Post your statue Wear and Tear

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyhhh

Super Freak
Reaction score
I posted this on SF but no response so far. Just thought I'd post it here too.

These statues are expensive and often fragile. Through the course of a statues life -- unpacking, taking pictures, cleaning, packing again -- s*** happens. And it's painful when it happens. I bet many of us have "battle damage" in our collection and have learned to live with it. Thought I'd share mine and see what others have got going as well.

I'm NOT talking about manufacturer defects -- things you have no control over (Psylocke's cracking paint, Rogue's eyes, Spider-Woman's ... everything)

I was moving my Ex Captain America while taking pics of Black Widow, and forgot how weak the left arm magnet is ... the shield came crashing down on the "L beam" and broke it in two (that's one tough shield). I fixed the "L beam" with glue, and the crack is not visible. The shield sadly, has two blemishes, shallow and hard to see to the naked eye, but visible with a camera....

IMG_0553_zpsd3719008.jpg

IMG_0554_zps9c752838.jpg

My second blemish is on my She-Hulk. She has a chip on her boot, in the back of the boot under the pant leg. I didn't notice it until recently, so for all I know, it was there when I unpacked it.

IMG_3170_zps3453de5d.jpg

I'll probably get around to replacing these statues at some point. Really not in a rush. I just have to think others have similar stories.

I was moving my X23 comiquette, i removed the arms gently removed the statue from the base and all was fin but when i went to take out the boot claw it broke off of the magnet :(

When I owned the Obi-Wan Kenobi PF, I moved it from one spot to another and I broke the saber off. :gah:

Man was I pissed at myself. :mad:

I sold it to a friend who fixed it up and made it look like new. After I saw how good a job he did I wished I hadn't sold it! :lol

Wish I could do that. I'm a decent brush painter, won some miniature painting contests.... but I suck at airbrushing and I know nothing about sculpting.

Wish I could do that. I'm a decent brush painter, won some miniature painting contests.... but I suck at airbrushing and I know nothing about sculpting.

Just practice buddy.
I have been painting since 1994 started on the minature stuff.
Then built my way up to larger 1/6 an 1/4 scale stuff then up to statue repairs.
I have won my fair share of contest's too.
Also this day and age when you spend £300.00 on a statue they should be perfect but the fact of the matter is they all need re-pianting in one way or another.

Back