POLL: Should Term/Pred/Alien get their own forum?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Should Term/Pred/Alien threads have their own Forum?

• Nope--leave it be

Votes: 29 42.6%
  • Worth considering, or agree

Votes: 13 19.1%
  • All megathread topics should have their own forum

• Stop trying to change the board, noob!!

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Fangs of Death

Super Freak
Reaction score
To leave the rest of Aliens and Robots to other aliens and robots, and General SciFi, including Star Trek, etc?
The named three dominate the forum with their ten-year-old megathreads, and rapidly push new stuff (about other stuff) into the hinterland (page 2, and out of sight).

Then maybe SciFi could flourish and prosper, instead of getting choked/starved at birth by ravening behemoths? Outer Limits and other weird creatures could then perhaps drift in from Horror, and Kirk, Spock and co could get away from the Simpsons etc, in Gen. Coll....

Just a thought. :peace

Funny to remember when Alien and Terminator and Predator were all being handled in the basic general sci-fi area.

It's blossomed into a mega-child.

But you may have a point about these three 80's behemoths.

I voted nope leave it be. It is true that lesser known threads do get swamped and pushed back a page or two within just 24 hours of day to day posting. But at the same time if it was worth posting in then it would always be on page 1 near the top if the discussion made it so.

There would be no point making a "other" aliens and robots sub forum if half the threads on page 1's latest posts go back days. The horror section can be semi-dead. Most of the time the 2nd half of the threads in page 1 have not had a reply in a couple of days.

What Bakurenoh said. Terminator, Predator and Alien dominate in here because they are the most popular and most talked about by the most people. If something else isn't bumped as much...perhaps thats simply because far less people are interested in talking about it.

tumblr_m13ks3eHKg1rs4995o1_500.gif

Leave it be.

sometimes the alien predator threads are too much to read, but, maybe without them the the aliens and robots will become a ghost town?

To leave the rest of Aliens and Robots to other aliens and robots, and General SciFi, including Star Trek, etc?
The named three dominate the forum with their ten-year-old megathreads, and rapidly push new stuff (about other stuff) into the hinterland (page 2, and out of sight).

Then maybe SciFi could flourish and prosper, instead of getting choked/starved at birth by ravening behemoths? Outer Limits and other weird creatures could then perhaps drift in from Horror, and Kirk, Spock and co could get away from the Simpsons etc, in Gen. Coll....

Just a thought. :peace

You do have a point, but...

Do that and you pretty much kill the A&R boards.

...so does Nam.

Yea, the Aliens and Robots thread is really the Term/Pred/Alien in disguise since those dominate this forum.

LOL just found this on page 2...! Only stuck the poll up yesterday.
Sorry! Won't bump it again--just saying....:medic

sometimes the alien predator threads are too much to read, but, maybe without them the the aliens and robots will become a ghost town?

This.
I am mostly interested in the Pred/Term stuff, but other threads have a chance to catch my eye. If they were in a separate section, I'd never see them.

The reason I set up the sticky thread about all things Alien, Predator and Terminator is so that it was a point of reference for anyone specifically interested in the three power houses ;) Before hand there was continuous repeat threads or threads getting criticized for being irrelevant or over discussed.

Personal evaluation = no new forum/ section required.

Leave it be. This section is already 95% Terminator Predator Alien. If they got their own thread then Aliens and Robots would have no one in it. And I would have to have to go to different forums to check Terminator news and Robocop News

Back