Pinhead Project - Update 6/26 - Fingers crossed

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 3/14 Pg.20 - Light at the end of the tunnel

Me too lol. I was getting a little frustrated this past weekend when I was setting up the mold box. I literally had the box ready to be poured when I did a final look over and noticed the latex at the top pulling away and the wax at the bottom cracking. So I did some searching and watched some videos and according to all of them the thickened pros aide "should" do the trick. I don't even need it to stick long. I just need it to hold together when I take off the clay barrier of the mold box and not peel away with it when it comes time to do the second side.

Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 3/14 Pg.20 - Light at the end of the tunnel

Must be a pain in the a**!! Glad you aren't giving up, though!! I bet when its all finished, your figure will look so amazing and I will be one of the lucky ones to own it! :)

Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 6/21 Pg.21 - Patching the final mold

Quick update.

The ultra cal mold turned out great. There are some pin sized air bubble holes. Tonight is all about patching the holes.

ucmold3.jpg

Almost there.

Nice To See that its still moving Forward Mark ;) so happy you carried on and never thrown in the towel !!!

That is great news!! Kudos to you for not ever giving up!! :clap

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

I'm glad you stuck with this as well. Looking forward to seeing a pull!

Thanks all, I appreciate the kind words :)

Patching is going good but slow due to the size of some of the air bubbles (most look like someone poked it with the tip of a needle). I'm patching it with aves apoxie sculpt and just about done with the front half. The back half doesn't look to have as many bubbles as the front so it shouldn't take to much longer to finish patching.

Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 6/21 Pg.27 - Hernia surgery recovery

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had to have surgery yesterday to repair a small upper abdominal hernia. The surgery went well and I am home and recovering. I'll be out of commission for a few days as moving around sucks right now. Hope to get back to finishing patching the mold sometime this up coming week.

I have to go in for the same thing.
Ive been putting it off for a year

Hi all,

Just wanted to let everyone know that I had to have surgery yesterday to repair a small upper abdominal hernia. The surgery went well and I am home and recovering. I'll be out of commission for a few days as moving around sucks right now. Hope to get back to finishing patching the mold sometime this up coming week.
Aww crap that sucks! Wishing you a smooth recovery and get better soon! Dont worry about the Pinhead outfit. It can wait and we can wait. You focus on yourself to recover and we will catch up later. :)

I have to go in for the same thing.
Ive been putting it off for a year

I wouldn't put it off any longer. My dr said if any of the intestine pops through (esp for a small hernia) it can lead to a major issue internally. The worse part for me was the IV since I have a fear of needles(go figure lol). They ended up waiting until I was in the OR and let the anesthesiologist put in the IV instead of the nurse. He did a great job. They were asking me random questions and by the 3rd answer I was out and woke up in the recovery room. They sent me home after about 2 hrs in recovery.

Aww crap that sucks! Wishing you a smooth recovery and get better soon! Dont worry about the Pinhead outfit. It can wait and we can wait. You focus on yourself to recover and we will catch up later. :)

Thanks a lot for the kind words. It means a lot :)

Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 7/28 Pg.27 - Pouring the cast

Hi all,

The first pour was done tonight. I had planned to do it yesterday but was unable. So hopefully things work out with the casting. I haven't opened the mold yet as it still needs some more time to ensure it is fully cured. Here is a pic just before the pour of those interested.

casting3.jpg

Fingers crossed!

Re: Pinhead Project - UPDATE 8/28 Pg.27 - Pouring the cast

*fingers crossed!* :)

Will do! It "should" be ready to come out of the mold tonight. It's been sitting all night and all day today. I've sacrificed countless amounts of wax, clay, silicone, rubber, blood, sweat, tears, tears, more tears, and lots of dollars. Hopefully all of this was accepted by the gods of molding and casting. :pray:

The Gods were pleased! :yess: Casting went GREAT! :blissy There is very little clean up that needs to be done. On to the PICS!!

*NOTE* The white you see is baby power and will be cleaned off at a later time.

outfit200.jpg

outfit201.jpg

outfit202.jpg

outfit203.jpg

outfit204.jpg

I haven't finished all of the seaming on the cast yet and the baby powder still needs to be cleaned off. I was just excited to get some pics posted.

Re: Pinhead Project - BIG UPDATE 8/28 Pg.22 - SUCCESSFUL CAST! With PICS!!

That is awesome!! Such a great news!! :D

Re: Pinhead Project - BIG UPDATE 8/28 Pg.22 - SUCCESSFUL CAST! With PICS!!

HAAAAA!!!...can't believe that it worked!!!!....now....when do we get it into our collection!!??!?!

Back