Please change back to the old Q&A format!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thenammagazine

Super Freak
Reaction score
I'm not a big fan of the way the new Q&A looks. You click on a license then have to individually click on questions to see the answers. This either means I open a new window with hella tabs for each question or hit the back button umpteen times. In addition to that, I might miss something I have interest in or miss something I had no interest in until reading an answer to a product inquiry (in the way it was previously listed). The old way was much better as it was easier just to skip over the questions I had no interest in. I understand using a method like this for archiving questions, but please, for new questions, go back to the old way. It wasn't broke and didn't need fixing. :(

Yeah, why do we need to click the question to see the answer? Reading is already hard enough and junk. :(

I am not a fan of so much clicking. It actually makes me not read the news for items I am only marginally interested in, whereas I would have gone ahead and skimmed them anyway in the old format.

So it's not just me that found it annoying then. Also took longer, having to access the site again each time, rather then just loading up a single page.

The searching/archive and grouping is nice, especially once it grows, but for the most recent Q&A, I too would like to be able to just load it all up on a single page.

I dont mind it, I think its pretty cool. If life has got the point for you where mouse clicking is causing you to lose your breath...then you should probably join a gym.

Chris

Change is good ;) It'll grow on you - and it'll be MUCH easier to link directly to our answers when arguments arise on the boards, rather than attempting to sift through tons of questions to find the one you want, then copying and pasting.

We've also noticed that there are many, many, MANY repeat questions. This format allows every question to be searched, so that it's much easier to find what you are interested in!

Say, for instance, you are only interested in questions about Thanos. Search 'Thanos' and voila, only the questions mentioning Thanos are brought up. And you can easily see if the question you were going to ask has already been answered (or if you want a more detailed answer, you can use that original answer as a jumping-off point).

Or, if you only want to read questions about Star Wars and don't want to wade through zillions of questions about Marvel, LOTR, G.I. Joe, etc, you can simply read all of the Star Wars questions, from newest to oldest.

There is really no way to accomplish this type of archiving without having each Q&A being on its own.

I agree that it would be nice to search by date, and have all from the most recent date show, or whatever date you search (choices only from the dates that are entered, of course). That is being worked on at the moment - we're still tweaking it :duff

P.S. Instead of hitting the 'back' button, you can hit the 'Ask Sideshow' main directory link (right under the big 'Ask Sideshow' title at the top). That takes you to the most recent questions... then you can simply make sure you cover all of them from the most recent date, if you are interested in ALL of them. Or if you only want to read Star Wars info, hit 'Star Wars' in the left menu, and the most recent will be on top. In this way, as time goes on, I think it will be MUCH easier for collectors (new and old) to stay on top of what's been answered. You can even simply browse each category/license every now and then to make sure you haven't missed anything!

Change is good ;) It'll grow on you - and it'll be MUCH easier to link directly to our answers when arguments arise on the boards, rather than attempting to sift through tons of questions to find the one you want, then copying and pasting.

We've also noticed that there are many, many, MANY repeat questions. This format allows every question to be searched, so that it's much easier to find what you are interested in!

Say, for instance, you are only interested in questions about Thanos. Search 'Thanos' and voila, only the questions mentioning Thanos are brought up. And you can easily see if the question you were going to ask has already been answered (or if you want a more detailed answer, you can use that original answer as a jumping-off point).

Or, if you only want to read questions about Star Wars and don't want to wade through zillions of questions about Marvel, LOTR, G.I. Joe, etc, you can simply read all of the Star Wars questions, from newest to oldest.

There is really no way to accomplish this type of archiving without having each Q&A being on its own.

I agree that it would be nice to search by date, and have all from the most recent date show, or whatever date you search (choices only from the dates that are entered, of course). That is being worked on at the moment - we're still tweaking it :duff

P.S. Instead of hitting the 'back' button, you can hit the 'Ask Sideshow' main directory link (right under the big 'Ask Sideshow' title at the top). That takes you to the most recent questions... then you can simply make sure you cover all of them from the most recent date, if you are interested in ALL of them. Or if you only want to read Star Wars info, hit 'Star Wars' in the left menu, and the most recent will be on top. In this way, as time goes on, I think it will be MUCH easier for collectors (new and old) to stay on top of what's been answered. You can even simply browse each category/license every now and then to make sure you haven't missed anything!

So do warts, polyps, etc. :p It just seems like more work for everybody, Sideshow included. Again, I see it as being an asset for archiving, but for new Q&As it's a hurdle. Plus, what's the point of putting the answers to the questions on a completely different page? If people are gonna take the time to read the questions, they'd just pass over the answer if uninterested.

I'm totally agreed that it's great for archiving, but couldn't there be a "latest answers" section as well? That way, the most rabbid of us can stay up to date on everything without requiring so much clicking?

So do warts, polyps, etc. :p It just seems like more work for everybody, Sideshow included. Again, I see it as being an asset for archiving, but for new Q&As it's a hurdle. Plus, what's the point of putting the answers to the questions on a completely different page? If people are gonna take the time to read the questions, they'd just pass over the answer if uninterested.

That's kind of the point :) Instead of making people wade through 15+ questions and answers just to get to the one or two that they are interested in, this way they can more easily find which they are actually interested in!

How about this - I can ask to see if it's possible to add 'previous' and 'next' links at the bottom of each Q&A, so that would cut down on one click for those who are interested in reading every single Q&A (you wouldn't have to return to the main Ask Sideshow archive page to get to the next-most-recent). All you'd have to do is start at the very first one that comes up and then hit 'previous' until you've covered all from the most recent date. Good compromise?

Hmmm, looks like it changed since I last looked at it. The most recent questions are loaded together on the front Q&A page. That's better than it was when it first went up and forced you to click on a license. (It was like that before, right? Or am I just insane...)

Good compromise?

Right now there are prev and next buttons when you click a question, but you're stuck in whatever license that question was about.

If I had my way, the answers would be shown under the question without clicking. If clicking must be required, then maybe have the answer show up as a div underneath the question. This would push the next question down in the list, revealing the answer. And to make it even more super-friendly and useful, the answer could include a permalink that would link to a page that just has that specific question and answer.

Did I explain that right?

Tell Chris we say: :whip

That's kind of the point :) Instead of making people wade through 15+ questions and answers just to get to the one or two that they are interested in, this way they can more easily find which they are actually interested in!

How about this - I can ask to see if it's possible to add 'previous' and 'next' links at the bottom of each Q&A, so that would cut down on one click for those who are interested in reading every single Q&A (you wouldn't have to return to the main Ask Sideshow archive page to get to the next-most-recent). All you'd have to do is start at the very first one that comes up and then hit 'previous' until you've covered all from the most recent date. Good compromise?

I like what SSC has done, but have you considered having the answer drop down when scrolled over? This would allow readers the opportunity to choose what they read without having to go to many pages, but at the same time keeping the click through design as well.

I'm fine with the change overall... but would prefer on the front page the answers were listed with the questions. It was annoying having to navigate for the newest questions and answers.

Back