Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ready to order this already, but I am getting a little fed up of not knowing the scale etc. If it is 1/4, maybe they simply can't admit it due to licensing or whatever which is understandable, but it wouldn't be hard to just sit their jungle hunter next to this at one of their regular display galleries so that we can see how they compliment each other.

Grond, I still have my P2 maquette, it's very flawed, but I kind of like it. This prime 1 version will blow it away in terms of details, but I think i'll probably keep both as they will compliment each other nicely.

Grond, I still have my P2 maquette, it's very flawed, but I kind of like it. This prime 1 version will blow it away in terms of details, but I think i'll probably keep both as they will compliment each other nicely.

Yeah same here, I have some money saved up for the Prime 1 jungle hunter first but I would like this City Hunter too. The character and design is my favourite and is so underrated.

With regard to the scale of the Prime 1, It's a shame that the crouched pose would likely exacerbate the scale issue. If it was confirmed to be smaller I was thinking of displaying the City Hunter separately so that one can appreciate the details of the piece more rather than having it overshadowed by other things.

Though I can't deny that he would look awesome displayed on the wall above and alongside the jungle hunter

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

My Sideshow P2 Maquette is going nowhere but will have the IS as company.

Ditto.

But the Infinity Studios piece is in a TOTALLY different league - premier vs. championship I guess - whereas Sadshow's most recent Jungle Hunter would go in "League 2" (facing expulsion) :)

(* I had to look all that up - they keep renaming the leagues! *)

I thought the new SS JH was still at the Gay Bar...

predator-jungle-hunter_predator_gallery_5c4fb8daf194a.jpg

My God! Haven't seen that leg armour in a long time. That's a really terrible piece.

I thought the new SS JH was still at the Gay Bar...

View attachment 486734

My God! Haven't seen that leg armour in a long time. That's a really terrible piece.

I couldn't agree more, and pple that own it stand by how good it looks. But It looks terrible and I wasn't sure what they are seeing cuz I even saw some on ebay going for 700 for the exclusive version. Not a good piece at all!

I couldn't agree more, and pple that own it stand by how good it looks. But It looks terrible and I wasn't sure what they are seeing cuz I even saw some on ebay going for 700 for the exclusive version. Not a good piece at all!

I enjoy mine just fine.

I posted this as a reply over on SF. But seeing as it took me a while, and as we all like constructive discussion here, I'll add it here. I will stress that I very much like this statue. But seeing as I critiqued Sideshows so much, it's only fair that I do it to Prime 1's also (Harder to do for sure!)

Is it fair to say that the prime 1 studios bio mask head sculpt is based on the stunt mask used in the movie?

Sorry, I've only just seen this. I think it's a mixture of both (As most P2 bio replicas are) I suspect they used the stunt mask as a guide and added elements of the hero, with some elements inaccurate to either thrown in. I found it difficult to find images of all three (P1, stunt & hero) That line up perfectly, but I did my best in the image below. If you look at specific areas and compare them, you'll see plenty of variation. The original hero is such a nice looking mask, but it has so much going on that it's always going to be hard to replicate perfectly. To their credit, Prime 1 have done better than anybody before them but it does fall short in a few areas. Mainly the shape around the eye area. This is where you'll see heavy influences of the stunt mask, it's too sharp , not as curvy or defined as it is on the hero and it sucks more in towards the mask at the rear rather than flowing into the dome area. I honestly think if Prime alter this small area, it's make a huge difference for the better. Move on to the snout/nose and you'll see it is very much based on the stunt masks shape. It's missing the initial outwards curve at the top and the damage is entirely made up on the statue with claw scratches and various large pitted areas that don't exist on the real thing.. It's missing the two prominent grooves on the eyebrow above the nose also. The hero has these, the stunt doesn't. There's more going on but we're in danger on nitpicking. Nobody gets the P2 hero mask right.

JUgVhXR.jpg

Also, I can't believe this still has no ES announced and still no confirmation of whether or not it is in scale with their own Jungle hunter. I'm still wanting to order this, but this is info I need to know first. I'm hoping SSC will actually list this also now that they seem to be somewhat friendly with each other again.

I wonder why the mask is so hard to get right other than the fact the hero isn't available for reference? There are some nice shots of it in the movie and for different angles especially in the Redwing Meat Packing facility. Albeit it's dark and the lighting is stylised but you can get quite a good feel for the different shapes

I've been collecting a reference bank of images from my blu ray so I can try sculpting my own 1:4 scale at some point [emoji39]

On a related note I think the Jungle Hunter mask is one that doesn't get done right either a lot of the time. The Prime 1 is the closest anyone has got to it being right in my eyes.

I wonder why the mask is so hard to get right other than the fact the hero isn't available for reference? There are some nice shots of it in the movie and for different angles especially in the Redwing Meat Packing facility. Albeit it's dark and the lighting is stylised but you can get quite a good feel for the different shapes

I've been collecting a reference bank of images from my blu ray so I can try sculpting my own 1:4 scale at some point [emoji39]

On a related note I think the Jungle Hunter mask is one that doesn't get done right either a lot of the time. The Prime 1 is the closest anyone has got to it being right in my eyes.

Two reasons:

1. The sculptor simply isn't good enough to achieve an accurate looking finished product.

2. The company/sculptor doesn't care enough for it to be 100% - people will still buy it regardless.

New photo? Source?

Prime 1 themselves. I messaged them earlier asking (Again) for confirmation of whether it is in scale with their Jungle hunter or not. It was a frustrating conversation tbh, they eventually posted this and said to look at this as well as the measurements online (as if we haven't already) They mentioned licensing restraints which is understandable, but they seem very reluctant to post images of them side by side which leaves me thinking that this will be noticeably smaller than the P1. They did also say that the netting won't look like cheap plastic. But again, I have no idea if this means it has been altered, or they just don't consider what it already has to look bad.

Prime 1 themselves. I messaged them earlier asking (Again) for confirmation of whether it is in scale with their Jungle hunter or not. It was a frustrating conversation tbh, they eventually posted this and said to look at this as well as the measurements online (as if we haven't already) They mentioned licensing restraints which is understandable, but they seem very reluctant to post images of them side by side which leaves me thinking that this will be noticeably smaller than the P1. They did also say that the netting won't look like cheap plastic. But again, I have no idea if this means it has been altered, or they just don't consider what it already has to look bad.

Why would licensing requirements prohibit them from acknowledging its scale?

Why would licensing requirements prohibit them from acknowledging its scale?

I don't think they are allowed to make movie statues in 1/4 currently. This is why they are calling the jungle hunter the "Big game" comic Predator which has allowed them to make that in 1/4 even though it is clear as day to literally everybody with eyes that it is the Jungle hunter. This is also why they made the P2 a wall hanger I believe, although obviously this wasn't enough to announce it as 1/4 officially hence the none scale listing. It is all a bit frustrating tbh. The measurements seem to suggest it is smaller in scale than their Jungle Hunter, but it looks fairly sizable in videos etc. All they have to do is post a picture of them side by side which should be such an easy thing for them to do.

Back