Pop Culture Reproductions - Zorg, Dead repaint, Alex Ross Goblin WIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mr. Charlie's Pop Culture Reproductions - Daryl, Wolverine, Trejo Tats

Very nice. I think Jackman needs a lot more hair though. His hair is really long and combed back so you might have to fill it out a bit more to add that volume up. Thanks for sharing and keep up the great work.

Thanks, guys. Wolverine is a commission, and based on Xmen First Class, so I did him with a clean cut using part of a cast of the hair off the HT version. Just the top middle is off the cast. The rest plus the beard and higher forehead and corners are all newly sculpted to match. He's kind of a Frankensculpt, I guess.

I'm making a cast for myself, so I think I will do a long haired version for a 'nam bash next.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Re: Mr. Charlie's Pop Culture Reproductions - new paint ups, Daryl, Wolverine, Trejo

Some new paint-ups on commission. A SS Qui-gon someone casted and resculpted to look like Ra's. Lots of bubbles that needed fixed and other issues. Got most of them.

ra's by blackrider9, on Flickr

Gladiator painted to match a Kaustic muscle body:

crowe1 by blackrider9, on Flickr

Some Django stuff. I had no hope for this head. It actually had the neck adapter cast into the head, so think real skinny neck on large head. I sculpted the neck to be flush with the head and the beard on. Came out pretty decent.

django by blackrider9, on Flickr

Hot Toys Landa with new hair and beard to look like he does in Django:

django3 by blackrider9, on Flickr

Tried to give him a hat. Not bad:

django4 by blackrider9, on Flickr

Re: Pop Culture Reproductions - Jim Lee Bats, Slimer, Willis

My first comic-inspire Bats, using Z's head he put out awhile back. Gauntlets are custom and each made from a single piece of vinyl faux leather. Suit and pouches came from Moe. Pouches and buckle were yellow rubber, but I wanted a black and white bats so I casted in resin and repainted. Thanks to Tony Meis for the chest logo.

Currently working on my first rogue:

bats1 by blackrider9, on Flickr

I posted this in the Slimer thread but putting here too for good measure. Awesome sculpt with tons of detail, which means it's a pain to paint, but worth the effort:

slimer1 by blackrider9, on Flickr

slimer2 by blackrider9, on Flickr

slimer3 by blackrider9, on Flickr

Another Z Willis. New paint palate. Rather liking it:

willis1 by blackrider9, on Flickr

Oh, and I did a wedding cake topper:

cake2 by blackrider9, on Flickr

Re: Pop Culture Reproductions - Jim Lee Bats, Slimer, Willis

Waltz and Batman are GREAT!!

Re: Pop Culture Reproductions - Jim Lee Bats, Slimer, Willis, Mifune

Thanks, guys. Here's Mifune from the Matrix:

*edit: touched up the beard and eye details

mifune2_1 by blackrider9, on Flickr

Last edited:
Re: Pop Culture Reproductions - Jack Burton, Doc

Here's an oldie but goodie; Spencer's Burton for my buddy Slade. Jeans are from the Rambo First Blood figure. I just threw them in for the shot:

Burton by blackrider9, on Flickr

And a buildup using Rainman's Doc. Sourced all the clothes pretty easily. Custom scarf. My paint job. When I get more time I want to work more on the belt.

doc by blackrider9, on Flickr

Last edited:
Re: Pop Culture Reproductions - Deathwish, Merl, King, The Rock tats

Bunch of random stuff, new paint-ups, etc.

Death Wish Charles Bronson:

bronson by blackrider9, on Flickr

Merl:

merle by blackrider9, on Flickr

Mr. Blonde:

blonde by blackrider9, on Flickr

Cool pic a client sent me of his finished King using the head I sculpted the beard and hair on:

King by blackrider9, on Flickr

And some Rock tattoos I just finished. Selling them in the interest section if anyone's interested:

rocktats2 by blackrider9, on Flickr

rocktats1 by blackrider9, on Flickr

More random stuff; a few months' worth:

Dead repaint for my buddy Daniel. He got this head off eBay. Not a bad paint-up by any means, but I put a little more time into it.

red by blackrider9, on Flickr

Ada Chan Zorg. She sculpted where the plastic thing on his head is supposed to be. I couldn't stand that so I heated up a piece of transparency and molded it to fit the head. Cut it out and glued it right behind the ear right over top the sculpted piece. Can't even tell.

zorg by blackrider9, on Flickr

Scarecrow scythe for the comic Scarecrow thread in the interest section (https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=133719&highlight=scarecrow):

scythe2 by blackrider9, on Flickr

Some Supernatural weapons for my friend Groovy:

supernatural by blackrider9, on Flickr

And something that's been a long time in the making: Alex Ross-inspired Goblin. Finally got the suit all worked out and other parts. I'm just kicking myself because I could have made the lenses curved, but I can't do it now unless I get another head. Hope to have it finished within the month if I have time.

goblin by blackrider9, on Flickr

Love your stuff :hi5:
I especially like the mr zorg , I have this head too.
How did you heat the plastic?

Thanks, guys. I just used a heat gun for a couple seconds at a time, enough so the plastic softened up and I could mold it to the contours of the sculpt. Used a toothpick a little in places as well. Make sure you don't hold the heat on it too long or the plastic will crinkle into a ball.

Oh, and obviously heat the plastic over the sculpt BEFORE you paint. Otherwise your paint will bubble right off.

Back