Post Your 1:1 Helmets and/or Props

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would really like to get one day an accurate Scout blasterm made of resin like the screen used one (too bad doopys don't make their Scout blaster anymore), an accurate ROTJ Force Pike, a DLT-19 rifle cast from a real MG-34, and of course a MGC ROTJ Stormtrooper blaster. Till then I might get a few other props

I envy you guys, as much as I'd like the really accurate props based off stuff like the deact sterling, in singapore, any prop with real gun parts are a no go. Even props like hans blaster can be a trick to get past customs

I envy you guys, as much as I'd like the really accurate props based off stuff like the deact sterling, in singapore, any prop with real gun parts are a no go. Even props like hans blaster can be a trick to get past customs

I know what you mean. I am lucky with my Sterling since they approved it here legally, but surely won't approve a big MG-34 for turning it into a DLT-19 Sandtrooper/Stormtrooper rifle. But when talking about accurate props, not all of them are made from real guns, some like this RS Prop Masters/Pugman ESB Stunt E-11 blaster, which is a real beauty in all its wonkiness and roughness.

Or a Scout blaster pistol made from the original molds. Especially since no licensed company made a good Scout blaster prop replica yet. From what I know from Lonewolf the Biker Scout pistol has no name, hold out is the common term. No trigger, some guys say the button on the side of the grip is the button. An accurate replica should have really only room for two fingers [gloved] to hold the grip

The scope is the very commonly used SinglePoint Scope, seen on Chewies Bowcaster middle scope, Rebel DH-17 blaster scope, "You Rebel Scum "Imp officers blaster has one, the Rebel Hoth rifle, the Rebel Endor rifle all have this. The real Scout blaster was resin, scrapes are seen in the resin, the scope was a resin copy, judging by the poor inner scope cast.

The side grip detail is a common resister, I am not sure what the other parts, the front hexagonal part etc. are from. I always though the DoopyDoos blaster was very good, they cast a singlepoint scope, and it was a clean cast. There is no trigger, the trigger guard is aluminum and it comes finished.

Most other blasters are copied off the Kenner toy, so they are too big, wrong shapes etc. Other versions, Polymer armories is good but the scope is not cast from a singlepont, like the Kropserkel version which is too big and long. Smitty on BS.N /FISD has made a nice version, but his casting skills are poor, and it takes a lot of work to tidy up the resin casts. His finished blaster is not well finished.

Ok now the grey areas, there are screen captures that almost show the SinglePoint scope has had the front part drilled out, the part that would be the clear plastic part on an original scope, more proof the blaster and scope were resin casts. The back of the blaster has a common 3 rings with a flat end part, there are close ups of original blasters with this set up, however the "Hero" version, (the part where Leia is told to get up) has another small washer type part on the end.

It is not a very well known blaster, possibly the only blaster in SW that is not a greeblied real world pistol/airsoft pistol. But still the Scout pistol is great.

Uber-accurate Laws AT-AT Driver gray helmet with improved greeblies and stickers (some of the upgrades are missing from the pics here, but you get the idea). A stunning helmet which I'm really glad I managed to get for my collection. There were some improvements that I did myself making it even more accurate:

lawsatatdrivergrayhelme.jpg

Comparison with the Laws AT-AT white armor & helmet:

lawsatatdriverarmorgray.jpg

2 AT-AT helmets!! Nice set up :)

Merr-Sonn Power 5 Heavy Imperial Blaster, made from metal Denix replica with movable trigger and cocking hammer. The blaster also comes with wooden grips and accurate Lichtbringer greeblies. A very cool piece, rarely made so far. I'm having a stand made for it as we speak.

https://www.partsofsw.com/merrson2.htm

merrsonnpower5denixmaus.jpg

Seen on screen here:

ms1l.jpg

ms2q.jpg

ms3g.jpg

Indeed an awesome collection and classy set-up. :bow
Considering placing my 12-inch Fett and Vader with the helmets myself, hmm.

Back