Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the original material in the movies, Hdpe helmet and ABS armour. To protect against yellowing I use armorall for all types of plastic. The plastic will not brittle and not yellow.

DO NOT USE ArmorAll on your collectibles. Read through some threads here on SSF. It might protect some types of plastics, but can damage others in time, especially if white. Not sure if you want to experiment on your collectibles. It can also attack rubber. :lecture

I like original materials as well, but when a new type of ABS for example, is developed in a way that it will hold better in time, I will go that route in an instant. Acrylic capped ABS is just like the original ABS, but has that protecting layer which will make it hold better in time. I don't see that as a problem of accuracy, but as a resolution to some problems that may occur to regular ABS. I don't want my armor yellowed just in a few years

Acrylic capped ABS:

• Excellent scratch resistance
• Excellent surface aesthetics with high gloss
• Good impact
• High modulus/stiffness
• Good chemical resistance
• Easily clean surface
• Superior Bonding qualities (San 6710)
• Excellent moulding characteristics
• Highly UV resistance (Sun 6700)
• Dimensionally stable (Sun 6700)
• Excellent heat resistance (Sun 6700) etc.

See more at:

https://www.ipsnz.com/IPS_files/products_abs.htm

https://www.mulfordplastics.com/products/vispec-acrylic-capped-abs#sthash.C9ueNFhg.dpuf

https://www.ampaplastics.co.za/products/ampaplastics/78-abcryl-acrylic-capped-abs

As for AT-AT Driver, Laws is FANTASTIC! I just received an extra set of his great forehead greeblies: clock greeblies and red & gray buttons. The clock greeblies from Laws are simply the best, better than MonCal, DarkAgent and even than old Laws - and this is because of the new raised parts which were present on the original greeblies, but not present on any fan made until Dan made these new ones. IMO not even a licensed company won't do it better, in fact if eFX will ever make the AT-AT I can even see them inspiring from Laws for these greeblies LOL.

Sigh, still waiting for my AT AT helmet from Dan Laws. Took my deposit and I had the Elvis trooper greeblies sent to him and now my emails go unanswered. Very frustrating. Maybe some day I will get a surprise that he actually finished it....or started it for that matter.

Sigh, still waiting for my AT AT helmet from Dan Laws. Took my deposit and I had the Elvis trooper greeblies sent to him and now my emails go unanswered. Very frustrating. Maybe some day I will get a surprise that he actually finished it....or started it for that matter.

He will make it but as you know already it takes some time.

Some recent acquisitions:

Original blue cap radiation dosimeter used by Imperial officers as code cylinders:

ImperialCodeCylindersbluecap01.jpg

ImperialCodeCylindersbluecapTarkin.jpg

Comparison with the regular radiation dosimeter/code cylinder (the ones used by Bast & Tagge):

ComparisonImperialCodeCylinders.jpg

ImperialCodeCylinderGeneralTagge.jpg

ImperialCodeCylinderTarkinBast.jpg

And a set of quite accurate AT-AT Driver helmet tusks:

AT-ATDriverhelmettusks01.jpg

AT-ATDriverhelmettusks02.jpg

And comparison with the Elvistrooper versions present on my white Laws AT-AT Driver helmet:

AT-ATDriverhelmettusks03.jpg

Good Luck with that guy. I gave him a deposit over a year ago for the AT-AT helmet and I heard nothing after I sent the deposit. I went ahead and ordered one from MonCal, not as nice but I should be getting it anyday now.

Good Luck with that guy. I gave him a deposit over a year ago for the AT-AT helmet and I heard nothing after I sent the deposit. I went ahead and ordered one from MonCal, not as nice but I should be getting it anyday now.

You might end up with 2 AT-AT helmets ;) Dan never left anyone without his helmet, but indeed his communication is not the best, plus the delay is long. But the helmets are worth the wait IMO. People from 501st know that.

You might end up with 2 AT-AT helmets ;) Dan never left anyone without his helmet, but indeed his communication is not the best, plus the delay is long. But the helmets are worth the wait IMO. People from 501st know that.

That would be a good thing. I really like the Laws helmet much better but we will see what happens. For now Kathy from Moncal just sent me an email letting me know my helmet is ready :) Communication with her was very nice better than some licensed companies that I won't mention.

Kathy is always great! :) And indeed the communication with her is excellent. Some need to learn from that, eFX included

Agreed.
Kathy always gets back to me about questions I might have and usually with more than I expected including pics etc.

Im sure Laws has awesome helmets but I would have probably sent him about 15 emails over some time with zero replies. I would be a bit hesitant handing over my money to someone like that.

I had no issues with Laws, in fact I am super-happy with the helmets and armors from Dan and even with the communication. He doesn't answer all emails, but when he has some free time it is great to talk to him, he knows a lot, and is very friendly. In fact I'm just sending him a small present as we speak, wanted to send it earlier, but didn't arrive in stock here till last week.

That would be a good thing. I really like the Laws helmet much better but we will see what happens. For now Kathy from Moncal just sent me an email letting me know my helmet is ready :) Communication with her was very nice better than some licensed companies that I won't mention.

Congrats mate.....look forward to a pic or two when it arrives :wave

In your present can you ask him to answer my email ;p sent a price request and nothing

My present was sent already, and it is not an email, but a physical item. Since you never gave me your real name, not even when we talked by PM, I don't know about whom to ask him ;)

My 3 unlicensed / fan made Star Wars Imperial blasters:

- Merr Sonn Power 5 Heavy Blaster (metal Mauser Denix replica)
- RS Prop Masters "Pugman" ESB Stunt Stormtrooper Blaster (resin)
- Sterling Stormtrooper blaster

I also own a Master Replicas Stormtrooper blaster shown in another youtube video.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGOBnE66QlU&feature=share&list=UUZZloGltZz3gSNShKBAbakQ[/ame]

Last edited:
It was time to take some new pics of my updated collection (the old photos were from 2011), so here they are:

spv9.jpg

xy41.jpg

jwbb.jpg

hm8t.jpg

9tnz.jpg

zfh2.jpg

hvvw.jpg

fapr.jpg

xds3.jpg

tc0s.jpg

Looks great Sergiu... I'd give my left kidney for that Tie/At-At Driver setup! :drool

Thanks man!

A youtube video with the entire setup:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qAvr66ce0-U&feature=share&list=UUZZloGltZz3gSNShKBAbakQ[/ame]

Back