PF Zerker thoughts.......should you buy it?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

C1eaN

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Well I was undecided as to whether to post my comments to avoid the (which is better) controversy but I can't hold my thoughts any longer. My Reg Edition Zerker PF arrived yesterday and I have to tell you......this is the best piece Sideshow has produced to date.

I have owned the Witchking statue, Cave Troll, Stone Trolls and many more grails (as the old schoolers here can attest to) but this thing is truly a 'museum quality' piece. The Gore Group has knocked this out of the park.

The production piece in my home is, aside from lighting, spot on with the production piece. None of these are identical but as far as finish, quality and attention to detail it is just as good.

The design of his stance and how it fits perfectly with the design of the base.........the weight of the sword........the perfect weathering and distress on the materials.......down to the cracks in his toenails....this piece is stunning.

I know there is a lot of love for many SS/SSW pieces and this is a really subjective thing but, for my eye, it just hasn't been done any better up to this point.

If you are on the fence and have held off until now, don't wait. This is, aside from resale value, the true 'Balrog' of the collection. If SS doesn't make one more piece I would be happy that I got this before it all ended. To think I almost missed this because I was on the fence. I got in on the pre-order for the Reg Edition (because I thought the head detracted form the scuplt) and cancelled because I was sure this would be another Moria Orc nightmare. I just didn't have faith that SS could pull this off.

I was wrong....in a BIG way. I got this on the 'Second Chance' thing going right now and so happy I pulled the trigger.

Finally, if you missed the Ex Edition, don't let that stop you and take a chance on missing this all together. I know many like the severed head (and I won't debate the point) but this thing is stunning just as it is. The arrows in his hand match the two broken ones in his body and also do not block any of the amazing scuplt like the head seems to.

I will stop now because I could go on.....this is the Grail to date.

dscn1349jebi.jpg

dscn13507c5i.jpg

:rock:rock:rock I totally agree! I have the ex serker, but I prefer the hand with arrows.

Couldn't agree more! My Ex is my favorite piece from my entire Sideshow collection right now!

LOVE how kinetic the pose is. That's what really sends me over the moon about this piece. Opinions vary, of course, but I think the pose is among the most important elements of any sculpture. For me, that's what determines how exciting (or not) the piece is.

That's the primary reason I didn't go for the Legolas PF. Sure, likeness is important, but for me the real ooompff comes from the energy of the pose. And Legolas was just kind of standing there, waiting. The likeness and the costume details all looked pretty great, but there just wasn't any excitement to it for me.

Now, the Zerker is a whole different story! Yes, the sculpt is phenomenal and the paint work is tremendous. But visually, it's the most exciting piece in my collection. (A step above the Hellboy 2 PF, which for me is pretty high praise!)

I realized it wasn't a good idea to post all that praise w/o pics :)

On a side note, I like most collectors, are not photographers so judge this one once it is in hand. Some pics I have see look REALLY red and/or washed out where the blood really stands out too much. Those pics are over exposed and I can replicate that with mine if I use flash in a bright room.

My pics (below) are using flash in a dim lighting so he looks just a tad darker than he really is but....here ya go:

tapout1970

Last edited:
:lecture

Gotta agree with you guys.;)

Whilst there's no doubting Berserker is one dynamically awesome statue Lurtz is still the man...sorry Uruk as far as i'm concerned.

Is it really that hard to add 3 more letters, BER-, to the word -ZERKER?

I think this comparison should be left to those of us who actually own both. :naughty Lurtz looks great, until you display him beside the Bersererker, then he look's like a wimp......:monkey3

I think this comparison should be left to those of us who actually own both. :naughty Lurtz looks great, until you display him beside the Bersererker, then he look's like a wimp......:monkey3

Nah. 'ole Lurtz dosen't have to stick a bucket of blood on his head and have an oversize cleaver (making up for a shortage in the loin cloth department perhaps :D) to look menacing.

The -ZERKERBER is :cool: in a psychopath way but Lurtz carries it off with a cool stride and a snarl :monkey5

This is a good story! Glad you finally got one C1eaN. :rock

Thanks bro....I sent an email to Dune the other day and he said he and AK still chatting regularly.....was thinking of the Cleveland trip.....

Nah. 'ole Lurtz dosen't have to stick a bucket of blood on his head and have an oversize cleaver (making up for a shortage in the loin cloth department perhaps :D) to look menacing.

The -ZERKERBER is :cool: in a psychopath way but Lurtz carries it off with a cool stride and a snarl :monkey5

An interesting slant on things....I'd never considered this. :lol

But keep in mind that the Zerker almost single handedly took down the Deeping Wall where Lurtz just ended up with a sunroof. :banana

Back