PF 1/4 scale human likenesses & paint jobs

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wetayourself

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Lurtz is a GEM but i'm not that keen on the 1/4 scale star wars human figures and i think i will stick with the bad guys there.
For those that say "weta cant do human"...........
Wetas 1/4 humans busts i.e gandalf, saruman, galadriel, theoden & grima were perfect both likeness and paint job, but there were bad ones aswell(eomer, aragorn).
My fav...........
p10003386qn.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

If sideshows PF 1/4 gandalf the white looks this good then its not just the bad guys in this line for me, its all the way (hello box city & empty pockets).
Heres hoping the PF 1/4 scale human likeness and paint job will be spot on.

SSW did a great job getting the likenesses on the 1/4 busts for the most part. They did have a harder time hitting the mark on the 1/6 scale pieces but that's a much smaller size to capture everything in. All in all I think Weta did a pretty good job and I'm happy with what we got.

Ive always been a fan of the busts and appreciate it when it gets some love. Very underrated range...

I agree, the Saruman, GTW, GTG, Theoden, Grima are spot-on, but Aragorn and Eomer aren't up to the same standard.

Wo wo wo I thought we had all agreed that the Araorn bust was the best Viggo likeness!! I think it's great.

Good to show off Gandy every now and then.

My thoughts exactly, Lurtz is great and if the human characters are as good as that bust, I'll have to buy them. I also HATE the Star Wars PF's. If the LOTR ones look like them it'll be some money saved at least!

I find the Arwen bust also very very good.

And gtw, galadriel, theoden, saruman, grima look perfect:D .

My favorite is the Numenorean just find it so damm cool:cool:

My favorite is the Numenorean just find it so damm cool

The Numenorean Infantryman is one of my favs too !!.

Let's not forget the the Cavetroll and the Witch-King of Angmar busts which are both outstanding and for those of us who find their big brothers a tad on the expensive side are a superb substitute !!:banana

FrodoEyes said:
I also HATE the Star Wars PF's. If the LOTR ones look like them it'll be some money saved at least!

Interesting. I think the SW 1/4 human likenesses are actually much better than the SS/W busts. To each their own I guess.

Vader, however....:sick

I have high hopes for the LOTR 1/4 line.

elwood49 said:
Interesting. I think the SW 1/4 human likenesses are actually much better than the SS/W busts. To each their own I guess.

Vader, however....:sick

I have high hopes for the LOTR 1/4 line.

Yup to each their own. Cause I really like most of the 1/4 bust likenesses as I said are really prety good. With the exception of a couple. Han,Leia, and Obi-Wan are both really good. The Luke likeness I don't think is as spot on as the other human likenesses.

Vader Kicks ass IMO and again I think looks exactly like what you see on screen in that battle with maybe missing a couple small things.

I have very high hopes on the LOTR line.

It's true that it is quite difficult to catch the likeness with the 1/6 format, especially with the humans. If I compare the Orc Moria archer statue and bust, I found both of them superb but their faces are in no way identical. Then when it comes to humans, I immediately compare with the actors and I feel disappointed with some of the 1/6 faces. For example I do love the Legolas statue :legolas and Sam (and Bill) statue but not the likenesess. With the busts, they did a great job with a lot of human likenesses. I really like most of their sculpting when it comes to 1/4 (Han Solo or Bela Lugosi :blackbat for example).
My guess is that the LOTR PF 1/4 serie is going to be superb.:google

"Forget the likeness to the actors, it's the essence of the character that's important..."

I figured I might as well get it out there already. By the way, I disagree with the above statement. It was Viggo Mortenson as "Aragorn" not Jerry Lewis...

And for the record, the Aragorn 1/4 Bust looks like Salvador Dali sculpted it. Face looks like it's half melted... ;) :wacky :D

Both Gandalfs, Saruman, Grima and Gil-Galad are amazing representation of the actors that portrayed them. Well done, SS/Weta!

Have to agree with most of you people.the LOTR busts are mostly great.The ones mentioned earlier especially.The PF SW range however, has been ruined for me by BAD paint jobs mainly + they have really turned out looking like dolls.I got fairly excited when I first saw the Han figure and was even more stoked when I got one of the exclusives..but after seeing all those awful pics in the SW section i just cancelled tonight.That was not before I tried to sell him though.No takers,for a LTD Ed of 250 thats scary and i was not asking the earth for him..£250.
Have a PF lurtz on order..yippee and if they get the likenesses right on the 'humans' then I'll probably be sucked in by them too.What do people think of a Hobbit two-pack? Just thought it might be a good idea due to their lack of stature!! Sam and frodo, Merry and Pippin then a Bilbo and Gollum!! Would be great if all the traits were there.
Hopefully the second wave of Hans will be better for all you who have one coming.Speaking to one of Sideshows staff tonight,they told me they had been through a few of the boxes and some of them actually looked like the prototype.i just could'nt take the risk though with that much money at stake.

I too hope the 1/4 humans are as good as some of the 1/4 busts.

GTW bust is still the best likeness of Ian McKellen there is. Awesome piece.

The 1/4 Star Wars sculpts are pretty good but not great. Kenobi looks the best so far but then again, we have only seen the proto. ;)

The paint jobs on the other hand have not been that good. I saw some very sloppy Luke paint jobs and while Han is ok...he could be better.

I really hope the LOTR line is better. I still like the 1/4 Star Wars line a lot but it could be better from the two we have seen (luke/han).

Don't get me started on 1/4 Vader. I just hope it's better in person! 2 more weeks, right?

I have only five busts--the Hooded Rohirrim soldier and the four Last Alliance characters. I love them all, and can only imagine how great it would be to see them sitting atop a same-scale costumed body.

After alot of thought...The only 1/4 scale piece I plan to get will be Aragorn (hopefully at the Black Gates). As he is my favorite charcater. Will go great with my framed Aragorn poster and U.C. Anduril set-up.

The rest I don't plan on getting. Can't afford them, and have no room, so I decided to get into the 12" line instead.

Of course if they do a Morgul Lord Witch King, I am liable to change my mind.

Why don't people like the Darth Vader? Surely it can't be a likeness problem, he's only got a helmet on!

Maybe I was too harsh with saying I hate the Star Wars PF's....Han looks ok and I havent really seen Leia, but Luke is what put me off. Not that I was ever going to get any anyway as I'm just not a huge Star Wars fan...

FrodoEyes said:
Why don't people like the Darth Vader? Surely it can't be a likeness problem, he's only got a helmet on!

Yup, there are people out there that don't like the way his helmet was done though I don't agree. It has a couple mistakes but nothing I see being a big deal.

I like the Darth Vader myself. If I had the space and extra money, I would go for it.

Of course I would have to convince my wife into it as well.

Back