Predalien: Resurrection!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaijuboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Recently, I acquired a damaged Sideshow 1/1 Predalien bust off a fellow boardie. The piece was treated quite “unkindly” by UPS, and had its clear skull dome shattered off into 6 pieces, 3 of its four mandibles broken off, 4 broken head “spines”, both head crest spines broken (and pulverized), and 2 broken dreads as well as all sorts of minor chips, breaks, and paint scrapes/scuff galore.

Needless to say, this Predalien had a baaad day…

But hope was not lost…
“I can rebuild it!” I said.
“I have the technology…” I said
“You must be mad!” they said. :lol

And it gave me a reason to go to town on this piece and give it the “kaiju-treatment”! :naughty

I never show pics of any repairs or customs I do for customers without their permission. But since this is technically mine at the moment, and some people have expressed interest in seeing its restoration in progress, I shall document its resurrection. ***Hows that for “full disclosure” to whoever buys her!*** ;)

Over the next week or two (or so, time and other jobs permitting) I will share her rebirth…

And so we begin…

*DISCLAIMER: all pics shared from here until the very end are WORK-IN-PROGRESS pics. Some things can and will look unfinished or slightly off, that's because they are! ;)

The dome was busted off and shattered:

PAdomepieces.jpg

It arrived in 6 main pieces.

I’ve done my voodoo magic and have gotten it to this state currently:

PAdomerebuilt.jpg

I can still tell where the damage was (because I know where exactly to look, but I still have another resin coat to go, and this is all before it gets tinted substantially, so it should come out very nice.

This did allow me the luxury of painting the skull underneath, which was just plain old silver, like this:

PAskullbefore.jpg

Also notice the complete lack of mouth detail. That's being addressed soon.

And is now detailed, like this:

PAskull.jpg

Dont mind the orange tint (damn bulbs!) its still silver colored.

The dreads on this were all one solid color from beginning to end:

PAdredsbefore.jpg

I have darkened the “roots”, chromed the tips, and added gradation in between:

Kaiju’s Dred Workshop:
PAdredsafter.jpg

More to come…

Last edited:
This is going to turn out to be a great looking piece in the end. Looking forward to seeing the "Resurrection"!

man kaiju i need to stop looking at your threads every time i see you redo a statue i have I can't look at mine the same way again it makes me sad lol. It looks great so far can't wait to see the finished piece

Great stuff so far the dome came out great! I like the highlights on the dreads and work on the skull too they really pop now.
There really is an amazing bust under that average paint SS did!

Thanks for all the compliments guys! More pics to follow soon. As for some of the questions:

i dont think skull is repainted yet....? is it?

It was just plain silver with some black flecks on it. I added in all the shading seen in the second pic. Although more work is still to be done. Remember, these are all "work-in-progress" pics.

Are the teeth going be chromed out??

Absolutely! It was the first upgrade I wanted to do to this. And ironically, not the first thing done. ;)

Looks like it will turn out better than how these come out of the factory!

Thats the plan, I didnt want to just restore it to "factory" condition, I wanted to take it to a higher level. :D

Make it look perfect it's such a great sculpt !

Last edited:
Are you still working on it?I'm curious to see how it will turne out!
Let's see those work in progress!

Are you still working on it?I'm curious to see how it will turne out!
Let's see those work in progress!

Progress is coming along nicely, in between a couple other commissions and projects. I mean, how can you not fix a face this sad: :lol

SSEye.jpg

And in general, I just laid low while hurricane SDCC ripped through the forums. :wink1:

But rest assured, new Pics will be up in a day or two! :wave

Ok, Im back with more pics! The mandibles were the primary focus recently:

***And as always, these are still work-in-progress pictures! Not everything is finalized***

The right upper mandible was pretty straight forward. Some glue, putty, sanding, and paint matching:

Before & After
PARmandible.jpg

The left side however was crushed severely and had to have lots of sections puttied in and resculpted, and then paint matched. The left "cheek" was toast and had to be rebuilt and partially resculpted with some of the remaining pieces, some styrene, glue, steady hands and patience. ;)

A larger "before" shot:
PALmandiblesbefore.jpg

Before / mandibles re-attached / paint matched / cheek rebuilt:
PALmandibles-1.jpg

Picture also shows some of the new skull detailing versus the original picture.

A side shot:
PALmandibleS.jpg

And a picture of some early preliminary chest detailing:

Left original / Right early detailing
PAChest.jpg

More to come very soon!

Last edited:
I have a feeling that this is going to turn out waaay better then how it came from the factory! Nice job so far Chris! :rock

Back