Pope Benedict of Gondor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pope

Why? This is civil...

Anyway.. I'm not religious at all, not as far as organized religion anyway. But I agree and disagree with what you said Samantha. Being firmly grounded in the dogma of your religion is necesarry when you are the leader of sed religion. However, EVERYTHING changes in time. Yes, even the Bible. What was written over 2,000 years ago needs to be interpreted and re-interpreted to apply to the current state of the world. I am sure most people have not actually read the ENTIRE Bible, studied it etc. There is a LOT in there that makes NO sense, or at least wouldn't today. Somewhere it talks about being allowed to have several wives. If the Bible wasn't constantly looked at objectively, it would loose all of its weight. (this comming from somebody who doesn't believe that everything in the Bible is true). ALSO, there are things that the Catholic church does, has done in the past that needs to be changed. Such as their non-involvement during WWII with the Jews. Countless other things as well. Correct me if i'm wrong, but wasn't The Vatican II made specifically to address new issues or reformed issues in the Church?

Longs story short, The Pope, and any leader should be solid and firm in there beliefs but not ignorant to the fact that times change and be prepared to change when change is needed. Just my 2c!

Right on Samantha!! I agree how can you "tweak" something that isn't suppose to be "tweaked".

lol Viking, I didnt mean "tweaking" to the extent that everyone shoots up on Heroine before a mass. :lol I meant like some changes need to be accomodated for ie. women's rights etc. He is blatantly ignorant to this and has stated his beliefs against womens rights quite clearly. And saying HP and rock music is like the Devil's doing? Thats just someone being crackers in my opinion. If alot of people read the entire Bible they would see it is actually very contradicting and alot of it doesnt make sense or is appropriate for our times. But lets not get into that...:rollin

If alot of people read the entire Bible they would see it is actually very contradicting and alot of it doesnt make sense or is appropriate for our times. But lets not get into that...

Too late Arwen... I already did!

I dont like people telling me how to live my life and what rules to follow. Religion angers me greatly and each one contradicts itslef countless times.
I wont say anymore becuase I will probably offend some people.

Well I always think "So you believe in this way so much.....just wait until you die and then you'll find out the truth about what happens to us!" Pope John Pauls spirit is probably floating around the vatican going "bugger"

:mwaha That's really funny FE! :mwaha But... what if he's right and you're wrong, and it's your soul is floating around Hell going "bugger"? :lol

Just food for thought. Like I said, I'm not Catholic. I've got probs with it myself. I just wanted to point out, just one of the reasons, why they chose who they did. I have read a fair share of the Bible, and I know the Old Testament can be quite "wacky". But remember, that Catholics believe in Christ and what He said in the New Testament often clarifies and sometimes even nullifies what was said in the Old. Just food for thought...

sam
flower.gif

PS-And Lonnie? I know exactly what you're talking about... I was a bartender for 9 YEARS!!! :lol

Being spiritual is wonderful no matter what you choose to believe. It is being religious that is scary....too much mind control over the masses......give your money to God but send it to my address type of thing. Belief to me is a private matter, when you try to force it on others it becomes mass mental illness........IMHO.:hat

exactly Gondor.. it is a very dangerous thing to say .. this is what I believe... it is unquestionable and 100% right. Because when you say that.... you are saying that whatever somebody else believes is 100% wrong. Why not just believe what you believe, be open to others and live a moral life. What is the need to say.. I am a Catholic. I am a Muslim. Just be you and believe what you believe.

Christianity is one of the most frustrating religions (even though it is the one closest to what I believe) because it says I am right and if you don't agree.. you are wrong. And if you don't agree with me, you're going to hell. That pisses me off sooooo much!

Back