Phase 1 (gaming / movie / Sideshow) 99% Complete

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oaktown2000

Super Freak
Reaction score
First....HUGE thanks to boardmember meatgoat. Eric drove up to my house several days and lent his tools and expertise towards this project. I can honestly say I would have never been able to get it to look as nice as it turned out without his help. I'm as handy as a left shoe...and would have "ghetto'd" my way through the project. Instead, it turned out like a professional build out. Again...thank you so much!

Phase 1 of my room (movie, gaming, sideshow) is about 99% complete. Just need to make custom, matching bases for all the 1/4 Scale statues and figs. Phase 2 (Bowen Phase) won't get started for at least a month or so.

Removing exisiting closet

project89.jpg

Replacing drywall

project90.jpg

Framing out the build-in

project91.jpg

Securing shelves and the outer shell

project93.jpg

Replacing carpet, adding texture to the wall, repainting entire room, adding molding

project94.jpg

Replacing faceplates, running all wires (ethernet, power, cable, speaker wires), adding baseboards

project95.jpg

Connecting equipment, touch-up paint

project96.jpg

Final Results

Samsung 42" 1080P LCD
Xbox 360 Elite
PS3 80g Fatboy
Comcast Cable HD DVR Receiver
Onkyo 607 7.2 Surround Sound Receiver
6 - Polk Monitor 60 Tower Speakers
2 - Polk PSW10 Subwoofers
1 - Polk CS2 Center Channel Speaker

project97.jpg

project98.jpg

project99.jpg

Very cool idea. I can't wait to see more.

On the sides of the room I'm going to build two more custom shelves that will house a gigantic diorama base on each side of the room. One side will be Bowen "good guys"...and the other will be Bowen "bad guys".

Hey Oak' that looks great man, very good job your a master craftsman it looks like. Very cool statue setup also, looking very good much love to you on this one' peace..

Damn impressive... you did an incredible job customizing your room!

Do you have any additional shots of the Maximus; haven't seen too many completed kits.

Damn impressive... you did an incredible job customizing your room!

Do you have any additional shots of the Maximus; haven't seen too many completed kits.

The only other pic I have available to host...is the gallery pic taken from the painter who assembled and painted it

DSC01120.JPG

Back