Popcultureshock Street Fighter ‘Balrog’ 1/4 Statue – Crazy Buffalo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am i missing something? Most SF statues where ok i think for exception of Chun lis face. Can somebody fill me in?

Pictures of Alex from statue forum:

IMG_2634.jpg

IMG_2635.jpg

Another member has issues w/ air pockets.
fQ82zcd.jpg

Another member w/ poor paint app
2013-12-17-13-39-17_zpss4im5khz.png

2013-12-17-13-38-44_zpstpvsigom.png

How did these even pass quality control? There are more examples of poor quality control just check out the thread over at statuefourms.

Katana's solicited pictures look gorgeous but actual production piece was a hot mess. PCS latest release Alex is headed in the same direction. Nice robe but its not exactly like the one in ssfiv

THere is a difference between producing a low quality badly painted statue like some of SS releases vs a quality painted statue that got damaged during shipping.

Alex is the latter for some, mine wasn't damaged and the statue is extremely well made/painted, and very heavy....no eggshells. The statue itself was very well painted and constructed across the board.

Chunli they did mess up on the face due to capcom stupidity but jerry offered free repaint back to the original face for all who purchased, and it came out great.

Get your info correct...

I love pcs alex sculpt and mix media came great but
Paint app is average at best no shading oh blue veins
Like sagat who is a master piece .

I was at nyc comic con alex had the vein look to him
At the con but the end product doesn't it's a shame
Cause the sculp and mix media is top notch

THere is a difference between producing a low quality badly painted statue like some of SS releases vs a quality painted statue that got damaged during shipping.

Get your info correct...
So you're saying these air bubbles happened during shipping? :slap

fQ82zcd.jpg

tO4hFYF.jpg

Let's not forget the weak magnet's on Kitana's EX fan.

Last edited:
So you're saying these air bubbles happened during shipping? :slap

fQ82zcd.jpg

tO4hFYF.jpg

Let's not forget the weak magnet's on Kitana's EX fan.

These are a very common occurrence during casting.
If you look at castings/copies made from original statue, you will see this.
Its nearly impossible to eliminate this, so you either get one with a few or one with more of this.
Every manufacture, producer has issues with the hair "bubbles"

About the paint rubs this happened during transport, you can see it clearly that this is the case. Now better protection inside may have helped this, but you never know till you ship these things.

Just giving you my 2 cents on the other side of the fence.

If you look a the new Conan from SSC, the Conan hair has the same issues BTW

Chun Li's issues were more than face paint. It was just a bad representation of the character entirely. They picked a bad picture of her to base it off of, her face turned out weird, her skin tones were weird, the pose was underwhelming, and her stockings were done poorly. It's a shame too because a character like Chun Li has extreme potential for a mixed media statue. Absolutely none of it was realized with the PCS statue. It's pretty obvious too since after she came out people were practically begging to get rid of them.

The air pockets are not a big deal on Alex when it comes to his hair. It seems mostly unavoidable and his hair is massive. It's also worth pointing out that they are near undetectable from afar and since his hair is all down his back you cannot even see them close up unless you start rotating him. I imagine this problem is incredibly common, but the reason it's such an apparent issue with Alex is simply because his hair is light colored. Considering so many statues have hair that is red, black, green, etc... I imagine it's very difficult to see those pockets, assuming they are there too.

The flesh tones are where they messed up with Alex. He's too plain looking it just looks like one shade of paint and that's it. Balrog will not suffer this problem I imagine because his outfit covers most of his body and he has dark skin. He also has barely any hair too so I imagine the pockets will not be there.

That being said, given PCS recent releases I am near 100% sure Balrog's release will be another huge problem like Alex was. I am also confident that when the ninja finally come out, it's going to be a large scale fiasco too. They can't even ship out Alex to the right destinations and he was a low run release. Imagine how they are going to handle four ninja at once.

About Quality, I just got Alex Regular yesterday and took some photos. I looked him over and nothing major and not that bad as far as the air bubbles
Waiting on Jerry to send me the EX Blue version
Very impressed, its heavy and solid and looks great
I am reassured once more, I wouldn't worry too much

Back