Pick One! T1 / T2 / Robocop 1 / Predator

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick Only One!

• Total voters
The whole basis was the Predators coming of age, testing/proving themselves and the thrill of the hunt.
IMO it fits perfectly with the first two movies, lets you know their history and their hunting pedigree.

I didn't mind the story. that part was okay, I just hate that the movie is so lame. Not that it was PG 13 and Im not saying it needed to be a blood bath or anything but the way they would cut out before anyone got killed. Like a crappy slasher PG 13 movie where the killer is never shown killing.

Another thing I hated about the movie is how dull and grey everything looks. It makes it too obvious that they are in a sound stage. The movie is not pleasing to look at.

All the Alien movies (even alien 4) and the predator movies have a great look to them and a distinctive look, You know what movie you are watching by the way they look.
AVP in that sense feels kind of lazy.
the movie might as well be in Black and white.

The whole basis was the Predators coming of age, testing/proving themselves and the thrill of the hunt.
IMO it fits perfectly with the first two movies, lets you know their history and their hunting pedigree.
In the film they came off more as warriors than hunters IMO.

It's like they took the sense of respect the elder had for Danny Glover's character and made it some full-blown samurai warrior code of honor.

It's been a very long time since I've seen AvP, Predator and Predator 2 though, and I've forgotten a lot of the problems I had with AvP. Need to rewatch them.

Another thing I hated about the movie is how dull and grey everything looks. It makes it too obvious that they are in a sound stage. The movie is not pleasing to look at.

All the Alien movies (even alien 4) and the predator movies have a great look to them and a distinctive look, You know what movie you are watching by the way they look.
AVP in that sense feels kind of lazy.
the movie might as well be in Black and white.
Completely disagree. Other than the very well-choreographed action, I think the visuals of AvP are one of the best things about the film. The whole film had a very crisp, dark shine to it and was very appealing to me. I thought the sets looked fantastic, and the frozen, glistening dust particles all over the pyramid/whaling station really brought them to life and gave off the sense that these structures had been there a very, very long time.

still looks like a set instead of a real place.

Look at Prometheus, they also had no color and it looks dull but it Looks like Real place somewhere in space. the ship inside is all black and grey yet it feels more real and was better done than the AVP sets.

I mean, that's exactly what I mean, Prometheus could have been the same way and look as fake as AVP but they never do look fake.

Alien, Aliens, they all have that same kind of colorless look but they all look more realistic. AVP always feels so fake to me,

Now that I think about it, AVP sometimes looked like the Queue line for a theme park ride. that same feeling of ""it looks nice but it's fake as hell.""

Like the queue line for Indiana Jones ride or something, where you Know you are in a stage-like place,avp to me felt fake like that

MrTjuOj.jpg

LXJgS0x.jpg

well it is, that's my point, it does look good, but for me it always feels like if they made the movie inside a universal ride or something.

I really wish AVPR was brighter :( I remember seeing it in theaters and really liking it, I even saw it twice because of how much I like it.

Maybe it was because avp had left a bad taste in my mouth and i was excited for the new movie but you cant even watch it now. it is almost impossible

I bought AvPR recently, to give it another go, and totally lost interest and played with my phone instead.
Such a shame they turned the lights off.

I think they were ashamed or afraid of the backlash or something because I remember the movie being brighter in the theater.

I really don't understand why FOX would make it so black for the dvd. they ended up pissing off the few people that really liked it. wtf is wrong with these people

Back