Play Arts Kai * Frank Miller's Dark Knight Returns Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I kinda like it. It like an anime version of theGDbatman! I agree with someone else that it's probably the Miller skin from AC and then their version of it. Would be cool to get some of the other skins like Beyond. I like these figures just not for $60+. If they were $40 I'd buy them all.

Doesn't look a ____ing thing like Frank Millers Batman.
My thoughts exactly. The whole draw of Miller's Batman is that it itself is a stylized interpretation of Batman different than you see anywhere else. To do another, kind of wacky stylization of that already stylized look is strange to me, and completely unappealing.

You think that's bad? The head:body proportions of their The Dark Knight Rises Batman is the same as that of a Koopa from the 90's Super Mario Bros. movie. :lecture
:lol Must find this figure you speak of.

My thoughts exactly. The whole draw of Miller's Batman is that it itself is a stylized interpretation of Batman different than you see anywhere else. To do another, kind of wacky stylization of that already stylized look is strange to me, and completely unappealing.

:lol Must find this figure you speak of.

Couldn't have said it better.

Square got my $120 for the first two AC figures they released, but they're not getting another dime from me.

These things are grossly inflated, being $30-35 figures at best.

Looks more like Ashy Batman

donnelly-ashy-larry.jpg

Goodness people. This is Play Arts Kai style. These figures are to depict the characters in an absolutely stylized, anime way without having to think too much about proportions, accuracy, etc.

And by the way, it's based on the AC "Skin".. not an ACTUAL FM TDKR figure based on the book.

Arkham-City-Play-Arts-Kai-Batman-Dark-Knight-Returns-Skin-01_1342415250.jpg

Last edited:
I wish people would stop throwing around "anime" and "manga" so loosely. Play Arts Kai is not an anime styled version of anything. They just have their own wonky joints and style, of which tends to look awful and nothing like well anything else.

Back