photography lighting...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
*planning a stop at Costco tonight*

As soon as I can, I will show you guys what I ended up creating with the photography of my Ryu figure. I am just awaiting permission (you'll understand as soon as you see it).

Got the approval to show this!

tut_preview1.jpg

tut_preview2.jpg

Later this month, on the 15th, a tutorial that I have written for PSDtuts+ will be available to Tuts+ members. This tutorial details the creation process of the artwork of the package for this fictional figure. This is actually a 2-part tutorial (Part 1 - Package artwork & Part 2 - Promotional Render).

For those who may not know, I work as a graphic designer at my 9-5 job. For years, I worked at the world's largest branding firm doing package design for all kinds of products. I have been writing tutorials for the PSDtuts website for a few years now. I really enjoy it! It is fun helping others learn how to use Photoshop.

And, and look at the front image of the sleeve? Look familiar? Yep, backlit by $5 LED lights!

Well done, it looks great!!

Gonna get a similar setup as that soon; good to know that it doesn't cost a bomb to do good-looking studio style product photography! :)

Looks great!
Did you ever find the lights?
Doesn't look like it but it looks super!

I may have to ask you about that box design. Very nice work :)

any chance you could post a pic of your light setup too? i'm just curious how yours is setup too :)

Your going to laugh!
Last night I took some pics of HT Cap

IMG_8219copy.jpg

And Madame Hydra

DSC04205.jpg

I wasn't too concerned with lighting but they turned out good
The lights really help out
I'll take a picture of the light, I want to get one more

Your going to laugh!
Last night I took some pics of HT Cap

IMG_8219copy.jpg

I wasn't too concerned with lighting but they turned out good
The lights really help out
I'll take a picture of the light, I want to get one more

That lighting looks great! You can always flood the background sweet with light to make the figures on a pure white background, if that is the look you were going for.

That lighting looks great! You can always flood the background sweet with light to make the figures on a pure white background, if that is the look you were going for.

Sometimes I like it the way it is but yes I need another light to flood it

Here is a very basic quick set up and this is what I got from Costco, it was on sale. Works great and also acts to lighten your mood :)

8491560c.jpg

I sometimes use natural light instead of the LED in yellow

bada3f27.jpg

I wonder if you cold use color lights to flood it! I have used LED before and it does look real good! I will try to find photos for you

Sometimes I like it the way it is but yes I need another light to flood it

Here is a very basic quick set up and this is what I got from Costco, it was on sale. Works great and also acts to lighten your mood :)

I sometimes use natural light instead of the LED in yellow

Thanks for the pics. You both have my interest peaked now. Will definitely be experimenting with the lights twik recommended since I already bought them. The lighting on your pics look great too averone, I may try picking that up as well.

Back