Pic of GG stuff from TF (unseen stuff)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Of the "top secret" items at TF from Gentle Giant, the Vader statue is the one I plan to own, the first Vader statue, something about the pose and execution of his clothing didn't do much for me, but a great sculpted Vader in that classic moment, that'll be a fantastic looking piece.

Thanks for the pic, Karma!

Hopefully one with the kneeling Vader, R2 bust and realistically-sculpted Han will surface soon. :)

Depending on the price and timing of the Vader I might get him. Just depends on several factors for me.

Kind of makes you wonder why people buy a $50 chess table now doesnt it? :lol

IrishJedi said:
Oh, so I see that the plague that is Super Deformed crap has now also infected the statues segment of collecting. Terrific. :rolleyes:

If it's a plauge, I don't want a cure. They're fun! Movie accurate stuff is great too, but there's a kitsch to the VCD stuff. It totally appeals to me, guess cause' I'm still 5 inside somewhere. But to each their own.

Darth Loki said:
I'm sure they are fine for suckers who buy anything related to SW :D

HEY, I don't buy ANYTHING Star Wars related! Only totally unique and fun anythings Star Wars related. :D

CRAP = COOL man, didn't you know?

PosterBoyKelly said:
there's a kitsch to the VCD stuff. It totally appeals to me, guess cause' I'm still 5 inside somewhere.

Hey, I'm 5 inside too. Check this out:

169868485_l.jpg

That's me. Age 5. Summer of 1977.

I'm OG™ (Original Geek) all the way.

Note, however, that I do prefer my Luke Skywalker figures look like Mark Hamill instead of Rocky Dennis. :lol Still don't get this Super Deformed fad.

I agree, lets see pics of the R2!!!

Also, those deformed statues of Biker Scout and TIE Pilot could be bobble heads. Not like that would make me say anything good about those ridiculous statues.

I have to agree that a lot of SW fans will buy anything. :eek:

PosterBoyKelly said:
If it's a plauge, I don't want a cure. They're fun! Movie accurate stuff is great too, but there's a kitsch to the VCD stuff. It totally appeals to me, guess cause' I'm still 5 inside somewhere. But to each their own.

That's why I like the VCD stuff as well. It's all about being a kid again. :)

I loved Star Wars as a kid and then read and loved Lord of the Rings as a teenager, so the prequels and the LOTR movies hitting me in my adult years have been a lot of fun--and it's been even more fun having so much stuff to buy and display around my home and office. I'm certain that all this stuff keeps you young at heart.

I like being an adult more. I can actually afford ( most of the time ) the stuff I want instead of having the beg my parents for 1/3 of what I wanted.

KitFisto said:
I like being an adult more. I can actually afford ( most of the time ) the stuff I want instead of having the beg my parents for 1/3 of what I wanted.

True true! Well I say they're fun, I know WHY they cost so much (VCD's, yes vinyl is actuaslly expensive, let alone multiple layers for dif. textures) and that's whaty makes all of our collections fun. Not 1 is the same. I like a mix of PF's, 12", 3 3/4" and odd balls (vcd's/BK toys/Galactic Heros.) Good mix.

Back