Statue PCS: Halloween - Michael Myers 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is not a blanket statement. The deluxe version of the 1/4 Iron Studios Cap also has an edition of 4000 pieces. The end product is outstanding. And the challenges were many times higher. Here you can not even come close to the prototype.
Oh I agree. From personal experience I just think PCS do much better when the ES is low.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Hmmmm... well that def does look better then the previous pics.
Agreed. Although nowhere near prototype quality, perhaps with better lighting and hair styling...Also anything in this scale will have a distorted look if held to face level. This could still work (for me)...just need more and better pics.

Why does a ten dollar Barbie come with styled hair yet PCS can't do it for 600 dollars? It's obvious the proto uses styled mohair and the in hand uses dollar store fake fur. I'm sick of the bait and switch. Also, if the base pics are oversprayed/ruined like we saw, they need to redo them handpainted. Did you see the base pics compared side to side with proto? Horrible bait and switch. PCS needs to redo a replacement mask PROPERLY, like the prototype and fix the base issue PROPERLY and then I'll buy. I'm not buying this for $600 and will buy from companies like Sideshow/Blitzway who get it right. I hope those of you that get this are happy. I see potential when the issues are corrected. This is 600 dollars not 60 bucks, sorry not buying. Needs a new mask like what we saw on proto and a properly painted base

I can hear their BS excuse now "We couldn't use mohair because of Covid," No, you didn't use it because you were cutting corners for profit on a 600 dollar statue. Oh well. I hope you guys will be happier with it than I would be

Last edited:
I have got 2 more flex payments to go yet thank god.
When I see more pictures when others get it I will then make my decision to either get a full refund or keep it.
If these pictures are true then they can shove it up their arse sideways.

PCS addressed this on facebook. Posted production vs prototype head and Said that they will get a production piece and do an unboxing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is Matt from the PCS group. Here's Ant's post.

"Ok, this should clear everything up on Myers 1:4 production head. First, a quick summary. Everyone loved the 1:3 Myers head. We used the EXACT same Myers head for the 1:4 Myers prototype (why would we change a good thing). 3D printing made that easy. We then used the 1:4 prototype head for the 1:4 production. Again, why would we change a good thing. Now for picture proof.
Photo with 5 Myers heads. Two on the left are the prototypes. The far left is a black and white version we haven't released. 3 heads on the right are production heads. No change from prototype.

Photo with two white heads. That is the prototype and unpainted factory sample. Even though one is turned slightly left in the pic and one slightly right (you can tell my how much ear is visible) they are the same head.

Photo with 3 heads. Prototype in the middle and factory production on the left and right. Same head.

Photo with 2 heads in color. Right is the prototype and left is production prior to final paint details (blending/shadowing). Again same head. Eyes not inserted in that example of course.

That should help clear everything up. I've reached out to the factory for a production sample so we can do an unboxing as well. Hoping to have it next week.

heads1.jpg

heads2.jpg

heads3.jpg

heads4.jpg

I have the deluxe thor and it is my most poorly executed statue. The 'weathering' looks like it was applied by a robot and the skin tones are flat. He's also slightly cross-eyed. I applied some tone washes and it is much better now. None of this is even mentioning the apparent texture tiling on the cape, which is a rookie mistake in digital sculpting.

Not gonna cancel based off a few early crappy pics. The fact that they are addressing the comments and showing their work is a good sign. I?ll let the order ride baby!

Is the owner of PCS slow? Who's talking about the mask? We're talking about the bad paint on the mask, cheap un-styled dollar store hair used on the production piece when the proto clearly used mohair, and the cheap flimsy fabric bait and switch on the coveralls, and lastly, the horrific paint on the base pics. Pay no attention folks, let me distract you from the issues just send us your money!!!

If PCS weren't hiding the issues they would proudly show a factory production piece from every angle. All that BS comparing the mask. Show us a factory piece!! SMH

Is the owner of PCS slow? Who's talking about the mask? We're talking about the bad paint on the mask, cheap un-styled dollar store hair used on the production piece when the proto clearly used mohair, and the cheap flimsy fabric bait and switch on the coveralls, and lastly, the horrific paint on the base pics. Pay no attention folks, let me distract you from the issues just send us your money!!!

If PCS weren't hiding the issues they would proudly show a factory production piece from every angle. All that BS comparing the mask. Show us a factory piece!! SMH

Did you not see the last line where we specifically requested a production sample to do a live unboxing? It's been a challenge getting everything we need through the last 18 months for some weird global reason. But we really are out to do right by the community. Your post here and in statue forum calling out the 'mohair/dollar store' and 'cheap flimsy fabric' is pretty brazen without one in-hand. we've seen the same pics you have. the first were just awful pics. the second set were better but still not ideal.

I'll post the unboxing here when we get it. Or you could order one and make up your own mind.

So I tried cancelling but my payment was charged already and MM will be enroute via UPS. If this atrocity is true and I want to return him, what?s my reason to reclaim my NRD? That it?s completely different from the prototype that was advertised?

The puzzling thing here is that Sideshow seems to be shipping this out before PCS has a sample of their own finished product. And also Sideshow didn't bother to show the production version before shipping either. If they really want to set this straight why not just have Sideshow unbox one today, as they clearly have it.

Umm...have we been looking at counterfeits this whole time, lol?

Right, their full of ****. People received this and it looks a tad better but still nothing like the end product. If they would have made the end Product the same I would have gotten it. I still think it looks like crap.

This is Matt from the PCS group. Here's Ant's post.

"Ok, this should clear everything up on Myers 1:4 production head. First, a quick summary. Everyone loved the 1:3 Myers head. We used the EXACT same Myers head for the 1:4 Myers prototype (why would we change a good thing). 3D printing made that easy. We then used the 1:4 prototype head for the 1:4 production. Again, why would we change a good thing. Now for picture proof.
Photo with 5 Myers heads. Two on the left are the prototypes. The far left is a black and white version we haven't released. 3 heads on the right are production heads. No change from prototype.

Photo with two white heads. That is the prototype and unpainted factory sample. Even though one is turned slightly left in the pic and one slightly right (you can tell my how much ear is visible) they are the same head.

Photo with 3 heads. Prototype in the middle and factory production on the left and right. Same head.

Photo with 2 heads in color. Right is the prototype and left is production prior to final paint details (blending/shadowing). Again same head. Eyes not inserted in that example of course.

That should help clear everything up. I've reached out to the factory for a production sample so we can do an unboxing as well. Hoping to have it next week.

heads1.jpg

heads2.jpg

heads3.jpg

heads4.jpg

Bs man!!! The mask looks completely different on the 1/4th than the 1/3rd. The prototype on the 1/4 even looked a tad better. I don't buy this at all. Then where are these pics coming from? Why was it so easy to cancel? Why does the base look like crap? Why does the coveralls look cheap. The 1/3rd is miles a head. At first that was my reasoning too. That if the 1/3rd worked now why isn't the 1/4 look at good. Why are you addressing this issue now? I mean come on dawg. I was the one who complained about the 1/3rd and you guys fixed it. But this one is shipping already, so pple are **** out of luck. But pple want to tell themselves that it is good. But in reality a very bad attempt at the 1/4th. TO bad too, because you would have had my business.

Back