Predator 2 City Hunter - Prime 1

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lol, well, quality Predator statues don't come out too often, so your wallet needs to suck it up and take it :wave

Sad%2BWallet.jpg

I would be surprised if there isn't a disc and spine trophy switch out hand to make it easier to display. Maybe make a King Willy head the Ex.
Maybe I'm reaching but that disc in the latest video looks like it might come out. Wouldn't make much sense though as it would be loose in the hand then lol. King Willy as an exclusive would be amazing and would probably convince me to buy one of these but I can't see them doing it. The decapitated head was a great exclusive on the LOTR Berserker premium format.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Maybe I'm reaching but that disc in the latest video looks like it might come out. Wouldn't make much sense though as it would be loose in the hand then lol. King Willy as an exclusive would be amazing and would probably convince me to buy one of these but I can't see them doing it. The decapitated head was a great exclusive on the LOTR Berserker premium format.

It actually would make sense to have it removable if there is a switch out hand already holding the disc. You wouldn’t want the disc both in his hand and on his hip at the same time.

It actually would make sense to have it removable if there is a switch out hand already holding the disc. You wouldn’t want the disc both in his hand and on his hip at the same time.
Ah good point! Maybe that's why then.

Well hopefully Sideshow pulls its head out of its rear end and fixes their site before all this cool stuff goes up for preorder otherwise I’ll be ordering elsewhere.

Switch-out hand for a removable disc would be pretty silly for this scene depiction.

. . . I'd never use it (unless there was a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT base)​

your right, but I feel like it's not a pre-requisite for them not to include one. They need some way to justify the over $1k price. I hope they at least get the head sculpt right on the unmasked face. Spine trophy should be a no brainer on this.

Man it looks fantastic. I feel bad about the guys whom bought the Sideshow version. I can only afford one P1 predator sadly so I have to wait for the jungle hunter....but Prime 1 is a fantastic company. The detail and quality is just outstanding.

They got plenty of warning, it was criticized fairly harshly from the start.

Anyone who bought the Sideshow piece must have been just over excited from the hype train. With all the flaws and knowing that Prime 1’s was on the horizon, the Sideshow purchase just makes no sense. Don’t get me wrong, if I had the opportunity to get the Sideshow P2 maquette at an EXTREME discount I would pick it up. But with their overinflated prices and the overall quality of the piece, an MSRP purchase was just an unwise decision for those who took the leap.

Going back to the P1, I can’t wait to see how their unmasked portrait looks!

Anyone who bought the Sideshow piece must have been just over excited from the hype train. With all the flaws and knowing that Prime 1’s was on the horizon, the Sideshow purchase just makes no sense. Don’t get me wrong, if I had the opportunity to get the Sideshow P2 maquette at an EXTREME discount I would pick it up. But with their overinflated prices and the overall quality of the piece, an MSRP purchase was just an unwise decision for those who took the leap.

Going back to the P1, I can’t wait to see how their unmasked portrait looks!

The SS P2 was pretty lousy imo. It just didn’t capture the soul of the character. Looks more like a statue of the character than the character himself.

I don’t know why everyone is looking forward to an unmasked portrait for this. I understand we like extras but the two brief scenes of the film when he was near this gargoyle he was masked. I don’t think it would will look as cool and if I owned this I would NEVER display it unmasked.

My question is: is Prime 1 eventually going to come out with a 1/3 scale Predator, and then the eventual 1/2 scale Predator. I see it happening and if it does I don’t want to be stuck with his statue and sell it at a loss like all other expensive Prime 1 statues...their ES is too high and everyone that wants on gets one from the get go. Great for decorating the shelves but not very sought after in the secondary market. My guess is this will be limited to 1000 regular and 1000 EX too many.

Remember that when the SSC P2 came out, it was the only option. Things like this Prime 1 version were just a pipe dream. I bought the SSC maquette (three times I think in the end) It isn't a bad statue, I ended up quite liking it tbh even though some key details are off. But yeah, this one is a different breed and I'll be buying it for sure. I may move on my Sideshow version down the line, if only to fund some Prime 1 purchases.

I'm so eager to see all off the switch outs and the full base for this. Hopefully Prime 1 won't hang about putting this one up for order, I've never had to think less about ordering a statue..... And then give us a little time until the P1 and Big chap show up.

Back