"Pennywise" early sculpture pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pinkertonfx

Freaked Out
Reaction score
Well some of you were asking for a Pennywise clown from IT so here is the start of the sculpture. He is going to look a bit odd at the moment because he has no hair ;) This bring me to the question... should he have sculpted hair?

Let me know what you think so far...

Pennywise-1.jpg

Pennywise-2.jpg

Pennywise-2.jpg

Dude, that thing ROCKS!!! :chew
I'm not 100% on this, but if I recall his teeth were pointy, weren't they? Out of curiosity, did sculpt Pennywise from the start, or did you sculpt Tim Curry and then build it up into Pennywise? I've been doing the latter and it seems to save a ton of head ache as far as the likeness goes.

Dude, that thing ROCKS!!! :chew
I'm not 100% on this, but if I recall his teeth were pointy, weren't they? Out of curiosity, did sculpt Pennywise from the start, or did you sculpt Tim Curry and then build it up into Pennywise? I've been doing the latter and it seems to save a ton of head ache as far as the likeness goes.

Good call

it-pennywise-howling.jpg

Actually most of the movie they were normal... I will be doing two different heads... One with the sharp demon teeth and one with normal teeth ;)

Actually since it is basically just a head and a nose I just started with the clown... There is still allot of work to do refining this but he is getting there ;)

As for the hair, if done right, "real" hair would look amazing. But using real hair is challenging to get to look right. But if you can't get it to look right, you could always go back and sculpt hair. It would certainly be better going that way than the other way around.

Thanks for the input everyone... I think with the hair I will sculpt it but as a separate piece that way i can use it if I like or add the real hair ;)

Thanks for the input everyone... I think with the hair I will sculpt it but as a separate piece that way i can use it if I like or add the real hair ;)

This will be long wided, so I hope it's useful:lol
Real hair would look great on this, even if it looks kinda bad. It was a cheap, fake clown wig and looked bad, anyway.For the hair here is what I would
do:

heat up a small sheet of styrene and form it around the back of the head. Cut that into a "plate" that follows the hairline. Sculpt a recessed area in the head in the shape of that plate so it sits flush. Make a mold of that plate. This way, you can glue the hair right to the plate and add it later. Take a cast of the plate and sculpt hair onto that one. This way, you can offer it both ways. People can choose an unpainted head, with real hair, and not have the hair be an issue during painting. I get requests for unpainted Michael Myers heads and there's just no goo way to do it since they have real hair. I'm working now on a "plate" system myself for the Myers masks, hopefully this idea can help you out.

that sculpt is looking great! You really got this one up & running fast. :chew

I think the real hair would be the best, it would really add to the realism. The Killer Clown you did looks perfect with the real hair, very realistic!

Awesome work! Love it, love it, love it!!! :clap :clap :clap

And that is one evil ass looking expression :devil

I personally think real hair would look better... but of course it could be hard to pull off.

OK guys here it is... The pictures don't do it justice so hopefully the paint job will ;) Let me know what you think!

Pennywise-clay-5.jpg

Pennywise-clay-4.jpg

Pennywise-clay-3.jpg

Pennywise-clay-1.jpg

Pennywise-clay-2.jpg

Back