming product."

Interesting. Seems if nothing else a bit promising, no?

Interesting. Seems if nothing else a bit promising, no?

Not really, they have been blaming each other for the last year or so. I received this same answer when the City Hunter first went up for order, it seems nothing has changed and that neither of them seem interested. I have replied asking why Prime 1 is saying that they've provided all of the info. I doubt I'll get anywhere.

Not really, they have been blaming each other for the last year or so. I received this same answer when the City Hunter first went up for order, it seems nothing has changed and that neither of them seem interested. I have replied asking why Prime 1 is saying that they've provided all of the info. I doubt I'll get anywhere.

Maybe indeed it has to do with film licensing restrictions.

Back