Statue Popcultureshock 1/4 Masters of the Universe Statues!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well that's your opinion isn't it. ;)
I have drawn Filmation MOTU countless times, have all the style guide art for reference and I think they are pretty accurate.
He-Man is just a little soft on details but proportions etc are all accurate. Skeletor's face is a little extruded but again over all pretty accurate every where else.

:lol I was wondering when Eamon was gonna come storming in!!! :lol :lol Its just the facial likenesses I'm referring to mate :) Still don't think either of them actually look like they did in the cartoon. If you can post me a pic of the PCS He-Man face next to the cartoon version the difference is like night and day im afraid :( what gets me is why all the others are far more accurate to the cartoon in regards to likenesses :dunno

:lol I was wondering when Eamon was gonna come storming in!!! :lol :lol Its just the facial likenesses I'm referring to mate :) Still don't think either of them actually look like they did in the cartoon. If you can post me a pic of the PCS He-Man face next to the cartoon version the difference is like night and day im afraid :( what gets me is why all the others are far more accurate to the cartoon in regards to likenesses :dunno

I don't have time to be posting comparason pics to make my case dude. ;)
I draw this stuff and I had a very small hand in each of these statue (some more than others like Beastman and Sorceress). I can tell you that proportionally on the face, He-Man is accurate. He is just a little soft on detail and the paint on the lips which I think throws you. You need to look at the cartoon again and see just how small his nose was and how big his chin was. I was quite taken back myself when things were in development stage but it's accurate.

In Filmation Skeletor's profile was very extruded from the hood which i kinda never liked and felt PCS could've pulled that back a bit, but again, if you look at the cartoon, it's pretty accurate.

I don't have time to be posting comparason pics to make my case dude. ;)
I draw this stuff and I had a very small hand in each of these statue (some more than others like Beastman and Sorceress). I can tell you that proportionally on the face, He-Man is accurate. He is just a little soft on detail and the paint on the lips which I think throws you. You need to look at the cartoon again and see just how small his nose was and how big his chin was. I was quite taken back myself when things were in development stage but it's accurate.

You don't have time dude but I do ;) Not sure what your seeing mate but my eyes are pretty good :lol :lol Next you'll be saying that those pictures look the same! :slap and I don't suppose your drew your He-Man with baby blue eyes did you? ;)

c6729b8494ce1ea26672580abb38a965.jpg

The statue face is one of him facing skyward so a fair comparison would be to find a Filmation drawing of him facing upwards or at least straight on.
I drew Filmation He-Man mostly with blue eyes.

But your the expert here.
You buy enough stuff so by default this makes you an expert...apparently.
You don't even need to see style guides.

Us peasants who draw and actually make stuff you buy ain't gotta clue. ;)

Unfortunately, both He-Man's and Skeletor's likenesses are not 100% accurate according to the Filmation cartoon (in regards to the headsculpts that is) and they are the two main characters! :slap all the other releases so far have been pretty much nailed on in terms of likeness...Beastman look like it just came out of the TV!!!

Agreed, He-man's face could be better for sure, I think he was released before Jerry decided to go 100% Filmation. It's still good overall though but I would replace him if a more accurate one was released.

Agreed, He-man's face could be better for sure, I think he was released before Jerry decided to go 100% Filmation. It's still good overall though but I would replace him if a more accurate one was released.

That's not correct. There was an experiment as to direction with variations of He-Man from classics style to filmation style which fans gave feedback on. Filmation was decided and it stuck...for these particular statues.

Last edited:
That's not correct. There was an experiment as to direction with variations of He-Man from classics style to filmation style which fans gave feedback on. Filmation was decided and it stuck...for these particular statues.

I remember the 4 different choices but thought the second closest to Filmation won and then later it was decided to go 100% Filmation, which I am glad it did as that is what I personally think is best. Love them.

I remember the 4 different choices but thought the second closest to Filmation won and then later it was decided to go 100% Filmation, which I am glad it did as that is what I personally think is best. Love them.

At the time I wanted more 'realistic' classics style but I am glad they went all Filmation too. PCS are doing more realistic MOTU statues now anyways so everyone's happy. :)

Unfortunately, both He-Man's and Skeletor's likenesses are not 100% accurate according to the Filmation cartoon (in regards to the headsculpts that is) and they are the two main characters! :slap all the other releases so far have been pretty much nailed on in terms of likeness...Beastman look like it just came out of the TV!!!
100% agreed. The rest looks amazing, just wish the face wasn't so rounded off and pretty looking. HeMan from the cartoon looked more lean and his lines weren't as smooth. Its almost like they went with a bishoujo style HeMan Face.
I think they tried to go full Filmation but with HeMan I think Mattel wanted a streamlined version of the face cause otherwise why would he look like that right?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

Agreed, He-man's face could be better for sure

100% agreed. The rest looks amazing, just wish the face wasn't so rounded off and pretty looking. HeMan from the cartoon looked more lean and his lines weren't as smooth.

Yea, its a very strange move made by PCS on why they decided to make the main two characters of the cartoon in He-Man and Skeletor look less like the cartoon version (from which they are supposed to be based on) compared to all the other releases in the line such as Beastman, Trapjaw, Teela, etc...which are pretty much spot on! :dunno

I believe even Orko, on the He-Man Exclusive version was also painted inaccurate to the cartoon which again surprises me for such a simplistic character :huh but anyway, like I've said a million times, I'd rather have this great He-Man MOTU line by PCS than nothing at all so it's still all good and I don't want to piss off Eamon anymore cos I know how much he loves his He-Man ;) :lol :lol

Btw Eamon, have you heard anything or seen any exclusive pics from Jerry regarding the mixed media He-Man license? Are us He-Man fans in for a treat? :pray:

At the time I wanted more 'realistic' classics style but I am glad they went all Filmation too. PCS are doing more realistic MOTU statues now anyways so everyone's happy. :)

I remember voting for option B the slightly realistic Filmation style. I still wish Jerry would make that. Filmation brought into a touch of reality would be awe inspiring.
Hopefully he will do it in a He-Man riding Battle-Cat.

The realistic ones shown don't make me happy as they have little likeness to anything familiar. The Skeletor bust looks like random skull baddie and the He-Man bust and shown 1/4 look more like generic barbarian. I mean they DO look awesome. I will probably get the statues BUT it is not He-Man.

Eamon you obviously have a strong connection here. Do you not believe this would sell?

I would pay a bunch to get this in 1/4 or 1/3. I wish Jerry would try a kickstarter campaign to see that some of these things could get the necessary support to make them a success.

37-301-A32-2__95618.1404189984.1280.1280.jpg

Yea, its a very strange move made by PCS on why they decided to make the main two characters of the cartoon in He-Man and Skeletor look less like the cartoon version (from which they are supposed to be based on) compared to all the other releases in the line such as Beastman, Trapjaw, Teela, etc...which are pretty much spot on! :dunno

I believe even Orko, on the He-Man Exclusive version was also painted inaccurate to the cartoon which again surprises me for such a simplistic character :huh but anyway, like I've said a million times, I'd rather have this great He-Man MOTU line by PCS than nothing at all so it's still all good and I don't want to piss off Eamon anymore cos I know how much he loves his He-Man ;) :lol :lol

Btw Eamon, have you heard anything or seen any exclusive pics from Jerry regarding the mixed media He-Man license? Are us He-Man fans in for a treat? [emoji14]ray:
Yeah especially Teela, feel stupid for missing her lol.

Also Jerry said that wed be getting a tease of the mm HeMan in January so should be soon, I'm hoping like next NL

I remember voting for option B the slightly realistic Filmation style. I still wish Jerry would make that. Filmation brought into a touch of reality would be awe inspiring.
Hopefully he will do it in a He-Man riding Battle-Cat.

The realistic ones shown don't make me happy as they have little likeness to anything familiar. The Skeletor bust looks like random skull baddie and the He-Man bust and shown 1/4 look more like generic barbarian. I mean they DO look awesome. I will probably get the statues BUT it is not He-Man.

Eamon you obviously have a strong connection here. Do you not believe this would sell?

I would pay a bunch to get this in 1/4 or 1/3. I wish Jerry would try a kickstarter campaign to see that some of these things could get the necessary support to make them a success.

View attachment 158447
Dude that would an amazing statue in 1/4. Exactly like the pic!

I believe even Orko, on the He-Man Exclusive version was also painted inaccurate to the cartoon which again surprises me for such a simplistic character :huh but anyway, like I've said a million times, I'd rather have this great He-Man MOTU line by PCS than nothing at all so it's still all good and I don't want to piss off Eamon anymore cos I know how much he loves his He-Man ;) :lol :lol[/QUOTE=RobertoBagg10;7472026]

It's not like I am saying it's bang on the money in final product but when you have seen something delelop from point A and to point B, you have a different view. I just remember all the backs and forths about the face and how it evolved in terms or accuracy. If you look back at the basic 3d sculpt without any colour, you'll see the face is quite accurate. The paint really rounded and softened details.

Btw Eamon, have you heard anything or seen any exclusive pics from Jerry regarding the mixed media He-Man license? Are us He-Man fans in for a treat? :pray:

I cannot really say. Some cool shiz ahead though for sure. :)

View attachment 158447

A throne sitting Skeletor would totally sell. :)

For PCS, the Filmation statues need to have a consistancey so they are all standing poses.

Back