Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: World War Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

:slap PP have it up @ over £100 more than I payed for the Maquette...
Sod that! I'm out! :nana:

Ordered mine last night, I was really hoping to get the Galactus which I thought was 1:2 (well obviously not HALF scale as Galactus is immense but you know what I mean) not 1:4 but when I checked the specs I was quite surprised Big G is only 3" bigger than Hulk.

So I dug around and ended up at £413 for Planet Hulk, Galactus would cost me £640 which is well out of budget, as much as I would enjoy Galactus I don't think light up features and a few changes out make it worth an extra £230!.

It'll be my 8th Hulk, I have six Bowen Hulks but it'll only be my 2nd SS Hulk, until the Hulk Maquette I just wasn't a fan of any SS Marvel sculpts.

Ordered mine last night, I was really hoping to get the Galactus which I thought was 1:2 (well obviously not HALF scale as Galactus is immense but you know what I mean) not 1:4 but when I checked the specs I was quite surprised Big G is only 3" bigger than Hulk.

So I dug around and ended up at £413 for Planet Hulk, Galactus would cost me £640 which is well out of budget, as much as I would enjoy Galactus I don't think light up features and a few changes out make it worth an extra £230!.

It'll be my 8th Hulk, I have six Bowen Hulks but it'll only be my 2nd SS Hulk, until the Hulk Maquette I just wasn't a fan of any SS Marvel sculpts.

Great price for the planet hulk dude! Was that at CollectiblesDirect? My best price is GBP417 with the shipping included so your price is the cheapest i've seen so far! :clap

Order Ratings in term of greatness for all Hulks by Sideshow.Anyone sayin otherwise is small in the pants.

Gore Gladiator Hulk PF > Bergholz Hulk PF > Gore Hulk/spidey Dio > Hulk comiquette > Hulk Movie Maquette > Planet Hulk Dio > Hulk life size Bust > Hulk LSB

I think the LSB is better than the Life Size Bust and the PH Dio better than the com.

Ok so, according to you what is it really worth? I'll pay that. :dunno

Well to me, it's worth what I paid originally. The sculpt and detail is far from sideshows best work.

Unfortunately for you, it's worth what people are willing to pay. That seems to range between 1.5 and 2k.. This price is demanded simply due to the hype those who own it spill into the forums to make themselves feel like leet collectors.

How did you get that price Pete? Reward points with CD I'm guessing?
Congrats anyway, now for the long wait.

MB have it up now for £470.

Great price for the planet hulk dude! Was that at CollectiblesDirect? My best price is GBP417 with the shipping included so your price is the cheapest i've seen so far! :clap

No I got MB to price match CD plus 10% of the difference so the 'default' price was £3 cheaper, then I used £14 points from Hulk Maquette and a £10 voucher that they sent out because Hulk was delayed. I've never used CD as with the price promise I've never had a reason to, that might change if they start stocking stuff like Galactus that MB isn't going to.

Seriously running out of space to display all these statues. Pf also getting bigger it seems. Love the facial expression on this PH.

I've never sold any of my stuff, it seems like a big risk and a hassle to deal with ebay buyers. I wonder how much the green hulk pf is being sold for these days?

I have sold lots of stuff (statues) on ebay and have never had a problem.... I also have sold statues here on the board which saves you ebay fees.

The comic hulk pf is not what everyone makes it out to be and no way worth what people trying claiming it to be.

It's one of those grails that became so simply because of how the collectors who own it talk it up so much all the sheep collectors believe them.

I think you may be oversimplifying it a bit... It's a grail I think because it was one of the biggest and heaviest statues SS ever released. It has one of the best paint apps of any Hulk statue out there... One of the only statues to use that color green..

I owned it and it was jaw dropping when I took it out of the box. If I was a Kirby fan it would be the best Hulk out there... I am not a fan of the Kirby style and I still think that it's one of SS crowning achievements...

The New Hulk (Maq or PF) VS the Original PF talk always seems to come up whe a new 1/4 release comes out doesnt it?The original PF is GREAT for what it is... Which is a Kirby Hulk with simple flowing lines, with less detail, and an emphasis on the main forms of the muscles and the face. The newer pieces have much more detail, and tend to show off the modern physique of the Hulk: taller, bigger tree trunk sized legs and arms, less apish and more man mountain.

While I agree with most of what Spidey says I disagree about the detail.. Until one see's this in person you cant fully appreciate the detail of this piece. Hulks feet alone are more detailed then a lot of pieces :)

Having said that, if you are talking about muscle definition then, yes, there are more ripped Hulks out there. But the attention to detail on the original PF is pretty amazing. The texture of his skin was very realistic and the best I have seen SS do so far.

Well to me, it's worth what I paid originally. The sculpt and detail is far from sideshows best work.

Unfortunately for you, it's worth what people are willing to pay. That seems to range between 1.5 and 2k.. This price is demanded simply due to the hype those who own it spill into the forums to make themselves feel like leet collectors.

Let me say that I can't believe I am defending this piece as much as I am.. I don't like the Kirby style and think that the Maquette, the New PF, and the Comiquette were all better pieces (my opinion of course) ad I never cared for the pose...

But it is sort of like owning issue number one of your favorite comic. Perhaps not the best art or story telling but it's the first and it's a classic.

I personally still feel that the body sculpt is one of SSC best. Do I think it's worth 1000.00 + Not for me... But if I was a huge Kirby fan and those stories and that look were my absolute favs... I would find a way to get it.

But since I am not ... I sold it long ago :gah: Wish I still had it to sell it now..

Nice photos.... Not my PF.

Picture445.jpg

Picture457.jpg

Picture459.jpg

I have sold lots of stuff (statues) on ebay and have never had a problem.... I also have sold statues here on the board which saves you ebay fees.

I think you may be oversimplifying it a bit... It's a grail I think because it was one of the biggest and heaviest statues SS ever released. It has one of the best paint apps of any Hulk statue out there... One of the only statues to use that color green..

I owned it and it was jaw dropping when I took it out of the box. If I was a Kirby fan it would be the best Hulk out there... I am not a fan of the Kirby style and I still think that it's one of SS crowning achievements...

While I agree with most of what Spidey says I disagree about the detail.. Until one see's this in person you cant fully appreciate the detail of this piece. Hulks feet alone are more detailed then a lot of pieces :)

Having said that, if you are talking about muscle definition then, yes, there are more ripped Hulks out there. But the attention to detail on the original PF is pretty amazing. The texture of his skin was very realistic and the best I have seen SS do so far.

Let me say that I can't believe I am defending this piece as much as I am.. I don't like the Kirby style and think that the Maquette, the New PF, and the Comiquette were all better pieces (my opinion of course) ad I never cared for the pose...

But it is sort of like owning issue number one of your favorite comic. Perhaps not the best art or story telling but it's the first and it's a classic.

I personally still feel that the body sculpt is one of SSC best. Do I think it's worth 1000.00 + Not for me... But if I was a huge Kirby fan and those stories and that look were my absolute favs... I would find a way to get it.

But since I am not ... I sold it long ago :gah: Wish I still had it to sell it now..

Nice photos.... Not my PF.

Picture445.jpg

Picture457.jpg

Picture459.jpg

The things I look for are things like muscle definition, facial musculature and expression. However, with that being said I have never seen the original PF in the flesh so to speak, but I would tend to still say that the more modern PF/Maq has more of what I look for in a statue.

Expected answer, :lol

Typical, people talk just to talk nobody stands behind their statements anymore.

But there's some truth to what you say the ones to blame here are the buyers really, they're the ones driving the prices up, as far as the seller is business as usual, how much do you think a can of coke cost to make? Take the number you thought and divide it by 5, if you got something that's worth $1 you're gonna try to sell it for $5 and if you're a really good businessman you'd sell it for 10, when I sold my hulk I had to otherwise I'd still have it, maybe that's why I haven't made efforts to reacquire it cause like you I believe it's worth what the company originally charged for it, proof of thst is if SS remade it they would charge more than the original price yes but it won't be 2K.

The things I look for are things like muscle definition, facial musculature and expression. However, with that being said I have never seen the original PF in the flesh so to speak, but I would tend to still say that the more modern PF/Maq has more of what I look for in a statue.

Everyone has their own tastes and that naturally will make folks prefer one statue over the other...and that is expected and a good thing. We are collectors not robots and our collection should represent us not what is popular or what everyone else deems as a grail.

Personally I don't think it's fair to compare different versions/interpretations of a statue unless you are absolutely ONLY looking to pick up one piece of a specific character or you're just ranking them in terms of what you think the final production value was of a piece.

When I see the original Hulk PF the immediate word that comes to mind is CLASSIC. SSC did a great job catching the Kirby style which as you mention Spidey isn't really about super defined musculature like the recent Plante Hulk PF but overall mass and size. I love this interpretation of Hulk because it brings me back to that era of comics which is basically like time traveling back to when I was a kid.

The new Planet Hulk PF on the other hand provides a more shredded VERY detailed definition of the Hulks frame which is also from a great comic book series.

Both are great on their own accord.

:peace

Back