PJ's word on the HOBBIT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Entropy Chicken said:
I can't think of any actor who can fill Ian Holm's shoes and looks likes a younger version of him. I say use all the fx trickery you've got and keep Ian. I'd much rather keep continuity and have an amazing actor like Mr. Holm rather than some guy who stepped off the set of The OC. Regardless, if PJ directs, I'll trust whatever he decides.

I agree. Ian Holm should be offered the part. They made him look young enough in the finding of the Ring part of FOTR. I'm sure they already have plenty of footage of the Gollum's cave scene already shot. Also if Lucas can make Christopher Lee a lightsaber wielding Count Dooku then I'm sure PJ can figure out how to make Ian a younger Bilbo. Also keep in mind that although Bilbo was younger in the Hobbit, he wasn't exactly young.

Any other news of the cast for all the other characters?? How many characters (important ones) are there anyway....

There is Gandalf, Biblo of course, the 7 dwarfs - Balin, Bard, Bofur, Bomfur, Dori, Dwalin and Bilfur(?)., Elrond, Gollum (Andy Serkins again??), Thorin Oakenshield, and also the 3 Trolls... (I believe they are called Tom, William and Bert) that are turned into stones... that are made famous in the SSW stone trolls environment. And some other goblins names which I am not familar... should I make any mistakes.. please pardon me for my Tolkien lore

gtb . . . this is not a Snow White movie. There are more than 7 dwarves. :lol :rotfl C'mon you can make it to tell all the other missing ones. So far you have the following correct:
Balin
Dwalin
Bifur
Bofur
Bombur
Dori

You missed Oin, Gloin (Gimli's dad), Ori, Nori, Fili, Kili.

Bard is a human.

PJ already mentioned he'd like to see the following people in his version:
Arwen
Legolas
Gandalf
Bilbo
Elrond
Saruman
Gollum

:lol :lol :lol :lol
Radagaster said:
gtb . . . this is not a Snow White movie. There are more than 7 dwarves. :lol :rotfl C'mon you can make it to tell all the other missing ones. So far you have the following correct:
Balin
Dwalin
Bifur
Bofur
Bombur
Dori

You missed Oin, Gloin (Gimli's dad), Ori, Nori, Fili, Kili.

Bard is a human.

PJ already mentioned he'd like to see the following people in his version:
Arwen
Legolas
Gandalf
Bilbo
Elrond
Saruman
Gollum

Never thought it will become a joke... Gandalf and the Seven Dwarfs...:lol :lol :lol

But if it isn't PJ does that mean also that Weta won't be involved? Alan Lee, John Howe? Ian McKellen? Would a new director use all these people or have his own ideas? For me it needs to feel like it fits into the LOTR films, so I say PJ or no-one aswell!

December 2009:
The Hobbit: The White Council

December 2010:
The Hobbit: There and Back Again

I have to agree with you there FrodoEyes...

If PJ dont do it they might as well don't do it at all!

Back