Please help ~ bought fake Hulk vs Spidey

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^ I was going to type something, but my eyes keep wondering.

But yeah, it's way apparent it's a fake.

I can't believe people are still falling for this. It's obvious these are fakes just by reading the lackluster description they give... plus they "just received a new shipment" ....

YOU ALWAYS GET WHAT YOU PAID FOR!

Remember that!

I don't mean to be rude but you live you learn.

yeah dude...come on...we all know the going price for a real one of these...rory is right bro..live and learn

There are sellers out there that do not know what they are selling. i remember someone posted a Buy-it-now for a sealed Patient Zero for $100, and this was when it was going for $300 and up. But it rarely happens though.

I agree, any average buyer would look at the LOCATION... that should be a dead give away. Plus this topic of fake IM and HvsS has been beatin down like a rented mule.

the thing with the fakes has gone way too far .. the market has been flooded with Fake Iron Man Comiquettes & Hulk vs Spidey Dios.
sorry to hear that man!!! hope to fix this mess with them soon!!!

Thanks everybody for your help . . I really appreciate it . . :)

I will let you know how it turns out . . .

Thanks everybody for your help . . I really appreciate it . . :)

I will let you know how it turns out . . .

You should answer our questions up top and tell us if you've done anything we suggested.

wtf, unethical????

unethical is when paypal drags their feet so long resolving a dispute that they can no longer confirm online that the returned package had been delivered and signed for. i even obtained and faxed paypal the receipt that confirned delivery, but they told me i was s.o.l. it was over a ssw moria orc swordsman that had been broken in multiple places, reglued, and advertised as mint.
sorry, but when paypal pulls that sh-t, i'll let them sort through the trash to recoup their funds. when i've spent the money i have through them, it's their job to do the footwork, not mine.

I 100% agree with what you said. I'm dealing with an issue over a broken finished kit I bought from overseas. Paypal won't do anything because the item was not bought through Ebay and they say they cannot verify the original condition: WTF? So my only course of action is a chargeback through my CC and let Paypal sort it out with the original seller.

Let me tell you this. I almost purchased, let me rephrase, I did purchase a fake exclusive iron man about a year and ahalf ago on a buy it now for like $500. I had the seller email extra pictures just to make sure nothing was broken on it. At that time another person contacted me letting me know it was a fake by the pictures that were on the auction. So I sent him the pics the seller sent me. He sent me back a comparison on an authentic ss statue and the ones I sent him. The differences were very noticable. Armor on back was glued wrong, the paint was off, and the tony stark portrait was different.
Armed with this info I went to ss even emailed them all the pics I had even the pictures that showed the comparison of the fake and authentic statues, and this is what I was told...comes down to the fact that I didnt buy the statue direct from ss and they couldnt verify the authenticity of it. She also told me that buying from Ebay is a chance that you take and that its wiser to buy from ss directly.
We all know to buy things that are already sold out at SS we have to turn to a secondary market. SS is a good company when you buy from them. But buying from ebay and turning to ss for help is a different story.
In the end I didn't pay for the statue and about a month later the guy was no longer a registered user, and thats that he had very good feedback. Dude stay away from stuff out of singapore or any other place over seas, at least for ss statues. There stuff to look for and I read your auction and it immediately brought up a redflag.
Contact ss and see what they tell you, ask if you can send them the statue to have them verify the authenticity, and keep us informed on what they tell you.
El Roranous is right man learn and live. I did, even though I didnt lose out on the money.
Anyways keep us informed.....

******Status of Claim*******

I want to thank everyone again for their help in this. Especially the members that provided the basic letter format and one shop owner that offered to submit a letter for me. (I may or may not still need your help later, but I wanted to say thank you again)

I decided to try contacting Sideshow directly and I explained the whole situation. I gave them numerous ebay auction numbers and the links to the threads at statueforum and at the sideshow freaks board. Your knowledge and pictures showing the differences I believe were a big help.

Sideshow could not have been more helpful. They are very interested in locating these recasters and legally shutting them down. I gave them all the information I had including the physical address the seller wanted me to return the item to. I hope it helps them.

I especially want to thank Dusty & Brant from Sideshow Inc., Dusty for getting the ball rolling and a huge Thank You to Brant for putting together the letter that I was able to submit to Paypal.

I won’t know the outcome for a week or so, maybe longer, but they didn’t have to help me and they did. Even making sure I didn’t miss the deadline to submit it. I will keep you guys up to date as to how this all turns out.

Thanks again,

Mike
siren3-4

Awesome to hear that Sideshow Dusty and Brant helped you out. Can this company rock any more than it does now? Apparently yes!:banana:rock:rock

I'm also pretty sure that SS will be less than helpful in helping you get your money back from a fake seller. This is how I imagine phone conversation will go:

"Hello, SS customer service, how can I hlep you?"

"Hi, I just received a fake statue"

"Did you buy it directly from Sideshow?"

"No, but I need your help anyway."

"We can't help you unless you buy directly from SS. Work it out with the seller you bought it from. In future, only buy from SS."

That sucks it happened, but I thought most people on this baord knew better. Siren, you've been around longer than me, how did you fall for this?

I would also give up on this statue, real or fake; I know I have. Most seem to be broken. It's VERY fragile with the pole and spidey's fingers.

Sideshow is a great company and usually very helpful whenever I have called them about a problem I had on something I bought from them. But they aren't going to take much (if any) of their time to help someone who wasn't a paying customer.

******Status of Claim*******

I want to thank everyone again for their help in this. Especially the members that provided the basic letter format and one shop owner that offered to submit a letter for me. (I may or may not still need your help later, but I wanted to say thank you again)

I decided to try contacting Sideshow directly and I explained the whole situation. I gave them numerous ebay auction numbers and the links to the threads at statueforum and at the sideshow freaks board. Your knowledge and pictures showing the differences I believe were a big help.

Sideshow could not have been more helpful. They are very interested in locating these recasters and legally shutting them down. I gave them all the information I had including the physical address the seller wanted me to return the item to. I hope it helps them.

I especially want to thank Dusty & Brant from Sideshow Inc., Dusty for getting the ball rolling and a huge Thank You to Brant for putting together the letter that I was able to submit to Paypal.

I won’t know the outcome for a week or so, maybe longer, but they didn’t have to help me and they did. Even making sure I didn’t miss the deadline to submit it. I will keep you guys up to date as to how this all turns out.

Thanks again,

Mike
siren3-4

I guess I stand corrected. :lol

My experience was not the same when I purchased a genuine SS item that I had a problem with off of Ebay.

I guess I stand corrected. :lol

My experience was not the same when I purchased a genuine SS item that I had a problem with off of Ebay.

:lol:lol

The real work was dealing with Paypal . . . :banghead

Once I got through to them that it was a counterfeit item, then the process changed and they asked me for proof basically . . .

So I went to Sideshow with all the information, and I was dealing with a seller who had sold numerous fake Hulk & Spidey's along with a few fake Iron Man Exclusives. They were eager to get any information about them that I had, and all I was asking from them at that point was a letter.

Luckily the differences were glaring and the seller had sold, and is continuing to sell, obvious fakes. Still they didn't have to help me . . .

So even if it doesn't turn out in my favor, I am a fan for life . . . :)

I continue to report these auctions when they pop up. The last one was through Ebay - Hong Kong, got an email from them saying they'd look into my claim. :rolleyes:

damn. i bought this one a week or so ago, i hope it's authentic like they say, but by the sounds of this it might not be.
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=290248347563&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=019
i checked out his feedback, and the negatives had to do mostly with shipping and there was only 3 i think. i guess i'll wait and see, and if it is a fake i be contacting my cc company, that's one reason why i always change the method of payment on paypal from direct fund transfer to credit card.
then the card company can fight with paypal.

Back