Post the Classics that started it all! Universal Monsters Collections Thread!!!!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
very nice, how much was the msrp on these? The ebay prices are absolutely ridiculous, so I will be passing on all of them. They are very nice, but I feel like if it was someone less famous than Alex Ross, the price would be way more reasonable.

retail is 695$ but I got a better deal.

retail is 695$ but I got a better deal.

wow, I thought they were trying to flip them on ebay. I had no idea they were that expensive. For me, there are too many cheaper canvas options I can go that are much cheaper, but thanks for the heads up! There are lots of these for $700 shipped on ebay right now that I don't see moving anytime soon.

Went to Chiller Theatre Expo this past weekend, and acquired this beauty:

1/2 scale
j9RICeY.jpg

8ztu5gd.jpg

Went to Chiller Theatre Expo this past weekend, and acquired this beauty:

1/2 scale
j9RICeY.jpg

8ztu5gd.jpg
That is ****ing beautiful. Congrats on acquiring that amazing piece of the mutant. Is that a Earthbound Studios kit? Looks like it.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

That's is so cool!
Colors are a bit too bright but I still love it. Congrats on a great piece and thanks for sharing.

Same era of Universal as CREATURE, but not as well known.

Is that a Earthbound Studios kit? Looks like it.
Yes, the artist painted it with auto paint, so the colors pop like crazy - instantly fell in love with it when I spotted it.

Attachments

• basil-gogos-this-island-earth-singed-universal-monsters-art-card-1.jpg
    basil-gogos-this-island-earth-singed-universal-monsters-art-card-1.jpg
    530.3 KB · Views: 67
Same era of Universal as CREATURE, but not as well known.

Yes, the artist painted it with auto paint, so the colors pop like crazy - instantly fell in love with it when I spotted it.
I knew it looks amazing. Where is this chiller theatre expo at?

Thought i'd post a pic of these two magnet heads I painted myself. Both sculpted by Jeff Yagher. Stunning sculpts and I think I painted them pretty well. The Mummy 1932 Boris Karloff and Glen Strange Frankenstein's Monster. I'm also in the middle of working on a Moebius Models Creature from the Black Lagoon Kit.
2hyxm4y.jpg

Thought i'd post a pic of these two magnet heads I painted myself. Both sculpted by Jeff Yagher. Stunning sculpts and I think I painted them pretty well. The Mummy 1932 Boris Karloff and Glen Strange Frankenstein's Monster. I'm also in the middle of working on a Moebius Models Creature from the Black Lagoon Kit.

Awesome job Ryan! Those look great!

For my birthday I won this auction for a classic Sideshow Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde figure. Been wanting this one for a long time and it normally goes for about $129 or more on ebay. I won this guy for $51.23 shipped to my door. I dont regret it at all. Listing had it as brand new but believe it was opened before. The accessories never touched but one thing that was weird was the cane wouldnt come out. The factory didn't let it dry so it melted to the plastic and I had to cut away at it. The top part of the cane snapped too in the process. It was a clean break so was able to fix it. Even with these small issues I'm still glad I got it. It's an awesome figure and I'll be touching up the scratches and mold mark on cane and the little marks on the hand. It's an awesome figure. I'm close to completing my Sideshow Classic Monsters collection. This figure isn't Universal it was Paramount but I consider it apart of the classics. Much more to come from me!

Ryan
9e4577f3bcc93994984e19df0b8025f7.jpg

Oh boy everyone look who's back with 3 brand new reviews on some more Classic Sideshow pieces from the Universal Line and Classic Horror Line. Enjoy!

Ryan:yess:

Back