Statue Popculture Shock Legend Lord of Darkness Statue

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My husband ordered one and so did I. The plan was I'm the one ordering since I have time. There goes our $800 for other POs.
Lol so you both ordered one thinking that the other wasn't going to? Well you can always sell one now to a fellow boardie

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

When is he supposed to come out, next May?

Sent from the Cockpit of the Millenium Falcon

I think it said 3rd quarter of 2015 buddy but don't be surprised if that's put back ;)

:horror We ordered 2. Who else ordered 2?

As for you Angelica...

2amymudu.jpg

:lol :lol

I have many SS and HT items on order. Also, the eFX Scout Trooper Legend helmet, eFX Capt America shield, PCS Robocop, some other misc items, but this one is the item I am most excited about! It looks so epically awesome.... I always chuckle with a touch of sarcasm when I read someone saying "..can't wait.." for this or that, so I will not use those words, but the day I will unbox this beast can't come soon enough! :)

Mark my words, people (including the ones bashing this now) will end up kicking themselves for not ordering this. Everyone is always complaining about edition size, and collectibles not being collectible.... always wanting larger scale, and a non rotocast fully sculpted piece of amazingness... and now that one finally hit the marked at almost 40" and under $1000.00, 1:3 and mixed media, AND only 150 made world wide... they pass on it.. i don't understand the collecting world.

I wonder how many flippers bought it? Seems it has ticked all the boxes, of what it takes, for the value to shoot through the roof.

Mark my words, people (including the ones bashing this now) will end up kicking themselves for not ordering this. Everyone is always complaining about edition size, and collectibles not being collectible.... always wanting larger scale, and a non rotocast fully sculpted piece of amazingness... and now that one finally hit the marked at almost 40" and under $1000.00, 1:3 and mixed media, AND only 150 made world wide... they pass on it.. i don't understand the collecting world.

100% agree! classic character, acrylic eyes & teeth (SS take note please), big size with super low ES! add to that the sweet discount. the sad news is I have to wait over a year for it, but the good news is I only have to pay for the shipping :)

Great character for sure, but the film is a bit of a cult flick. As for technical execution, people seemed to take issue with the accuracy of the sculpt -- which, going off the official prototype pics, is damn close and carries the spirit nicely -- and the pose -- which, again, isn't outlandish for this particular character and also carries the spirit. Seriously, the sass is 110% necessary to making Darkness what he is.

Long story short, I can see why not everyone is crazy about it. But I also think they're a little crazy themselves. :lol

Again, at the $799 price it is an absolute steal. Even at $1000 it's a great deal and half of what SS would charge with less quality. It just shows how much profit SS builds into their products. Look at the R2-D2/C-3P0 PF. It is $50 less, a lot smaller, and one of them is made of plastic.

If anything, LoD is an iconic figure, and that is enough for most of us, even if we don't care about the movie.

So glad I ordered one. Always loved the character and the voice of Curry made it. I can envision displaying him with some red lights and some Type O Negative playing in the background. I'm hoping with the small ES Jerry can ensure great QC.

I would love this if I was a fan, but I'm not so >< But it does look great.

Again, at the $799 price it is an absolute steal. Even at $1000 it's a great deal and half of what SS would charge with less quality. It just shows how much profit SS builds into their products. Look at the R2-D2/C-3P0 PF. It is $50 less, a lot smaller, and one of them is made of plastic.

If anything, LoD is an iconic figure, and that is enough for most of us, even if we don't care about the movie.
SS charges 2k for Half scale pieces, so I doubt they'd charge the same for 1/3 scale. And the quality of the Legendary scale pieces is quite amazing. While this piece is amazing, it's price is competative but I'd hardly call it a steal.

Priced as low as $799 it's comparable to Sauron, Galactus, Sentinel, and Predator 2. Being 1/3rd scale with acrylic teeth and eyes and an elaborate costume, I'd say it's a darn good deal when looking at what's out there in the same price range.

Back