Possibly moving to LA - HELP!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Memnoch

Lt. Vulture
Reaction score
OK gang, I mayy be moving to the LA area (working in Burbank) and need help and advice. First - where to look for apartments when I am 3,000 miles away? What's the best way to pack up my entire life and get out there? I am sure I will think of others but those are the two main concerns I have right now.

I made the leap two months ago. North Carolina to LA. Packed my car (Acura Intergra) with only necessities, and left. 16 hour drive for 4 days. This country is beautiful. Took a chance on an apartment by only looking at pictures, but went with a owner whom my roommate rented with in another complex when he lived here prior.

If you know anyone out here already, you might want them to swing by your potential place and look at it. Do a lot of research and ask a lot of question. Burbank is a nice but if you are looking for places in other areas do research cause many are scary.

When you get here..enjoy the traffic.

Sorry - the sweet job is not in CO haha!

seruiously....debate it!

think about the leagccy. i'm drunk tifjht now, but thinking clearly, if i could do it all.again. i would back track and move to a cheaper area. find a lower paying job and be happier in a cheaper climate.

moving to LA. Paying 400k or more for a nothing condo like 800 sq ft. ____ that sht!

look for anther position paying very slightly less in a place where 200-300k get you 2000sq/ft. you be happier. colo also over priced. if i do it all again i find job in ALabama or Texico and move into mansion for less than 200k, sht

colorado? i offer a decent climate... mediocre sports teams...political balance and hot women.

deal, but you have to pay dry cleaning on the uniform which can run as much as $300 a month.

OK gang, I mayy be moving to the LA area (working in Burbank) and need help and advice. First - where to look for apartments when I am 3,000 miles away? What's the best way to pack up my entire life and get out there? I am sure I will think of others but those are the two main concerns I have right now.
CraigsList is the best place to look for an apartment.
Renting from Penske is sometimes cheaper than U-haul. Buy your buddies pizza for helping you pack up the truck.
And like Prog wrote, make sure the job is sweet enough to handle the very huge cost of living out here.
And FYI... I live 10 minutes from Burbank.

:lecture

As Sam suggested, Craigslist is a good place to start. Glendale is really close to Burbank, so I'd check places in that city as well if Burbank doesn't offer a lot of options you like.

As other's have said, the cost of living out here is so much more than many other states, so be absolutely sure you can make it financially here first and foremost. Good luck! :)

CraigsList is the best place to look for an apartment.
Renting from Penske is sometimes cheaper than U-haul. Buy your buddies pizza for helping you pack up the truck.
And like Prog wrote, make sure the job is sweet enough to handle the very huge cost of living out here.
And FYI... I live 10 minutes from Burbank.

:lecture

:lecture:lecture:lecture

Craigslist is the way to go. That's how I found my roomie, but after months of research. You can find good places, but you should really take your time and get something you feel comfortable with. Good luck and happy hunting :)

seruiously....debate it!

think about the leagccy. i'm drunk tifjht now, but thinking clearly, if i could do it all.again. i would back track and move to a cheaper area. find a lower paying job and be happier in a cheaper climate.

moving to LA. Paying 400k or more for a nothing condo like 800 sq ft. ____ that sht!

look for anther position paying very slightly less in a place where 200-300k get you 2000sq/ft. you be happier. colo also over priced. if i do it all again i find job in ALabama or Texico and move into mansion for less than 200k, sht

ahahah. snap foory. in retro. just move, sell the car and walk.

colorado? i offer a decent climate... mediocre sports teams...political balance and hot women.

we do davis bacon wages.

Drunk posting rocks!!

And what the heck are "davis bacon wages"? :rotfl

First you need to find someone to leave L.A. so you can move in. We have to many people so I trying to start the club method for L.A one out, one in.:rotfl

Seriously though I would post up the area you find an apt before you take it. The sad things is if the APT is a good deal there is usually a good reason. Could be nice but in a ____ part of town.

As some said L.A. is expensive, I would say to but yes but renting from what I have seen its not that much worse then any other big city.

Grue how do you live 10 min from Burbank, do you live on the border? Nothing is 10 min away in LA unless you almost there.:rotfl:rotfl

Back