POLL: HT Movie Cap. America - First, or Avengers?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which HT Version you would prefer?

• 1. AVENGERS movie

Votes: 46 25.1%
  • 2. CAPTAIN AMERICA -THE FIRST AVENGER movie

Votes: 137 74.9%

• Total voters
Hot Toys is making more and more of their figures. Look at the T1000, Superman and some other's. Taking longer and longer for figures to sell out. They know people are buying multiples too.

And 8 out of 13 isn't everyone.

You are correct. I guess I was more referring to the comments made as opposed to the poll. Most if not all commenting prefer the FA outfit. I personally like them both. I even lean towards the Avengers Cap because he is WAY closer to a comic version. And I too suspect once the Avengers Cap HT is release, it will even out. :dunno

With the exception of minor details, I don't get all the disliking of the Avengers Cap outfit. I think its pretty close to the traditional comic outfit. I think we forget that most super hero movies are not comic books. They try to make them as though they are in the real world as much as possible. Hence not yellow tights for Wolverine.

I prefer the WWII version much more than the new one which looks cartoony. They will correct the costume for CA 2.

First Avenger hands down. He looks more like a bad ass soldier and more modern. The new suit looks kinda goofy to me. They should have mixed the new with the old and kept the theme. Still looking forward to the movie and the figure.

First avenger by a long shot. I absolutely love the Ultimates look...it's a great mesh of a military/superhero design.
To me, the TFA suit is one of the best costume of a superhero so far on screen. Looking at the pants, the boots, the belt, the aviator inspired helmet, you can tell he is a soldier, and the superhero aspect of it makes it perfect that he would stand out in the battlefield to lead the other soldiers. Absolutely love it.

As far as the avengers looks, it's pretty good also but I have some nitpicks that brings down the costume. One, he looks skinny, cap supposed to look buff. And the worst one, I have yet to see a pic of his helmet that looks decent. Can't stand the egghead look.

Last edited:
First Avenger costume has superior detail both front and back whereas the Avengers costume is just a typically superhero costume. What I find disturbing abt the avengers costume is his gloves, boots, and belt. The colors are horrible. Didn't the soldiers made fun of the red boots in TFA?

I'll be curious to see how many change their minds when the avengers cap hot toy is released. Now, everyone is comparing fa HT to real pics of avengers cap

I like "AVENGERS" desing more cuz it's modern and less detailed. Even tho I don't like how the real costume looks on the actor still hope that the HT figure of this Cap will look as succinctly and effectively as he was on promo art.

I'll be curious to see how many change their minds when the avengers cap hot toy is released. Now, everyone is comparing fa HT to real pics of avengers cap

Yea people are judging this by real life Avengers cap. Wait and judge it till the figure comes out.

That the head off of TFA, paint the brown leather portions blue and stick it on the Avengers suit and you've got what The Avengers suit should have looked like. I'm interested to see if someone will bash that.

That the head off of TFA, paint the brown leather portions blue and stick it on the Avengers suit and you've got what The Avengers suit should have looked like. I'm interested to see if someone will bash that.

The design must:
1) resemble a comic book character
2) match today's military style
3) match S.H.I.E.L.D. style

Imo that's the way it works and so your suggestion doesn't seem right.

Sorry, I might have been somewhat unclear. Was curious about what COSTUME people like better, not which HT figure. Obviously, we can't compare figures yet.
However - Even if we want to speculate and compare them in a figure form, we still can. After all, I am pretty sure the figure will be almost identical to the on-screen character.

Sorry, I might have been somewhat unclear. Was curious about what COSTUME people like better, not which HT figure. Obviously, we can't compare figures yet.
However - Even if we want to speculate and compare them in a figure form, we still can. After all, I am pretty sure the figure will be almost identical to the on-screen character.

you should restart the poll then.

First Avenger costume has superior detail both front and back whereas the Avengers costume is just a typically superhero costume. What I find disturbing abt the avengers costume is his gloves, boots, and belt. The colors are horrible. Didn't the soldiers made fun of the red boots in TFA?

Yeah, blue pouches on a blue suit.... And the boots and gloves, they don't look functional, the design is too overdone.

Curious what people prefer, if the had to choose only one, which one?
Pics below.

the-avengers-captain-america-hawkeye-black-widow.jpg

264590_10150211330667344_58690437343_7454201_8387833_n-500x500.jpg

But you're the one who posted the Hot Toys TFA Captain America Figure. If you intended to just compare costumes, you should of posted a still from the movie.

Back