Predalien Concept Maquette From AVP-R

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like it but I have a feeling it isn't going anywhere anytime soon so I'll wait for in hand pics before deciding whether or not to buy.

THL isn't aimed at figures and statues directly though , more costuming.
When I had my half a predator suit ( :lol ) it was an awesome forum.
Were not that interested because were not doing what most of the people on there are.

THE HUNTERS LAIR ROCKS !. :rock

THL isn't aimed at figures and statues directly though , more costuming.
When I had my half a predator suit ( :lol ) it was an awesome forum.
Were not that interested because were not doing what most of the people on there are.

THE HUNTERS LAIR ROCKS !. :rock

WORD! :cool:

Loosen up, this is a concept, one they didn't pick. Just don't buy it if you don't like it. :)

I seriously can't buy the fact that they couldnt come up with anything better then what was on screen.

So yeah, i'm gonna trash it. Its crap.

I seriously can't buy the fact that they couldnt come up with anything better then what was on screen.

So yeah, i'm gonna trash it. Its crap.

Are you serious? You don't like it?

HOLY CRAP! That just surprises the ^^^^^ outta me!

Who'd of ever thought....

Well, it's all a matter of personal preference. I think it's waaaaaaaaay better than what was on film. The concept of what was on film just didn't fly. I mean, the metallic shoulders...the clear dome just kinda sittin on one spot of the head (as opposed to wrapping around the entire cranium & blending into the rest of the head)...and worst of all, the stark contrast of black coloring on the back half & light coloring on the front???

This concept looks much more realistic (given we're talking about science fiction). The colors blend together better. It's more organic and fluid.

Got my "arriving in 20 days" notice from Sideshow today!!

Can't wait for this one!!

Dear Valued Collector,

Thank you for your pre-order of the PredAlien Concept Maquette (item #400022) from our Alien collection, in partnership with Amalgamated Dynamics Inc. (ADI). We appreciate your patience in waiting for the arrival of this Limited Edition collectible, and would like to inform you that this item will be arriving in our Los Angeles warehouse in approximately 20 days.

The 1:1 Predalien may cause a rush for people to pick this one up at the last minute.

I see myself getting this to represent the Predalien with my Aliens and my Predator dioramas. I don't see myself getting the $850 maquette.

The 1:1 Predalien may cause a rush for people to pick this one up at the last minute.

I see myself getting this to represent the Predalien with my Aliens and my Predator dioramas. I don't see myself getting the $850 maquette.

True, the "cost to size" ratio between the 2 maquettes is quite large...

Well, this piece sure hasn't gotten much love.

But, I love it. So, here's my contribution.

Being a HUGE fan of anything "concept" related, this one was one I've been very excited for.

I do hope that Sideshow and ADI continues with these concept pieces.
I'd love to see all of the concept Predaliens make it into statue form.

I had actually received one of these last month. But, it showed up with a crack in one of the mandibles, so it had to go back for an exchange.
This all fell right around the time that Sideshow was getting ready for SDCC, so it all took a little longer than normal.

But, this one is perfect. Huge thanks to Jaclyn Yudkowsky, the SS Returns rep I delt with.
She was incredibly helpful through all of this.

Now, on to the pics.

I've, as usual, included a "size comparison" shot with a 1:6 Hot Toys Alien.

100_0519.jpg

100_0518.jpg

100_0520.jpg

100_0521.jpg

100_0524.jpg

100_0510.jpg

100_0511.jpg

100_0509.jpg

100_0512.jpg

100_0513.jpg

Back