PDX's Theater Room

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is the first addition to my theater room in well over a year... Batman is perfect next to Iron Man...

IMG_1987-vi.jpg

IMG_2019-vi.jpg

WOW!! Extremely well built and designed theater room!! Incredibly well laid out!! The butt kickers add that perfect amount of 'personal touch' that the subs would need to be overpowering loud to accomplish! I love every aspect of this room!! Congrats on a job well done!! The only idea I could think of for you inregards to what to do with your component area is enclose it with some fans to keep ecverything cool, get rid of the theater curtain and install a "picture window" display!! There are a few guys here on the board that have done that and basically it is just installing a sunken deep shelf above yoru now enclosed component tower, putting some glass up and then installing a picture border which gives it the illusion of a picture print but when you trun the lights on your display inside comes to life. This would also let you add another display area without taking up more of the room!! Similar to these:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78483

or this one. This one I personally love. Think it was done just perfect. Check out his LOTR "picture" display. PLus just check out his room too. Very nice!
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53387&page=4

Hope this helps. Sorry for the essay!

Impressive....most impressive! :lsvader

Would love watching a flick in that room! How long did it take you to get it to this point?!?!

Agreed,,, the component area has always been "incomplete" along with my movie storage area.
I hadn't seen either of those threads below. Thanks for sharing! The guy with the LOTR section was absolutely perfect and could be fairly easy for me to accomplish something similar..
Looks like I have a good winter project! Thanks again!

WOW!! Extremely well built and designed theater room!! Incredibly well laid out!! The butt kickers add that perfect amount of 'personal touch' that the subs would need to be overpowering loud to accomplish! I love every aspect of this room!! Congrats on a job well done!! The only idea I could think of for you inregards to what to do with your component area is enclose it with some fans to keep ecverything cool, get rid of the theater curtain and install a "picture window" display!! There are a few guys here on the board that have done that and basically it is just installing a sunken deep shelf above yoru now enclosed component tower, putting some glass up and then installing a picture border which gives it the illusion of a picture print but when you trun the lights on your display inside comes to life. This would also let you add another display area without taking up more of the room!! Similar to these:
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=78483

or this one. This one I personally love. Think it was done just perfect. Check out his LOTR "picture" display. PLus just check out his room too. Very nice!
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53387&page=4

Hope this helps. Sorry for the essay!

I had the room custom built when I bought the house around 5 years ago. Regarding collectables, LOTS of items have been swapped out over the past 5 years. I would never sell one item without another cool piece on the way to replace the one leaving. Honestly, there hasn't been a whole lot that's really got me excited lately. Part of the reason why the Batman bust was the first collectable I've purchased in over a year....
But it's basically looked like that since the day I moved in the house. I don't get to spend nearly as much time in there as I would like to...

How long did it take you to get it to this point?!?!

Agreed,,, the component area has always been "incomplete" along with my movie storage area.
I hadn't seen either of those threads below. Thanks for sharing! The guy with the LOTR section was absolutely perfect and could be fairly easy for me to accomplish something similar..
Looks like I have a good winter project! Thanks again!

Hey no worries man!! Always glad to help out!! Cant wait to see what you do with the space!! I know that as soon as I am in my own house (renting now) I will be doing a full custom movie/display room! I can only go so far in the place I have right now. Oh well!! I will be posting some pics of my room on here soon!! No where near as exquisite as yours but its comfy!!! I really enjoy the way you cycle through statues and collectables. I have over 60 statues now and it gets difficult to find places for them all. Especially since now I have turned to only collecting PF's, 1:1's and large comiquettes (unless something ridiculous comes along in smaller scale) so I like your idea of cycling!! Going to be doing that myself now!! Keep up the great work and hopefully will see something new in the spring!!

Back