POLL: HT Movie Cap. America - First, or Avengers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which HT Version you would prefer?

• 1. AVENGERS movie

Votes: 46 25.1%
  • 2. CAPTAIN AMERICA -THE FIRST AVENGER movie

Votes: 137 74.9%

• Total voters
Hmmm, I thought this version was the first.... :peace

6795343652_3091cb2f70.jpg

i've owned 2 of the first avenger figures for a very brief amount of time. aside from the crooked A's on the helmets and crooked stars on the chest, the figure was just a big let down for me. it looked a lot better in pictures than in hand. that said, i will most likely pick up the avengers version to go along with hulk and iron man. i like the sleeker suit. while the mask leaves a lot to be desired, i'm hoping hot toys will provide an unmasked head so that's how ill display him.

I just orders the Cap Movie version. I do not like the avenger costume at all. I really dislike the pouches and the way they blend into the suit.

I love the look of the Cap Movie WWII era but I also really like the Modern one too. I will probably have both on my shelf.

Agreed. The movie and the HT figure for sure will win over the majority of us.

At least its more comic book accurate.

The 1990 direct to video Cap did indeed try to capture a more literal comic book translation with the suit but the fact that the suit had rubber(!) ears and that he hardly ever wore it on-screen were huge disappointments (among other things of course.)

TFA was pretty brilliant in that it did showcase a comic accurate suit for his propaganda tour and indicated that that costume was the actual inspiration for the comics that came out soon after.

I prefer the "First Avenger" look and its the figure I plan to stick with. Although I will agree the new costume does look better on film than in the earlier promo shots.

I don't really have a problem with the Avengers Cap outfit. We are currently looking at pictures. Pictures that don't move. So it is easy to pick it apart. Especially the off screen photos of the actors just hanging around. I doubt we'll notice many, if any, bad looks while they are fighting or doing anything else while the film is actually running! I'll even predict most people crapping on the Avengers Cap now, will change their tune, even if just a little, after they see the film.

Thats just my meaningless opinion!

^agreed actually when my friend saw the earlier photos of the first avenger costume/concept art etc, We had the same initial reaction.. but when we finally seen the movie it changed our minds :D

Putting Cap in the world today, I would feel more secure trusting on a guy with the FA costume than the avengers costume :rotfl:rotfl

Back