Statue PCS: Halloween - Michael Myers 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Why does a ten dollar Barbie come with styled hair yet PCS can't do it for 600 dollars? It's obvious the proto uses styled mohair and the in hand uses dollar store fake fur. I'm sick of the bait and switch. Also, if the base pics are oversprayed/ruined like we saw, they need to redo them handpainted. Did you see the base pics compared side to side with proto? Horrible bait and switch. PCS needs to redo a replacement mask PROPERLY, like the prototype and fix the base issue PROPERLY and then I'll buy. I'm not buying this for $600 and will buy from companies like Sideshow/Blitzway who get it right. I hope those of you that get this are happy. I see potential when the issues are corrected. This is 600 dollars not 60 bucks, sorry not buying. Needs a new mask like what we saw on proto and a properly painted base

I can hear their BS excuse now "We couldn't use mohair because of Covid," No, you didn't use it because you were cutting corners for profit on a 600 dollar statue. Oh well. I hope you guys will be happier with it than I would be

I agree and you have the 1/3rd. They say that why change something that works but they had to make it smaller so in hind sight they did change it. I do think the mask looks a tad different, but really cheap. Where as paying for the myers 1/3rd your paying for a lower es and they made changes. Its to late to make changes on this. Its out. Unless they delay a bunch and do them right. They do that I will be back on getting this. However, I am so damn picky with myers, I know what looks like him and what is a fail and ur right, bad paint, bad cover alls, the collar is way to large, why is it so low. Lets not forget that horrible rushed base. You hit all the right marks on this. If by some miracle they go back to the drawing board and make this better I may be back in. But right now I am so far from that.

I still think it looks bad. Not good compared to the 1/3rd or prototype. Cover alls look like crap, the collar is so low. the base looks so rushed. I hate to say it but this is a huge fail. I'm happy I got my refund and NRD back. Side show must have known because they issued me a refund right away.

Exactly. PCS is being so unethical and full of s@#t on this. PCS "Let's just keep lying and no one will notice." They should just say, "we dropped the ball, we're sorry, we are fixing it." And then they should give us prompt updates on each fix but only an ethical company would do that and sadly, it's not PCS right now. SMH the PCS dudee totally glosses over all the other serious issues on the statue and just lies about the mask sculpt

Anyway, if they fix it, they get my money. If not, I'll buy from companies like Sideshow/Blitzway/Tweeterhead that get it right. No excuse for bait and switch and overspray and cheap hair and cheap coveralls. This could have been the best horror statue of all time. Let's see if they fix it and stop fudging the truth

Right, their full of ****. People received this and it looks a tad better but still nothing like the end product. If they would have made the end Product the same I would have gotten it. I still think it looks like crap.

They need to apologize and fix it. Proper styled hair and paint on a new replacement head and a new base with handpainted pics and no messy overspray air brush. Only solution to this

They need to apologize and fix it. Proper styled hair and paint on a new replacement head and a new base with handpainted pics and no messy overspray air brush. Only solution to this

If it looked identical to the prototype I would have a grail. But the hair isn't even the right color too. Face looks narrow the eyes look weird and neck. Make it like the prototype 99 percent accurate. I am all in. Make it like **** like they started the 1/3 myers. You hear me *****. Looked what we got when I bitched earlier. They fixed it. Sadly, now I think it is to late. But time will tell. But the guy who is raving about his 1/4 Myers. Must not be seeing correctly because I still think his pics and that statue still looks damn awful. But people who buy it will always justify how good it is. But I noticed the flaws immediately.

Again not mine,from fcb:

FB_IMG_1614418428419.jpg
FB_IMG_1614418433616.jpg
FB_IMG_1614418440251.jpg
FB_IMG_1614418446263.jpg

If you do a side by side with the proto you'll see how disappointing this is. I really hope they do the right thing and replace the base with handpainted pics and replace the head with proper "styled" mohair, not the cheap fake fur they used from the dollar store. And when I say "styled", I mean THEY DO IT, LIKE ON THE PROTO. WITH ACRYLIC GEL OR WHAT EVER THEY USED. BTW fake fur is fine in certain situations, but at 1/4 scale they need to use mohair as the hairs are way finer and can be styled instead of looking like a chunky shiny synthetic mess here (which detracts completely from the mask). PCS also used mohair on the proto and it was used on the real Halloween mask from '78.

I'm passing on this unless they do the right thing. We need to hold bait and switch accountable. I understand small differences, but they used completely different and way cheaper materials than the proto. For $600?! No way. This was an easy statue to get right and the fact they didn't bother is wrong. The over spray on the base is also completely unacceptable and the hair really needs to be fixed. The coveralls aren't as big an issue to me. I hope some of you are happy with this, in this day and age of great companies, I'm not happy with it. They can fix it and they should. Hopefully they honor their customers. A new hand painted base and head with styled mohair and we're good. And let it be a QC lesson learned which most other companies have learned/fixed years ago

Last edited:
I may not even unbox mine and just request a return shipping label from SSC. I?m so pissed they didn?t preview the production piece to give customers proper time to cancel before shipping the statue out.

That was the original concept sample piece. Both hands were changed and the base pictures went from color to black and white.

The nose on production piece doesn't seem to have paint loss on the tip (as it should) like in the proto pic:

107893392_4000645363338797_5532903535824818640_o.jpg

SPNU0088.jpg

Here is the side by side video to prototype, nothing alike to me. The chin is way off and narrow, so is the whole mask and paint the nose has the paint on it and isn't suppose too.

View attachment 507435

Here is the side by side video to prototype, nothing alike to me. The chin is way off and narrow, so is the whole mask and paint the nose has the paint on it and isn't suppose too.

The only way I'd ever buy this is if they did right and gave us a proper "styled" mohair head with paint like it had on the proto and have us send back the base and send us out a new base with quality paint like on the proto. In this day and age where people are cautious of how they spend money due to Covid, this doesn't come close to making the cut but I'm sure others won't mind. I'll wait for the next Myers or just buy what turns out like the proto in the future. PCS isn't getting my money with this but oh well no biggie, there's plenty more companies who get pieces right :peace

Last edited:
The only way I'd ever buy this is if they did right and gave us a proper "styled" mohair head with paint like it had on the proto and have us send back the base and send us out a new base with quality paint like on the proto. In this day and age where people are cautious of how they spend money due to Covid, this doesn't come close to making the cut but I'm sure others won't mind. I'll wait for the next Myers or just buy what turns out like the proto in the future. PCS isn't getting my money with this but oh well no biggie, there's plenty more companies who get pieces right :peace

This actually was a great thing for me. First, I saved 6 bills. Second, I just bought a custom and paid that off and that will be sought after. I mean at least you have the 1/3rd Myers if I recall. That one is all sold out and will be the only good one their is out their. SO, people accepting this. I am shocked and appalled that they can not or refuse to see how bad this really looks. And that is why, nothing changes. Because people will always accept crap over a great statue. Period. Knowing this was a high es, should have been my first warning sign but I past that up. Second, I have others on PO that won't **** up. SO, its a win for me to have the one third myers and signed. SO, this was just a cool piece to have as a 1/4th. Not anymore. Third, how do the owners, stubbornness not see the true problems this statue possess? I mean the guy on the video was ecstatic over receiving a ****** statue. I was in shock. Fourth, the rush and not showing actually out of box photos. Lying to the public. its appalling and an apology should be sent out.

Wow that video says it all https://youtu.be/7q-ZQag7WkI Thank you God I got a refund, with NRD. Wow, how did it go so wrong.

This statue when all paid for is close to 700 could even push 800 dollars, as an avid Myers Mask collector this kind of work I cannot stomach to pay for. Now the FB group of the company is using photo camera reason why the statue wont look good, one used the T-800 battle damaged as an example. This wont wash with me, and I'm glad I cancelled and got my NRD refund back also, so BIG BIG thankyou to sideshow for allowing a refund on the deposit. They've saved me 700 close to 800 dollars with shipping and custom fees

Back