Premium Format Planet Hulk / Gladiator Hulk Premium Format Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ah okay Bmutha I SEE the difference, BUT I am still saving money on the shipping and the currency exchange, but even if I am not paying the full brockerage fee I am not dealing with customs the same way ... It is a win in my book considering there is no EX for this piece.

But you have to pay full tax... I thi k you don't save a single penny. In fact you may be paying more.

I have to pay full tax if I ship it through SSC don't I. We only have the one tax in Ontario now the HST.

You only pay like 5% upon delivery... as opposed to roughly 15% at retail.

Now yes there is a currency conversion but that is only a recent event. Our dollar was at parity for a long time and is planned to be back at parity come 2014. Even then we are only talking 5%.

Keep in mind I bank 5% as sideshow reward points. This statue gives me $30 to apply to a statue in the future. You don't get that through retail.

Should my statue have issues I don't have to deal with a middle man. I go straight to ssc.

Now yes there is a currency conversion but that is only a recent event. Our dollar was at parity for a long time and is planned to be back at parity come 2014. Even then we are only talking 5%.

Keep in mind I bank 5% as sideshow reward points. This statue gives me 30% to apply to a statue in the future. You don't get that through retail.

Should my statue have issues I don't have to deal with a middle man. I go straight to ssc.

Snad, my last import for the Staes I payed the FULL 13% HST it was on my Cap PF.... How would I avoid that??? I am prepared to admit I could be off a bit...lol

Snad, my last import for the Staes I payed the FULL 13% HST it was on my Cap PF.... How would I avoid that??? I am prepared to admit I could be off a bit...lol

Ok well that is your crappy province... hahaha. I only pay 5% GST. In your case you might save a bit.

So through SSC:
600 + 45 shipping + $78 tax upon delivery.
5% (or $30) put towards sideshow rewards

Through retail:
As opposed to 600 + $78 tax

In the end, if you take into account the 5% reward points, you aren't necessarily saving that much. If there is an EX you want, it would be worth getting it.

---

For me it breaks down like this

So through SSC:
600 + 45 shipping + $30 tax upon delivery.

Through retail:

And keep in mind BBTS isn`t local for me. I would have to ship from them. My LCS charges a ridiculous mark-up. A $350 PF goes for $450. They have a Rhino there for $500. You have to pay tax on top of that.

Keep in mind I bank 5% as sideshow reward points. This statue gives me $30 to apply to a statue in the future. You don't get that through retail.

I presume that, like me, you're located in Quebec...

It's true that by ordering directly through Sideshow, we have to pay the 5% GST and sometimes the 9.975% QST. Out of about 12 statues ordered from Sideshow in the last 12 months, I didn't have to pay 9.975% QST to FedEx on the last 3 or 4 (but I had to pay it for the first 8-9). Why the recent change? I have no idea but I won't complain!

Like Spidey, I also sometimes buy from SuperPowerCollectibles and I never had to pay the 9.975% QST with them (only 5% GST) + they always charge in $CAD. But I guess that Spidey, being located in Ontario, must pay the full tax (from Sideshow AND SuperPower).

So:

- Currency conversion: Advantage SuperPowerCollectibles by about 8% (today's buying rate but, of course, it can change)

- Shipping/Handling: Roughly the same unless you can pick up the statue locally like Spidey

- Taxes: The same but, with Sideshow, there is a risk that FedEx could decide to collect the 9.975% this time. With SuperPower, I wouldn't even worry.

- Brokerage, Customs, etc: 0$ in both case if you have a Fedex account linked to your credit card.

- Rewards points: Advantage Sideshow by about 5% but it can't be applied to the current purchase.

- Warranty: Advantage Sideshow. In case of a problem, I guess that it would be easier to deal with Sideshow without a middle man.

- Getting the statue sooner: Advantage Sideshow.

For all these reasons, I decided to go with Sideshow for this specific statue (hoping that the $CAD won't dive and make me regret my decision). But, if I had the option to pickup the statue and save the Shipping/Handling, I think I would have gone with SuperPower.

Just my $0.02...

you guys may want to check out toy trove as well. He charges about 15% less than msrp (taxes and shipping extra).

Ok well that is your crappy province... hahaha. I only pay 5% GST. In your case you might save a bit.

So through SSC:
600 + 45 shipping + $78 tax upon delivery.

Through retail:

In the end, if you take into account the 5% reward points, you aren't necessarily saving that much. If there is an EX you want, it would be worth getting it.

---

For me it breaks down like this

So through SSC:
600 + 45 shipping + $30 tax upon delivery.

Through retail:

And keep in mind BBTS isn`t local for me. I would have to ship from them. My LCS charges a ridiculous mark-up. A $350 PF goes for $450. They have a Rhino there for $500. You have to pay tax on top of that.

Wait a minute you have been saying I am FULL OF **** and you never thought about the fact that there is an 8% difference in our SALES TAXES!!!:slap. Your WHOLE argument is based on YOUR assumptions that my province works the same as yours...it obviously didn't or there wouldn't be so many transfer payments heading to all of the OTHER PROVINCES....lol. Finally I am NOT ordering from BBTS, and I DIDN'T SUGGEST YOU HAD TO.... I am going LOCAL to Toronto, and literally I am going to their warehouse to pick this up.... If it wasn't local I would be saving so much.... And if there was an EX I HAD TO HAVE... I would be going through SSC. SO in the end I am saving cash.. Your arguments are base on your Province, not mine, and we are BOTH getting this AMAZING piece... I thnk that abut covers it.

I presume that, like me, you're located in Quebec...

It's true that by ordering directly through Sideshow, we have to pay the 5% GST and sometimes the 9.975% QST. Out of about 12 statues ordered from Sideshow in the last 12 months, I didn't have to pay 9.975% QST to FedEx on the last 3 or 4 (but I had to pay it for the first 8-9). Why the recent change? I have no idea but I won't complain!

Like Spidey, I also sometimes buy from SuperPowerCollectibles and I never had to pay the 9.975% QST with them (only 5% GST) + they always charge in $CAD. But I guess that Spidey, being located in Ontario, must pay the full tax (from Sideshow AND SuperPower).

So:

- Currency conversion: Advantage SuperPowerCollectibles by about 8% (today's buying rate but, of course, it can change)

- Shipping/Handling: Roughly the same unless you can pick up the statue locally like Spidey

- Taxes: The same but, with Sideshow, there is a risk that FedEx could decide to collect the 9.975% this time. With SuperPower, I wouldn't even worry.

- Brokerage, Customs, etc: 0$ in both case if you have a Fedex account linked to your credit card.

- Rewards points: Advantage Sideshow by about 5% but it can't be applied to the current purchase.

- Warranty: Advantage Sideshow. In case of a problem, I guess that it would be easier to deal with Sideshow without a middle man.

- Getting the statue sooner: Advantage Sideshow.

For all these reasons, I decided to go with Sideshow for this specific statue (hoping that the $CAD won't dive and make me regret my decision). But, if I had the option to pickup the statue and save the Shipping/Handling, I think I would have gone with SuperPower.

Just my $0.02...

All food points, but the last time I heard but you only save $10 on the brockerage fees here in Ontario if you have a FedEx account, but I could be wrong

There are no brokerage fees. Just tax and a handling fee. The handling fee is waived when you have a FedEx account. So essentially when I order from Sideshow I'm paying $25 to ship and taxes.

There are no brokerage fees. Just tax and a handling fee. The handling fee is waived when you have a FedEx account. So essentially when I order from Sideshow I'm paying $25 to ship and taxes.

In Alberta... Not sure about Ontario... Will ask a few guys.

Wait a minute you have been saying I am FULL OF **** and you never thought about the fact that there is an 8% difference in our SALES TAXES!!!:slap. Your WHOLE argument is based on YOUR assumptions that my province works the same as yours...it obviously didn't or there wouldn't be so many transfer payments heading to all of the OTHER PROVINCES....lol. Finally I am NOT ordering from BBTS, and I DIDN'T SUGGEST YOU HAD TO.... I am going LOCAL to Toronto, and literally I am going to their warehouse to pick this up.... If it wasn't local I would be saving so much.... And if there was an EX I HAD TO HAVE... I would be going through SSC. SO in the end I am saving cash.. Your arguments are base on your Province, not mine, and we are BOTH getting this AMAZING piece... I thnk that abut covers it.

Not sure if you are being rude... furthermore, you were saying you were saving over $100 or more which is flat out wrong. Taking into consideration the ssc reward points, you aren't saving much on this statue and the difference is smaller on regular pfs. For me I save with ssc and that isn't even considering reward points.

Not sure if you are being rude... furthermore, you were saying you were saving over $100 or more which is flat out wrong. Taking into consideration the ssc reward points, you aren't saving much on this statue and the difference is smaller on regular pfs.

Lol ... I forgot the wonky faces... So no I wasn't trying to be rude, but depending in the brockerage fee question (and I am looking into that) I am saving at least $50-$60, and if the brockerage fees are more then in your province it will be closer to $100.

How about this ... In one year we check back in with each other, and you may have to say you were wrong... Or I might... No Biggy really. Kind of time to drop it and let this thread be ABOUT THIS AMAZING STATUE.

Lol ... I forgot the wonky faces... So no I wasn't trying to be rude, but depending in the brockerage fee question (and I am looking into that) I am saving at least $50-$60, and if the brockerage fees are more then in your province it will be closer to $100.

How about this ... In one year we check back in with each other, and you may have to say you were wrong... Or I might... No Biggy really. Kind of time to drop it and let this thread be ABOUT THIS AMAZING STATUE.

99.9% sure brokerage is not dependant on province. Furthermore the fedex int economy packages include brokerage. There is no hidden brokerage fee.

Back