PHICEN 1/6 M34 Super-Flexible Male Seamless Body

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just wondering for those of you who did; what'd you use to paint this bodies? I asked in custom how to forums for rubber bodies and pastels were the answer. Just wondering if that's work here as well. Have two of thes e but don't want to ruin them. I've seen silicone paints, but before I go and buy was hoping I could use what I already have. Thanks.

I used pastels on my slave Leia body. They work just fine. I ground them into a powder and brushed them on. Then I just rubbed them in.

:)
You know that's not the way the figure is posed when standing. Feets are placed farther away from each other. The figure wouldn't easily stand the way you have posed it. I already pointed out a picture of the Phicen line-up, all standing, and commented on it.

Any pic of the turned neck...? Please....? :)

Regards,
m.

I think you need to stay away from the Phicen bodies. Clearly you think these are intricately detailed statues.

thighs rubbing
View attachment 339281

thighs not rubbing
View attachment 339282

BTW neck can be turned without damaging the skin as with most other parts of the body.

I contend that the Phicen bodies might be too small for most of 1/6 heads. I haven't performed a thorough research, though. I am just asking around.
Yours is another valid example of my claim, with 2 more heads that look way too big on these bodies, confirming my guess.

Regarding the body's limitations: I reckon Phicen has still a long way to go, improving on all these aspects. I am not in a rush, so I will wait. Problem would be there if they decided to stop where they are. They have been pretty active thus far, so I feel optimistic. I hope they won't go the way of Hot Toys: a company that wrote chapters of 1/6 History because of their capability for innovation and excellence, but that seems to have lost momentum. They are still using conventional bodies for recent figures with nude limbs, such as Harley Quinn. They have used rubber in the past (Thor), they have encountered the problems always linked to rubber (rubber rot), but there doesn't seem to be any intent on their side to innovate on this respect (new materials, new designs, etc).
I hope Phicen won't do the same.

Regards,
m.

Thanks for your comments asgardianboy. I think the Hot Toys Commando head I used is too big for the Phicen M34 body. As for the weird flat upper arms that become noticeable when you extend them away from the body, that's just the nature of the figure. The body looks best in it's sculpted position, with the arms down. It's really just an anatomically-correct Gumby when you get down to it.

The only heads that look too big on Phicen bodies are the heads that are too big period......MMS238 for example.

That's what I thought... until I realized no head on no picture (except for Phicen's marketing material) seemed to fit. I haven't performed

m.

The only heads that look too big on Phicen bodies are the heads that are too big period......MMS238 for example.

This headsculpt that I've used for my custom Conan figure seems appropriately scaled to the body to me:

FullSizeRender.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_7626.jpg
    IMG_7626.jpg
    9.3 KB · Views: 288
It should be. The original Terminator version of that head is the one they fit the body to and is the one in the promotional shots. This body is insanely good, so much better than anything else out there, and people still pick it apart.

I'm tired of repeating Phicen are the most perfect bodies out there.
I'm just trying to find out where its limits are. I do believe Phicen still has a long way to go improving their line.
You sure they used that particular head for developement...?
m.
It should be. The original Terminator version of that head is the one they fit the body to and is the one in the promotional shots. This body is insanely good, so much better than anything else out there, and people still pick it apart.

Do Hot Toys hands fit on this with no problem? Only asking because I haven't been able to find pics of the wrist connectors, and mine is dragging ass on the way from China.

No problem. Another great thing about the Phicen bodies is that the wrist peg is part of the skeleton so you never have to worry about losing them or breaking them. I wish my Hot Toys Dutch and Hellboy figures were blessed with these skeletons.

The Michael Crawford reviews complain that the wrist pegs ARE NOT part of the skeleton, but they are disconnected from it, simply inserted into the wrists, and might detach if hands are switched too often or too hard.

But this might be different in more recent units(?). What do you think, piccolodaimaoh?

Regards,
m.

No problem. Another great thing about the Phicen bodies is that the wrist peg is part of the skeleton so you never have to worry about losing them or breaking them. I wish my Hot Toys Dutch and Hellboy figures were blessed with these skeletons.

Yes, this is the worst figure that has ever been produced. After forcefully removing and installing the hands five million times, the pegs will most undoubtedly fail. Along with all of the other faults you have chronicled, nobody should buy this extremely horrible figure. Honestly!

The pegs have to be able to swivel for additional articulation. They are a ball and socket joint. Pulling too hard on the peg may rip it out of its socket. It happened on one of my female figures. I put it back in. No big deal.
175438f99z2rpg32p2mrm9.jpg

May I ask....why are you forcefully installing and removing them so much?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this is the worst figure that has ever been produced. After forcefully removing and installing the hands five million times, the pegs will most undoubtedly fail. Along with all of the other faults you have chronicled, nobody should buy this extremely horrible figure. Honestly!

The pegs have to be able to swivel for additional articulation. They are a ball and socket joint. Pulling too hard on the peg may rip it out of its socket. It happened on one of my female figures. I put it back in. No big deal.
View attachment 342969
Lol, well said

The Michael Crawford reviews complain that the wrist pegs ARE NOT part of the skeleton, but they are disconnected from it, simply inserted into the wrists, and might detach if hands are switched too often or too hard.

But this might be different in more recent units(?). What do you think, piccolodaimaoh?

Regards,
m.

View attachment 342969

Well, not to contradict what Mike found because his reviews are top notch but I have never experienced the pegs coming out but that doesn't mean it hasn't happened. I mean yes, it is a separate piece just like the arm is a separate piece from the body and the thigh is a separate piece from the hip. Being metal I have found it stands up better than the plastic pegs in most other figures but I have found I need to heat he hands up less with these than the standard body. I stand by my belief that I wish the earlier attempts Hot Toys made with Dutch, Billy, Hellboy and Krauser had these skeletons.

After a month the body finally arrived in the mail today. There's alot of powder or some similar substance on it, I hope I can get it off the arms.

The rubber is quite a bit softer than I was expecting too.

Back