POPTOYS 1/6 EX09 End missionary Bucket of gun master

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Surprised to see this being produced. I don't know if there are that many Equilibrium fans out there, but I love the movie. I already have the Iminime Preston in both black and white outfits, but will pick up at least one of these. Will be interesting to see how the quality compares. Looks good from the pic. I hope they're better than the Triad Toys version. The only thing that would make this set fantastic is a Taye Diggs Cleric Brandt head sculpt. I think Triad did a small run of them, but have never seen one for sale. If there's enough interest maybe I'll commission one.

I have the Iminime white version, but I always wanted both, just didn't really want to spend that kind of money twice. Now I can get the Pop Toys and display him in the black outfit. :)

I'm in. I've loved this movie for years. Sure, it's a little goofy with the, "Gunkata" but it was a decent film. If you like this, you have to like Ultraviolet. Same director for those who don't know.
The face is a little, "hawkish" right now, but hopefully will get a little better. The resemblance is there, though.
Ryan

I'm in. I've loved this movie for years. Sure, it's a little goofy with the, "Gunkata" but it was a decent film. If you like this, you have to like Ultraviolet. Same director for those who don't know.
The face is a little, "hawkish" right now, but hopefully will get a little better. The resemblance is there, though.
Ryan

I really wanted to like Ultraviolet, but it was terrible.

I really wanted to like Ultraviolet, but it was terrible.

Agreed. I'm a HUGE Milla fan too but it was just awful.

Pretty excited by this Bucket of Gun Master though, although I wish they would do it as two separate figures. I only have interest in the black set so if I did get this, I would sell the white set for sure.

This is supposed to be released soonish, does anyone have any news about it, or maybe even a review if it came out somewhere else first? I have the set on preorder, can't wait to get it and see how good it looks.

I wasn't sure if we were allowed to talk about POPTOYS figures on here as they aren't licensed. I'm tempted by their Victorian Sherlock. Any in hand pics or reviews of that figure around?

I wasn't sure if we were allowed to talk about POPTOYS figures on here as they aren't licensed. I'm tempted by their Victorian Sherlock. Any in hand pics or reviews of that figure around?

Many unlicensed figures have their own threads here. I don' t see why you couldn't talk about Pop Toys figures.
The only reason you couldn't would be if the company who has the rights for a figure/movie/line, demands the relevant thread to be closed.

Paid my invoice from OSK for this today. I also preordered and received their Preston head. It looks much better and should really top off this figure. (no pun intended)
Ryan

Many unlicensed figures have their own threads here. I don' t see why you couldn't talk about Pop Toys figures.
The only reason you couldn't would be if the company who has the rights for a figure/movie/line, demands the relevant thread to be closed.

I thought I'd seen a few threads for unlicensed figures disappear so I wasn't sure. Their Sherlock figure looks pretty good, better than the official Big Chief Sherlock figures to my eye, but as I've never bought anything from them I've no idea what they are like and was waiting on a few reviews.
https://www.kghobby.com/poptoys-1-6-ex08-british-detective-in-victoria-period-action-figure/

If this gun master figure gets good reviews maybe I'll take a chance.

I received this figure today, and it's good and bad. The tailoring on both outfits is excellent, with sharp lines and a smooth finish. The figure comes with the black coat fitted. The collars are sewn closed to maintain their shape. The body has nice tight joints, particularly the ankles. The guns have working slides, removable magazines and barrel extensions. The Katanas are real metal and nicely detailed. There is a good selection of hands to hold the various weapons.

The bad, the headsculpt is okay, the paint finish is very good, but the jaw and mouth are too wide for Bale. The back of the hairline is oddly shaped. You might want to consider a spare Bruce Wayne head as an alternative. Since you only get the one head and body, that's pretty much a necessity. The trigger hands are poorly shaped, since the trigger finger is not curved enough to fit into the trigger guards properly and not straight enough to allow the gun to sit in the hand comfortably. The white hands are painted, so the paint will eventually wear off if you switch weapons too much. There are closed fists, but only a black set, no white. The sash holding the scabbard is about an inch too short, so that it doesn't hang low enough, and the velcro square, holding it together is not strong enough. It should really have been stitched. The long black coat restricts movement slightly, but a velcro closure hidden under the front flap, can be undone to increase the leg movement. You should be able to pull off some cool Gun Kata poses but the lack of any socks does expose the ankle joints in more extreme poses.

The worst: The white suit, while well made, has real functioning button holes. These are a nightmare. I tried for over half an hour and was not able to attach a single button, even with tweezers. After that time, the front of it was looking quite crumpled. It's no wonder it leaves the factory undone. I'll probably hand stitch some snaps onto it, and re-attach the buttons to the opposite side.

Definitely worth getting, as it's basically a 2 figure set, so very good value, but not flawless.

Follow up: I was eventually able to put the white suit on and close it up. It involved doing up the top 3 buttons with the jacket off the figure. Removing the 2 back screws from the HT clone body i used and splitting it open. Remove the arms and insert them into the sleeves. Then insert the chest section into the body of the jacket and carefully refit the arms into the chest within the jacket. Refit the waist joint and do up the last 3 buttons. The jacket ended up looking a little worse for wear and since i was unable to refit the 2 back screws, the body isn't as tight as it should be. Whoever thought microscopic working buttons was a good idea, should be shot. Kinda ruined the figure for me, if i'm honest.

I just received notice that my figure passed through customs.
Has anyone bought/tried this alternate head from Kit? How is it comparable to the stock one?

I just received notice that my figure passed through customs.
Has anyone bought/tried this alternate head from Kit? How is it comparable to the stock one?

The head is going to need an interior neck adapter to mount it to the body as the original has a separate head and neck and the replacement is one piece. But so far it looks way better.
Ryan

I received this figure today, and it's good and bad. The tailoring on both outfits is excellent, with sharp lines and a smooth finish. The figure comes with the black coat fitted. The collars are sewn closed to maintain their shape. The body has nice tight joints, particularly the ankles. The guns have working slides, removable magazines and barrel extensions. The Katanas are real metal and nicely detailed. There is a good selection of hands to hold the various weapons.

The bad, the headsculpt is okay, the paint finish is very good, but the jaw and mouth are too wide for Bale. The back of the hairline is oddly shaped. You might want to consider a spare Bruce Wayne head as an alternative. Since you only get the one head and body, that's pretty much a necessity. The trigger hands are poorly shaped, since the trigger finger is not curved enough to fit into the trigger guards properly and not straight enough to allow the gun to sit in the hand comfortably. The white hands are painted, so the paint will eventually wear off if you switch weapons too much. There are closed fists, but only a black set, no white. The sash holding the scabbard is about an inch too short, so that it doesn't hang low enough, and the velcro square, holding it together is not strong enough. It should really have been stitched. The long black coat restricts movement slightly, but a velcro closure hidden under the front flap, can be undone to increase the leg movement. You should be able to pull off some cool Gun Kata poses but the lack of any socks does expose the ankle joints in more extreme poses.

The worst: The white suit, while well made, has real functioning button holes. These are a nightmare. I tried for over half an hour and was not able to attach a single button, even with tweezers. After that time, the front of it was looking quite crumpled. It's no wonder it leaves the factory undone. I'll probably hand stitch some snaps onto it, and re-attach the buttons to the opposite side.

Definitely worth getting, as it's basically a 2 figure set, so very good value, but not flawless.

Follow up: I was eventually able to put the white suit on and close it up. It involved doing up the top 3 buttons with the jacket off the figure. Removing the 2 back screws from the HT clone body i used and splitting it open. Remove the arms and insert them into the sleeves. Then insert the chest section into the body of the jacket and carefully refit the arms into the chest within the jacket. Refit the waist joint and do up the last 3 buttons. The jacket ended up looking a little worse for wear and since i was unable to refit the 2 back screws, the body isn't as tight as it should be. Whoever thought microscopic working buttons was a good idea, should be shot. Kinda ruined the figure for me, if i'm honest.

I just received mine today.
Regarding the hands for the pistols you can bend a little the trigger finger, so it will take a better shape and hold the gun better.
Also another bad thing is that the white shoes are also painted and not factory produced white.

Today I finished setting up the white figure.
It is certainly difficult trying to pass the buttons of the suit through the holes,
but it can be done after wearing the suit on the body, using the appropriate tool can make a huge difference on the difficulty.
So to begin with my method you have to use a narrow shoulder body, since the suit is very tight
and even on the narrow body is a little hard to accomplish it.
2ond you have to use a pair of tweezers that is really long, holding with the tip of them a single button
and squeezing the hole on top of it.
Once it gets inside the hole, use the tweezers to push the button and with some force it will pass like butter.
Only the top button was very hard to do, the others were just medium difficulty using the above method.

Oh and yes the custom head is better looking than the stock one.

With ref to the head swap, would anyone be kind enough to post pics of what is needed, the neck peg etc? Many thanks

Back