POLL: Which Should I get; Batman Returns or Arkham City?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which Hot Toys figure should I buy?

• Arkham City Batman

Votes: 28 43.1%
  • Batman Returns Batman

Votes: 37 56.9%

• Total voters

JorReno

Super Freak
Reaction score
I only want ONE Batman in my collection.

Batman Returns is probably my favorite Batman movie.

I love the Arkham series. AC is probably one of my favorite video games.

Honestly, I really cannot decided between the two.

Please help me decide. Thanks.

EDIT: I just noticed that both are sequels in their respected genre.

Hoo-boy what a question. Do you have the 89 Batman figure, at least? If so, I'd go with the Arkham figure. It comes from one of the greatest video games released last gen, and quite frankly, it's as close as it gets for a BTAS figure.

Even if you don't have the 89 Batman figure, I'd still go with the Arkham one. I'm sure a lot of folks in the DC section will disagree me on this, because most of this board isn't familiar with video games at all (no offense, guys :monkey3). Just don't expect accurate and honest polling, to base your decision on :lol.

Both + 89 Batman+ Dx12 + 66 Batman + Batman Begins. For a batman fan it's hard to get only one! Same applies to IM. People usually have more than 1 Armor.

I'd go with Returns personally.

To me it's one of the most iconic costumes in the entire Batman Universe & definitely a more impressive figure to my eyes than the Arkham one which looks pretty poor to me.

I love the games but the figure just too looks too bulky & not anywhere near iconic enough to be your only Batman figure (I have the '89 & Dark Knight Rises Batman but will still be picking up a Returns figure)

Neil

Really tough question. I guess if I had a gun to my head, Arkham. I also already have the DX09 but I think the Arkham Bats (plus he's Kevin Conroy!) makes him the definitive Batman for me.

I wonder how the rubber suits are compared to the older ones. Arkham Bats articulation looks pretty good in some of the photos.

I suppose it would sway my opinion if I knew if we would be getting BR Catwoman, Penguin. Or AC Harley, Joker, Catwoman, etc.

The Batman Returns suit is my favorite from the films.

The Arkham suit is probably my ideal batsuit though.

:gah:

Which one would look better with the Marvel Hot Toys? Yeah yeah, DC vs Marvel...
but with that all aside, which one would look LESS out of place?

Do you have the 89 Batman figure, at least?

Nope. Ironically enough, I said 'I will wait for the Batman Returns figure'.
:lol

Arkham Bats seems like it would be more in place with the Marvel ones because of it's more comic-book-influenced nature which is what Marvel has been going with.

I'm surprised, most people seem to like the first suit more because it looks more like a "body" armor than a suit armor. I was even thinking about making a 2nd Keaton Bat with parts from the new one mixed with the old if I can get my hands on one but some of the parts I can't seem to find.

Well, it all depends...

Considering you'll end up having rubber issue with both id go for Arkham Bats... Unless you don't have 89 Batman that is. Otherwise, I think Returns is too close to the original to justify buying, the suit in the movie looked inferior and Arkham Bats is so.... batman, for me, there is no competition!:)

for me i need each representation for each batman LOL.... i will not get the arkham if there's 1/6 batman animated series. but if you wanna get only one between arkham and returns, i would pick returns. BR is timeless

Ok. I've decided to go with the Batman Returns one ONLY IF they improve the Keaton sculpt. In the event they don't, I'll pick up the Arkham Batman. Besides, the kid in me would kick me for not getting the BR figure.

Thanks guys.
:wave

if there's 1/6 batman animated series.

This is a thing??????

I think the Arkham figure would look better with Marvel figures, but I chose to go with Returns as I like it better personally. I was really excited at first when seeing the Arkham Bats, but there's just something off with it that I cant place.

Close one. I suppose it comes down to which interpretation of bats you prefer. And for me that's Kevin conroy in arkham city. While Keaton is the definitive batman for a lot of people, I just don't believe he could kick your arse, whereas arkham bats looks like he could squash you with his finger. He'd do a bat swarm takedown on bane from the dark knight rises no problem! :lol

I'm getting both and waiting for the Batfleck suit.

As for you, the Arkham Suit is a perfect Representation of comic Bruce in his prime. If you are a comic fan, then go with that one.

Also, the Returns figure comes out a bit down the track. Which works out well for me cause I just shelled out $500 for Whiplash, and I'm looking at picking up a heap of AOU figures.

I like the Arkham one a lot. But... BR has JUST edged it out.

On a similar note, are there any quality control issues with the 89 Batman figure?

Batman Returns... just because I think it looks better.

Batman's suit in Asylum and City wasn't rubberized; it was something woven.

Back