Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh my, that's nice. Thanks for sharing. [emoji106]
Those T-tracks look great. Are they rubber or plastic? I'm just wondering, cause all the rubber ones on my Master Replicas have turned sticky, & that's something I'd like avoid in the future.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Thanks. I'm not a lightsaber collector, but had to have one of the most iconic props in my collection nevertheless. I only hope my Imperial collectibles won't go on strike now :D

The t-tracks from Gino, Roy and Marv are all ABS, so they won't get sticky. I asked them long ago just to be sure. The t-tracks on the MR Stormtrooper blaster are also ABS, so they won't degrade like the PVC ones present on Force FX and MR LE sabers. My Force FX Vader grips were also sticky and I cleaned them up last week with Baumix gel, window cleaner and then everything polished with ArmorAll. Was really hard work to remove almost all that gooey stuff there, hope it will last.

And seems the issue of sticky grips is starting to appear on the more expensive MR LE and SE sabers too, not just FX sabers :( So if collectors have MR LE sabers they'd better check them out.

There are a few more threads about sticky MR grips:

Force FX Cleaning Issues

Help with MR tacky saber handle

Master Replica Vader FX grips are very sticky

Help!! Yoda Fx rubber grip turned sticky - Data Sheets - FX-Sabers.com

THE GALACTIC SENATE ? View topic - WTS: Hasbro ForceFX Ani and Vader Sabers Cheap!!

Yeah, all my lightsabers T-tracks are sticky (except for my Custom Saber Shop MPP Parks Vader lightsaber. But I just got that very recently). That's just the nature of the aging process of rubber, & it sucks. I'm noticing the same thing happening with some of the boots on the SS 1/6th scale figures. I was wondering why my MR Stormtrooper blasters T-tracks hadn't started getting sticky. I was getting worried. Nice to know now that I don't have to worry.
I'll see about tracking down some T-tracks from GINO or others, to replace those on my CSS, before too long. I haven't tried removing the T-tracks from my MR lightsabers, yet. If I can get them off, I'll replace them too.
You always have great info, man. Thank you.

Yeah, all my lightsabers T-tracks are sticky (except for my Custom Saber Shop MPP Parks Vader lightsaber. But I just got that very recently). That's just the nature of the aging process of rubber, & it sucks. I'm noticing the same thing happening with some of the boots on the SS 1/6th scale figures. I was wondering why my MR Stormtrooper blasters T-tracks hadn't started getting sticky. I was getting worried. Nice to know now that I don't have to worry.
I'll see about tracking down some T-tracks from GINO or others, to replace those on my CSS, before too long. I haven't tried removing the T-tracks from my MR lightsabers, yet. If I can get them off, I'll replace them too.
You always have great info, man. Thank you.

What are the t-tracks on the Custom Saber Shop MPP Parks Vader lightsaber made of? If they are hard like the MR E-11 t-tracks you shouldn't worry, they are most likely ABS. If they are rubbery, then you might consider a replacement in the future. Even if you won't replace them now, it's not bad to have them, you could even use when building a new saber.

What are the t-tracks on the Custom Saber Shop MPP Parks Vader lightsaber made of? If they are hard like the MR E-11 t-tracks you shouldn't worry, they are most likely ABS. If they are rubbery, then you might consider a replacement in the future. Even if you won't replace them now, it's not bad to have them, you could even use when building a new saber.
I'm gonna say rubber, because they're very pliable & bendy. Right now, though, they feel great.
I need to replace the shroud as well. The D-ring is totally wrong & it needs crackle paint.
I'm very happy with it, & couldn't pass up on the price.
4b9b748da82eb8a99bcd72ef4ec9962c.jpg

0c7845d0ff91e1cb2582d68aedb7c220.jpg

0b7c7edc254104bafa210c0351204321.jpg

Nice! I love the ROTJ lid, one of the few left that I wanna pick up before I'm done. I want the CfO TK, an RS TIE helmet and armor/chestbox combo on some kind of bust reminiscent of the SDS, and maybe a hero ANH TK. Whole bunch of others that I'd love to have but don't need.

Fantastic looking Stormtrooper [emoji106]. I'm not familiar with CFO. Can you share some information on them? That C3-P0 looks great too. Who made that one, & what's it made it of?

Hi, thanks Jagjaguwar.
Nice! I love the ROTJ lid, one of the few left that I wanna pick up before I'm done. I want the CfO TK, an RS TIE helmet and armor/chestbox combo on some kind of bust reminiscent of the SDS, and maybe a hero ANH TK. Whole bunch of others that I'd love to have but don't need.

Hi DarthRusty, you can search about stormtrooper in here : www.whitearmor.net.
The C3PO made by Starbuck, you can email him at [email protected]. That C3PO helm made of styrene.
Fantastic looking Stormtrooper [emoji106]. I'm not familiar with CFO. Can you share some information on them? That C3-P0 looks great too. Who made that one, & what's it made it of?

Thanks Jack Bauer :)
CFO stand s for "cast from original". He goes by sskunky on the RPF. You can read more about his helmets here:CfO Armor and Helmet. Great helmet... Highly recommended.

Thank you guys!
Wow!! I liked that Stormy bucket in your photos Mark, but once I read the write up on it, holy cow that's a grail piece! Beautiful.
I love this forum. Everyone's so nice, & I learn so much! [emoji2]

Thanks DarthRusty.
We all learn a lot from this forum and loved to share our collection :)

Thank you guys!
Wow!! I liked that Stormy bucket in your photos Mark, but once I read the write up on it, holy cow that's a grail piece! Beautiful.
I love this forum. Everyone's so nice, & I learn so much! [emoji2]

Very cool helmets Mark. I especially like the CfO, the best ROTJ lid out there. And now the other Mark (aka Sskunky, aka CfO) also makes great ROTJ E-11 blasters

Thanks Jkno, yes the ROTJ E11 blasters made by CFO is very nice with reasonable price too. I hope someday i can have it.

Very cool helmets Mark. I especially like the CfO, the best ROTJ lid out there. And now the other Mark (aka Sskunky, aka CfO) also makes great ROTJ E-11 blasters

I'm wondering about Hero TK helmets. Is there a general consensus as far as the most accurate available? I know about the MR/EFX Limiteds, and I do like the look of those, but I know they're somewhat sanitized and not the right material. The only ones I know that are available right now are some $1000+ MR Limiteds, an old GF Hero and a converted-to-Hero RS props on eBay at the moment. I'm sure there are probably regular makers out there at the moment, but I don't know anything about them. Anyone have any advice? ANH Hero is what I'm interested in.

The only accurate Hero helmet should be the upcoming EFX Legend Stormtrooper Hero if made of ABS, but I guess the EFX fiberglass might keep the shape too. All others are reworked stunts or scanned (MR/EFX LE)

From what I've seen researching online, PVC is a very bright (and inaccurate) white whereas ABS isn't as bright, and according to RS Propmasters may yellow over time?

I'm having a hard time making that final decision on which material to go with.

Back