Perfecting the TDK OC Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

villainsfan42

Super Freak
Reaction score
i've had the oc batman for a while, but i've been afraid to do the mods to it. can someone please post some sort of guide or tutorial for fixing the figures cape clips? thanks, i would really appreciate it. :)

haha its Lforigno, but its cool. Here I will give it a try. First of all it is ok to be nervous about doing this, but this is the first mod I ever did and it is VERY easy. This is what you have to do, BREAK off the cape clips from the figure, yes break them off. The top of them will break off and the bottom will still be right underneath the suit. I removed the bottom piece as well, but you dont have to do it. I then get some gel superglue and very finely coat the outside long edge of each cape clip and attach it to the sides of the cowl.
batman5_23.jpg

Make sure there is only a little bit of glue and it is best to remove the head when this is being done so that no glue get on the suit. Then you are done, alls you need is a cape which will fit around the neck adapter and then head goes on top of that and you have an accurate batman

thanks, lforigno. would a hot glue gun or krazy glue work well for the clips? and can i still use the ht cape that came with the figure, or would it be best to get a custom one from somewhere else in the future?

I used tiny pieces of electrical tape to secure my clips. Run the tape along the bottom of the clip and the cowl. It's less permanent and lets you adjust the clips down the road if you're not happy with the placement.

If you're lucky the whole cape clip actually comes off though, no need to break it off (although you have to cut the peg off afterwards anyway).
When I modded mine, one clip snapped right away, the other one came off clean. Here are two pics to show how the cape clips look like, in case you're interested:
peg2.png

peg1.png

As for attaching them to the cowl, I did the same as MarfMaster, used elextrical tape, for the same reasons he mentioned.

i like the idea of the electrical tape, but i'm not sure i understand how to do it...could someone elaborate on the process please?

Just cut a thin strip for each clip and run the sticky side of the tape along the underside of the clip and the underside/inside of the cowl.

Well if you're doing the clip mod then I would highly suggest getting one of lforigno's custom begins capes. They look fantastic and there is a hole it for the neck post to go through. Not entirely sure about the stock cape, as I had one of lforigno's capes waiting for mine :lol

yeah, i've seen his capes on other people's figures on the board. they look great. i thought he stopped making them though...

Back