Statue PCS: Halloween - Michael Myers 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the last pic, haha did I tell you about cemetaryhaunts? Thats where you got the tombstone right? I got one made for my 1/3rd and got it signed by carpenter. Cool set up. Talk about a Myers shrine!!! I have a bunch of jamie grove masks and daran holt h2 bust signed by the whole cast and carpenter. I just need jamie lee. Then got the tots h 18 prototype mask 1/100 signed by carpenter and castle and the artists of the mask. I know this myers will be around a while. So, maybe I can get a good deal down the line, because a pumpkin isn't a big deal. Idk why but it seems some got different statues. Either that, or they are the worst cameras out their. LOL. Well, congrats. As long as you like it. Im too big of a myers fan to let this go. But I can not pay 6 for this. When its far off the prototype. So, I am assuming they will go down in price. Anyways, take care bud and great collection. Ill have to show you my Myers collection. All the times I met carpenter and castle. Both great people to their fans!! I have to say though the thing is my favorite movie of all time other than halloween. The thing is a tad bit better lol.

Thanks a lot man. Yeah I'm sure it will be around for a while and you will be able to get one for a better price.

From Statue Forum:

Let me jump in here because it seems people are taking a persons comment on the internet as gospel without even seen Myers in person.

1. Head Sculpt: Head sculpt is the EXACT same sculpt as the 1:3. Why would we change something that everyone loved? We specifically kept redoing the 1:3 Mask to get it perfect because we knew if it wasn't then we wouldn't be able to do Myers in 1:4.

2. Hair: The hair in the prototype, 1:3 Myers, and 1:4 factory Myers has NEVER been mohair. In fact, the prototype hair was just a fur pelt bought from the hobby store. Which goes to show how much people DON'T know when they think they know everything. Now here is a fun fact. We actually explored doing rooted hair with the 1:3 Myers during production. I even went so far to spend $15k to source mohair locally and sent it to china. Sadly it looked like crap and a barbie doll head so we switch to the fur pelt for 1:3 Myers with the help of our painter Nathan (I need to get that hair back from the factory and sell it, lol). And the results turned out amazing so we did the same for the 1:4 Myers. Which actually makes sense because the 1978 mask didn't have rooted hair.

3. Knife - The knife is metal. This is another example of someone posting "it's not metal" and people just running with it. Here is another fun fact. We would've saved a whooping $0.15 per statue if we didn't do metal and that's because of mold costs of ABS and Metal. So no, PCS didn't cheap out as we kept the knife metal.

4. Base - kid Myers we had to be careful due to likeness issues. But, I'm not happy with the window paints. Could they have done better, absolutely. Do the windows distract from the statue, not in my opinion. I've already spoken with the owner of the factory about the base and he's going to personally QC our upcoming projects. One of the reason we didn't offer the color windows as a separate variant was because we didn't trust China to get it exactly how we wanted it. We thought they would get the mono-chrome right. They still did a good job, but could've been better.

Look, I totally get the passion for Myers. But, wait until you get him in person yourself to make your own judgment because everyone I've spoke with loved him once they got him in person. I've even had people PM me apologizing for flipping out from badly taken "straight out the box" photos because they loved him once they got him in person. But, if you still don't like him then send him back. Everyone has their own opinion and sadly some people lie along with their opinions. As one guy that was trying to blow up our FB group about how he hated Myers 1:4. Some people called him out saying wait to see in hand and of course he said "I already have and sent it back to Sideshow". Which was a bold face lie because at that point in time Sideshow actually didn't even have Myers in their warehouse, lol. Guess people don't think we know this stuff.

I always say buy what you love, but don't put other people down because they love something you don't. Also just wanted to touch on the retail cost of Myers at $600. We actually did our best to keep the costs down for collectors on Myers. We are probably one of the few companies around still focusing on keep costs down as much as we can. And if you think if SS did a PF Myers years from now (which I doubt because they don't have the license, we do) would be under $600 then you would be kidding yourself (unless there is some grand shift in factory pricing). Shoot the 1:2 scale Myers from Prime 1 is $2,000 which was actually up for preorder on 12/19 which was 8 months before our 1:4 Myers. Hope this helps calm down the internet drama.

From Statue Forum:

Let me jump in here because it seems people are taking a persons comment on the internet as gospel without even seen Myers in person.

1. Head Sculpt: Head sculpt is the EXACT same sculpt as the 1:3. Why would we change something that everyone loved? We specifically kept redoing the 1:3 Mask to get it perfect because we knew if it wasn't then we wouldn't be able to do Myers in 1:4.

2. Hair: The hair in the prototype, 1:3 Myers, and 1:4 factory Myers has NEVER been mohair. In fact, the prototype hair was just a fur pelt bought from the hobby store. Which goes to show how much people DON'T know when they think they know everything. Now here is a fun fact. We actually explored doing rooted hair with the 1:3 Myers during production. I even went so far to spend $15k to source mohair locally and sent it to china. Sadly it looked like crap and a barbie doll head so we switch to the fur pelt for 1:3 Myers with the help of our painter Nathan (I need to get that hair back from the factory and sell it, lol). And the results turned out amazing so we did the same for the 1:4 Myers. Which actually makes sense because the 1978 mask didn't have rooted hair.

3. Knife - The knife is metal. This is another example of someone posting "it's not metal" and people just running with it. Here is another fun fact. We would've saved a whooping $0.15 per statue if we didn't do metal and that's because of mold costs of ABS and Metal. So no, PCS didn't cheap out as we kept the knife metal.

4. Base - kid Myers we had to be careful due to likeness issues. But, I'm not happy with the window paints. Could they have done better, absolutely. Do the windows distract from the statue, not in my opinion. I've already spoken with the owner of the factory about the base and he's going to personally QC our upcoming projects. One of the reason we didn't offer the color windows as a separate variant was because we didn't trust China to get it exactly how we wanted it. We thought they would get the mono-chrome right. They still did a good job, but could've been better.

Look, I totally get the passion for Myers. But, wait until you get him in person yourself to make your own judgment because everyone I've spoke with loved him once they got him in person. I've even had people PM me apologizing for flipping out from badly taken "straight out the box" photos because they loved him once they got him in person. But, if you still don't like him then send him back. Everyone has their own opinion and sadly some people lie along with their opinions. As one guy that was trying to blow up our FB group about how he hated Myers 1:4. Some people called him out saying wait to see in hand and of course he said "I already have and sent it back to Sideshow". Which was a bold face lie because at that point in time Sideshow actually didn't even have Myers in their warehouse, lol. Guess people don't think we know this stuff.

I always say buy what you love, but don't put other people down because they love something you don't. Also just wanted to touch on the retail cost of Myers at $600. We actually did our best to keep the costs down for collectors on Myers. We are probably one of the few companies around still focusing on keep costs down as much as we can. And if you think if SS did a PF Myers years from now (which I doubt because they don't have the license, we do) would be under $600 then you would be kidding yourself (unless there is some grand shift in factory pricing). Shoot the 1:2 scale Myers from Prime 1 is $2,000 which was actually up for preorder on 12/19 which was 8 months before our 1:4 Myers. Hope this helps calm down the internet drama.
This is from Ant Adams. Ceo of pcs.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

From Statue Forum:

Just answer me one question and this will be the end of it, why wasn't the mask like the prototype? Why not then just show the 1/3 mask as the prototype and that would be the end of the drama! But no you guys didn't that's my issue. As well as not showing photos before hand of out of the box myers. Also, like the one third? We all saw photos before hand. To decide if we wanted to buy it or not.

Idk about other but I was expecting that prototype mask as I have the 1/3rd why do I need two? However, I still think that 1/3rd is better. Seeing both in person.

But Idk if your referring to me (seeing as their are thousands of people) as having it and then sending it back. I absolutely did. I live a half hour from them. Anyways, that's beside the point. That now is my only issue. The rest I can live with. Thank you!

Just answer me one question and this will be the end of it, why wasn't the mask like the prototype? Why not then just show the 1/3 mask as the prototype and that would be the end of the drama! But no you guys didn't that's my issue. As well as not showing photos before hand of out of the box myers. Also, like the one third? We all saw photos before hand. To decide if we wanted to buy it or not.

Idk about other but I was expecting that prototype mask as I have the 1/3rd why do I need two? However, I still think that 1/3rd is better. Seeing both in person.

But Idk if your referring to me (seeing as their are thousands of people) as having it and then sending it back. I absolutely did. I live a half hour from them. Anyways, that's beside the point. That now is my only issue. The rest I can live with. Thank you!

As I've said before, look at a companies ACTIONS not their marketing words. I'll pick up the Tweeterhead Catwoman instead of this or a Sideshow piece. PCS had barely anything to paint on this and they chose to do cut back after cut back. To the rest that like the piece, awesome for you. I just think this should have been painted way better than what we got so I've decided to not buy the piece and hopefully PCS will do better next time. No more friggen base pics for Pete's sake -- the factory can't pull them off, Stop with cheap materials and no more lazy "fist" hands. Just inexcusable at these prices and competition

Not sure why you're directing this at me like I wrote this...

Well of course the CEO of a company is going to defend it as they want you to buy it. With the new pics it does look a lot better and styling the hair makes a world of difference. IMO the problems come down to the paint apps. Too much of the flesh tone showing in the mask, mainly the sides of the face. I've seen a few where the whole one side of the mask has little to no white on it. The base pictures look like they had coffee spilt on them. A repaint would make this look excellent but at $600, for a fairly basic statue, that's a hard pill to swallow. According to what he said Sideshow does not have the licence for 1/4.

they must be getting a lot of people sending it back or cancelling it for them to put out such a statement. I could care less about half the things he wrote in that statement but if you already decided to use the 1/3 mask because it was so good and their was no need to change it, why did you put out a prototype photo with a much different looking mask then the 1/3 with a much wider face and totally different hair colour. i am not saying you did not not resize the 1/3 mask and use it but i am saying you advertised a different looking mask then what arrived on the 1/4 and the 1/3. you clearly edited the image to make the mask look as good as it could look knowing well enough it was not what it actually looked like. if i am wrong then show us the actual prototype statue that was used with that mask and hair colour

they must be getting a lot of people sending it back or cancelling it for them to put out such a statement. I could care less about half the things he wrote in that statement but if you already decided to use the 1/3 mask because it was so good and their was no need to change it, why did you put out a prototype photo with a much different looking mask then the 1/3 with a much wider face and totally different hair colour. i am not saying you did not not resize the 1/3 mask and use it but i am saying you advertised a different looking mask then what arrived on the 1/4 and the 1/3. you clearly edited the image to make the mask look as good as it could look knowing well enough it was not what it actually looked like. if i am wrong then show us the actual prototype statue that was used with that mask and hair colour
Nope. Just tired of the few repeating the same incorrect info over and over.

My .02 cents-
I mentioned my gripes with the piece in my review. But I think at this point all that needs to be said has been said, over and over and over again. One reaches a point where the whole thread is soured and people that actually like the statue are made to feel like they shouldn't. Nothing productive can come from beating a dead horse till you no longer can tell it was ever a horse.
The way I see it, if you don't like it, fine. Express that. But once you have, just move on, especially if it's now something you are no longer interested in. Life is too short to be so bothered by things. Allow others to enjoy their purchase.

Nope. Just tired of the few repeating the same incorrect info over and over.

What incorrect information? I think Mason just repeated what I said, and its completely correct. What's incorrect about it? Because everything I said and what he is saying is true and they never addressed that and keep walking around that issue with out answering it. Give me a straight up answer. Ill be like okay. Them saying because people liked the 1/3rd isn't an answer, its a cop out!

My .02 cents-
I mentioned my gripes with the piece in my review. But I think at this point all that needs to be said has been said, over and over and over again. One reaches a point where the whole thread is soured and people that actually like the statue are made to feel like they shouldn't. Nothing productive can come from beating a dead horse till you no longer can tell it was ever a horse.
The way I see it, if you don't like it, fine. Express that. But once you have, just move on, especially if it's now something you are no longer interested in. Life is too short to be so bothered by things. Allow others to enjoy their purchase.

Burial my 2 cents

You know I love your reviews. You know I always been straight up with you. Never had a problem, still don't. But that is an assumption. Your assuming dawg!! Plus Its a forum. I have scene you repeat yourself a few times as well. Not accusing you. That's what a forum does. Now, If I went out of my way and said to someone. Your statue looks like ****!! Why did you buy it? Never once did I do that. It is your assumptions. Their like buttholes we all have them. But that is your take on it. The ecc pennywise? I remember you repeated a few times. People gave you ****. But I agreed with you. It looked like crap. So, its all good. Im not saying anything else. But this is what a forum is for. But someone brought up what the company, CEO of PCS replied with and never addressed my problem to begin with. Like being okay with lying to their customers. Showing a prototype and looking nothing like it. So, I addressed that. Not once did I put a person down. Or do anything of those sorts. Like I said to others. No one is forcing anyone to read any comments. Your right, Life is short. But A two minute comment isn't taking any time out of my day. Especially, when I work at home and type quickly.

Burial my 2 cents

You know I love your reviews. You know I always been straight up with you. Never had a problem, still don't. But that is an assumption. Your assuming dawg!! Plus Its a forum. I have scene you repeat yourself a few times as well. Not accusing you. That's what a forum does. Now, If I went out of my way and said to someone. Your statue looks like ****!! Why did you buy it? Never once did I do that. It is your assumptions. Their like buttholes we all have them. But that is your take on it. The ecc pennywise? I remember you repeated a few times. People gave you ****. But I agreed with you. It looked like crap. So, its all good. Im not saying anything else. But this is what a forum is for. But someone brought up what the company, CEO of PCS replied with and never addressed my problem to begin with. Like being okay with lying to their customers. Showing a prototype and looking nothing like it. So, I addressed that. Not once did I put a person down. Or do anything of those sorts. Like I said to others. No one is forcing anyone to read any comments. Your right, Life is short. But A two minute comment isn't taking any time out of my day. Especially, when I work at home and type quickly.

I'm not singling you out brother. And yeah, I have been vocal in the past on stuff for sure. But, I have also noticed that there are a lot of new people in the hobby, and they may be jazzed on this piece, or even in the hobby for a while and still like it. But it can bum people out when something they like and are proud to own gets constantly crapped on, so we need to keep that in mind too. That's all I'm saying.

I'm not singling you out brother. And yeah, I have been vocal in the past on stuff for sure. But, I have also noticed that there are a lot of new people in the hobby, and they may be jazzed on this piece, or even in the hobby for a while and still like it. But it can bum people out when something they like and are proud to own gets constantly crapped on, so we need to keep that in mind too. That's all I'm saying.

I get ya man! I guess I should think of it that way. Because I was new once and someone did that and I was about to send it back. But then was like ****, I like it. Kept it to this day. No worries man. I hear what your saying bro. I just been getting a lot of **** on this site. So, Im out for a while. Peace

I get ya man! I guess I should think of it that way. Because I was new once and someone did that and I was about to send it back. But then was like ****, I like it. Kept it to this day. No worries man. I hear what your saying bro. I just been getting a lot of **** on this site. So, Im out for a while. Peace

You never returned the 1/4 Myers. In fact, you said you cancelled yours. You told Sideshow ?you lost your job? so you could get your NRD back.

Remember?

You also complain about the way people have ?treated? you here.

Do you remember writing this?

edc37c9901fcc28fb07740d4229ea3b3.jpg

Absolutely disgraceful.

I?ve seen what you write in other forums.

How upset you got when people attacked your awful looking Ledger bust with the slicked back hair.

You don?t take criticism of stuff you like too well, but are more than happy to attack others about what they like.

You are the very definition of a hypocrite.

You have managed to drain the life out of this thread. Replying to every post unnecessarily. Acting like the Overlord of all collectibles. The keeper of all opinions. The oracle of accuracy.

Please, take a break or at least put a lid on your constant and ridiculous commentary.

No one cares what you think.

No one.

Attack me all you want. I don?t care.

Replying will only reinforce the opinions people have you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You never returned the 1/4 Myers. In fact, you said you cancelled yours. You told Sideshow ?you lost your job? so you could get your NRD back.

Remember?

You also complain about the way people have ?treated? you here.

Do you remember writing this?

edc37c9901fcc28fb07740d4229ea3b3.jpg

Absolutely disgraceful.

I?ve seen what you write in other forums.

How upset you got when people attacked your awful looking Ledger bust with the slicked back hair.

You don?t take criticism of stuff you like too well, but are more than happy to attack others about what they like.

You are the very definition of a hypocrite.

You have managed to drain the life out of this thread. Replying to every post unnecessarily. Acting like the Overlord of all collectibles. The keeper of all opinions. The oracle of accuracy.

Please, take a break or at least put a lid on your constant and ridiculous commentary.

No one cares what you think.

No one.

Attack me all you want. I don?t care.

Replying will only reinforce the opinions people have you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since, you resort to another personal bash and continue not talking about the statue. Ill DM you. Plus, Ill save others from this crap.

My .02 cents-

I am of two minds on this. On the one hand I agree being negative on the statue may turn off some buyers that like it. On the other hand with $600 becoming the industry standard price for these, the large edition size, we should be more critical on the piece. IMO at this price we shouldn't have to settle for just OK to bad paint apps, etc. It didn't help that the proto looked very different and the first batch of pictures were absolutely dreadful. All that said this is the best official 1/4 Myers statue out there. It blows that awful HCG thing off the map.

Back