POPCULTCHA and Other Figure Deals, discounts and what ever else saves money.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I bet on the wrong horse and ordered Boba from PC. Took them forever to get it. Then ordered Rey/BB-8 from SS (no word yet there, but heard late August or early September).

I bet on the wrong horse and ordered Boba from PC. Took them forever to get it. Then ordered Rey/BB-8 from SS (no word yet there, but heard late August or early September).
I'm in the exact same boat. At least my chewie finally shipped from them this week. They are all over the map.

Well, my Hastings store officially has a going out of business sign up. Discounts are 10-30% off right now in store only. They have a few Sideshow Star Wars figs but no discounts on them yet. And the online store has been taken down now. :(

Well, my Hastings store officially has a going out of business sign up. Discounts are 10-30% off right now in store only. They have a few Sideshow Star Wars figs but no discounts on them yet. And the online store has been taken down now. :(

Yea I went to the site and saw the big "Going out of business" home page. The funny thing is at the bottom of the page, there are two links...the second being an application to work :lol :slap

"Find store locations HERE

Apply to work at a Hastings store HERE"

They must be hiring extra staff to push stock and set things up for liquidation. I was a regular at my hastings, knew the workers, but I went in day one for their discounts and there were three people I've never seen there in all the years I've been going.

Really? My store had a sign that said 20% off all Star Wars items. I assumed that included the Hoth Luke and Han they had on the shelves. It's also 20% off all action figures.

I ordered the Finn 2 pack and Captain Phasma during Timewalker Toys 10% off sale. Only Finn was in stock, but it also applied the discount to Phasma. I fully expected them to not honor the discount on Phasma. But they sent me a nice email and honored the discount. Not only that, but they combined this order with my previous order of SA Dumbledore and Hagrid, and are shipping the Finn 2 pack and Dumbledore tomorrow, since they are in stock and the others aren't. Otherwise I would have had to wait for Hagrid to be in stock for Dumbledore to ship, and Phasma to be in stock before Finn could ship with their free shipping.

TL;DR - Timewalker Toys rocks!

My local Hastings has 20% off on action figures but there's really not much worth getting just with that discount. Have any stores gone down lower than that yet?

Mine closes October 31st, the lady there said they will be marking stuff gradually down as everything has to be gone by then.

Yeah at even 40% I would buy something. Unfortunately I'm only at my dad's place for a week (he's got a Hastings here) but maybe I can have them put it aside for him if it's still around in a month and the sales increase.

I ended up getting the HT Han Solo from Popcultcha during their last "glitch" sale. Paid in full and they honored the price but stated that because it was such a discount I wouldn't receive any pennies for it. Ok whatever, even though I thought you got pennies for the amount of money you spend not what discount you got.
Well I decided to write a review for the figure and after approving the review they still wouldn't credit any pennies for the review. Really? Now you're still going to stick it to me on the review too?
You'd swear I got the thing for free for the amount of potential pennies they haven't credited me.

My local Hastings has (2) Age of Ultron MMS 286 Hulk figures left if anyone is interested. He's at $195 right now plus tax. If your interested PM and I can pick it up and ship it out to you. I think SSC had him for $275 before it sold out.

My local Hastings has (2) Age of Ultron MMS 286 Hulk figures left if anyone is interested. He's at $195 right now plus tax. If your interested PM and I can pick it up and ship it out to you. I think SSC had him for $275 before it sold out.

I PM'ed you

Back