• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Collector Freaks and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Possible warning.......

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruce Kent

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello freaks! So I am not sure if it's appropriate to post this or not, but with so many scams going around I want to post this and just warn others in case it is a scam. Is anyone else dealing with a buyer that claims to be purchasing several big ticket items for her "husband's birthday?" I don't want to post the members name because it all could be complete miscommunication, and if the mods feel this post should be removed, then I apologize and please remove this post.
Everything seemed fine until I asked where she was coming from and when was her husbands birthday, it was then when she began replying to earlier PM's leaving out the latest PMs I sent her. I have gotten several "haven't heard from you in a while, just checking in". She wanted to meet, but then something would come up. I have noticed she was on MANY times PMing and browsing the For Sale section, and again I received a PM from her at 1:30 AM stating, "haven't heard from you...."
Again, could be completely innocent break in communication, but at one point she wanted to send a deposit and I declined. That would be the only time funds would have exchanged place, so I could just be paranoid. My apologies again of this is premature and uncalled for, but just in case this story matches others right now, You never know. I have read so many posts of "I felt something was wrong, but didn't post" written after it was too late....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back