Pinhead Project - Update 6/26 - Fingers crossed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead Project - Update 10/23 Pg.24 - Update

Looks good!!

Hi All,

Popping in for a quick update. I will be testing the dress and the piece on the back that goes to the back of Pinheads head tonight. Also, I'm waiting on an order of silicone to arrive so I can mold the torture tools. If all goes well with the dress tonight I will start casting up outfits this weekend to get them ready. Each outfit requires a LOT of hands on attention to make.The top body takes roughly 24 hours to demold. Just to give a little context on how long each outfit will take. We are in the home stretch now :)
I can't wait. I'm really excited about this!

i have been waiting to see to see this come to an end....really can't wait to have this on my shelf!!...:)

Hi guys,

Quick update on the outfit. I tried to make a new mold for the dress to make things go faster. However.....the mold box decided not to hold up to the weight/pressure of all the mold and busted open spilling everywhere.Thank god I had it sitting in a container b/c that would have been a nightmare to try cleaning lol. Also, it may be worth adding this was just an attempt to speed up the dress making process. It does not set back the progress of the outfit.

So where is the progress at? Finishing the dress test piece tonight and attaching the velcro at the top to make sure everything fits. when this is done I will be putting the whole outfit together and cleaning it off for pics (it's quite dusty right now).

The outfit will come in 4 separate pieces. The top, the gloves, the dress and the piece that runs up the middle of the back to the back of his head....hence forth known as the "back/head piece" so I don't have to keep typing all of that lol. Everything is going good. My goal is to start upgrade my freaks account by the end of the week and start a sale thread to get the list going.

Stay tuned :)

Re: Pinhead Project - Update 11/3 Pg.25 - Update

so you think we will see this before X-mas?...just asking to get my pockets ready....it might be tight...but do let me know...thanks

so you think we will see this before X-mas?...just asking to get my pockets ready....it might be tight...but do let me know...thanks

My goal is to start making this available within the next 3 weeks, of course there is always the unknown. But yea, before xmas. I got a good amount of work done last night but I still have some work to do to get the dress finalized and the mold for the tools but those are the last two things left.

Great news to hear!!! Can't wait!

My goal is to start making this available within the next 3 weeks, of course there is always the unknown. But yea, before xmas. I got a good amount of work done last night but I still have some work to do to get the dress finalized and the mold for the tools but those are the last two things left.

:hi5:
Excited to see pics.

Hi all,

So the Silicone came in yesterday and I making some last minute tweaks to the torture tools before molding them. I should be able to get them in the mold tonight or tomorrow. I will also be demolding the bottom dress tonight as well as the back/neck piece. I also did some seam patching on my test piece and things are looking good for that too. So far everything is on track to get the Pinhead put together this weekend.

Now may be a good time for a question.

1. Would you guys prefer the torture tools to have a small "hook" on the back end of the handle to put on the string around pinheads waste? Making them removable. OR, the hole through the end of the handle (like most of the smaller 7" figures) making them more permanently attached to the string and outfit?

Hi all,

So the Silicone came in yesterday and I making some last minute tweaks to the torture tools before molding them. I should be able to get them in the mold tonight or tomorrow. I will also be demolding the bottom dress tonight as well as the back/neck piece. I also did some seam patching on my test piece and things are looking good for that too. So far everything is on track to get the Pinhead put together this weekend.

Now may be a good time for a question.

1. Would you guys prefer the torture tools to have a small "hook" on the back end of the handle to put on the string around pinheads waste? Making them removable. OR, the hole through the end of the handle (like most of the smaller 7" figures) making them more permanently attached to the string and outfit?
I know having a hook could make it annoying with the tools being able to fall off but in my opinion I would prefer the option of having them removable for more pose ability options. Some might want to pose him holding one of those tools.

Re: Pinhead Project - Update 11/7 Pg.25 - Update and a Question

I'm with joebizz on this one about the torture tools having a small hook. Just so we could have options on how to pose him.

Re: Pinhead Project - Update 11/7 Pg.25 - Update and a Question

i would love the hook option for mine ;) gives it that little more touch of realizam :wink1:

Re: Pinhead Project - Update 11/10 Pg.26 - Metal tools or Plastic tools???

I definitely agree with you guys about the hook.

OK, one more question.

Metal tools with wood handles or Plastic cast tools that can be painted to look like metal/wood.

What do you guys prefer?

I would say metal tools with wood handles.

Of course I would say real metal with wood but ultimately that is your decision.

I would prefer real metal with wood also Mark, but at the end of the day I'm sure whatever you decide is still going to be great! :dance

I'm with everyone else; hooks and real metal w/wood handle if possible, but I'll be happy with whatever you go with :)

real metal and wood....also..yes to the hook....how much do you think this will push the project back?

Back