Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Excellent choice. They look quite identical and the red label is more financially accessible.

If you don’t mind me asking, how did you get a Scout Signature Edition? I thought those had sold out a long time ago?

I was pleasantly surprised I got it. I didn't ask for it or knew that I was going to get it.

Hi guys,

first i would like to wish you a happy new year. Hope this new one will quickly make forget the last one...

Ok i received my Scout trooper helmet today. Not from RS but from New Image Prop still in the UK.

EDIT: I realize that I forgot to remove the film on the visor before taking the pictures...

t is a beautifull and impressive helmet. After Vader, it's my favorite helmet design. Always found something menacing and disturbing with this look. Love it!

I'm not a scout expert but the sculpt and proportions seem very good.
There are several small paint issues on the helmet.
But that’s ok. It is not too noticeable from distance. For the price it is a incredibly good helmet.
I paid 270 euros, it is 150 euros less than the cheapest RS Prop and the third of the price of an EFX. I think it is a solid, beautifull and very convincing alternative if you can't afford a RS Prop.
You've got a fiberglass, finished and painted helmet for the price of a kit. So i'm very pleased.

Comparison: RS Prop on the left, New Image on the right (photo credit Paul Feitor from another forum).

For the little story, i ordered on november 29th, it was shipped on december 18th but the parcel was blocked at the british border during one week due to the new Covid regulations in UK.

It crossed the border and arrived in France on December 31... One day more and i should have paid 20% of extra VAT and post offices fees (about 100 euros more) because of the Brexit now in effect since january 1st... I was lucky on this one!

Bravo pour le francais parfait! :wink1:

Yeah despite a few small paint issues, the overall quality is awesome and the sculpt is impressive!
Never had a RS in hand but some other owners seem to say that for a lower budget it is maybe the best option.

Not bad at all!
I can see how it differs from the RS but they're unnoticeable until they're side-by-side.
Best part... it doesn't have the awful gap between the front and back sections seen in the EFX.

Yeah it's the point also felt by others NI owners. It is better than the EFX on this detail.
Even if i think the RS is still the pinacle in terms of Scout Trooper helmet and after the little frustration after having discovered small paint imperfections on my NI when i unboxed it, it's really a fantastic helmet, incridibly good for the price.

Shame that i didn't knew this prop earlier. Maybe i would have orderd him a stormie helmet too instead of my Hasbro BS. And if i didn't had the funds for my Quasi V2 ESB ( which i absolutly love), i'm sure i would have been very pleased with their awesome Vader for the half of the price.

But now with the Brexit, it forbids me to order from him because i would unfortunatly take nearly 100 extras euros in customs taxes in the teeth...:(
Pity because their model business is way more reliable than companies like Anovos or at a certain degree EFX who never deliver their products.
New Image ship the helmet two weeks and a half after my order and Chris answer to all my questions and mails in the day.
Anyway, i'm very happy with what i already have.

I mean, Hasbro did a really impressive work for a ridiculous price on some helmets ( Stormie, Boba, Luke) but for those who look for a mid-range product and want a more high end collectible, i think New Image offers a sculpt/construction/accuracy/price ratio difficult to compete.
Really a prop maker to follow IMO.

I almost forgot. I also ordered him ANH stormtrooper helmet tubes stripes stickers.

An easy and cheap way to convert any Hasbro RO helmet in a decent ANH one.

Today i found a Galaxies Edge Protect and Defence Lightsaber at a Salvation Army for $30 CAD. Had to rebuild it to get it working again.

Collection update 2021:

collection-display-146.jpg

collection-display-150.jpg

collection-display-144.jpg

collection-display-154.jpg

collection-display-157.jpg

collection-display-159.jpg

collection-display-163.jpg

collection-display-167.jpg

collection-display-170.jpg

Awesome! All my stuff is in storage now so I love browsing this thread and living through everyone else :)

Skickat fr?n min iPhone med Tapatalk

Yeah awesome collection!
Me too, everything is packed so live to see other’s collection!

Thanks guys. I had to work hard for a few days recently so I didn't post much on forums or groups. I totally understand that feeling, I had a similar experience with packed collectibles between 2008-2010. It was good when I was finally able to display my stuff.

The pandemics stopped me from adding the LED strip lights I wanted to get, hopefully later this year or next year I'll buy them and together with a friend I'll install them.

Love your collection Jkno!! :hi5:

Looks like I’ll be packing up my collection as well. The time has finally come for me to move. As I look around me... it looks like a daunting task :google

Didn’t realize we just broke the 11 year mark for this thread a few weeks ago so here’s one of my latest pickups to commemorate that.

11107004-3389-45F7-8157-4AC8AE5AE9EC.jpeg

Back