Statue PCS: Halloween - Michael Myers 1:4

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
While I understand both sides, I for sure prefer statues that they don't make countless amounts of. 4000 of these seems ridiculous.

Choosing not to get this because the edition size makes it not very exclusive? That makes no sense to me. Who cares how many people have it? If you like it, get it. It's not like all your friends and family who come over are going to go, "Meh, saw one of those at my aunt's house."

Choosing not to get this because the edition size makes it not very exclusive? That makes no sense to me. Who cares how many people have it? If you like it, get it. It's not like all your friends and family who come over are going to go, "Meh, saw one of those at my aunt's house."

:lol

I never understood this type of thinking either.

It's somewhat elitist thinking. The ability to have something others can't easily obtain. Bragging rights, etc.

4,000? Damn. It does put me off a bit also, not gonna lie. It's still too nice to pass on at the same time though I think. Plus I wouldn't want to lose my deposit lol.

I always feel a bit more justified in paying the price for something if it is limited. I mention it often as my personal bar for PCS but their 1/3 goro is a masterpiece and the fact that they only sold 150 of them is cool to me and makes it all the more valuable. With potentially 4,000 of these out there that makes me think these will end up cheaper, either later on directly or on the secondary market, specially given the 1/3 exists. When I'm thinking things like that before a statue even arrives it just feels a bit ******. Had I know that was the ES at the beginning I'd have held off for now and prioritised things that will sell out fast and be unobtainable later on.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

:lol :lol :lol

Having laughed at that... There is something nice knowing you have something truly limited.

But since this is the first truly great 1/4 scale MM.... Well then high ES makes sense..

Me.. I'm happy with my 1/3 scale MM :)

I've decided to hang on to my order but have made plans to quit my job and travel the world tracking down and destroying all existing Michael Myers statues owned by Aunts or Uncles and anyone else outside of these forums. It's the only thing that will make me feel better.

:lol :lol :lol

Having laughed at that... There is something nice knowing you have something truly limited.

But since this is the first truly great 1/4 scale MM.... Well then high ES makes sense..

Me.. I'm happy with my 1/3 scale MM :)

I totally understand stand his point. To me these are art pieces.

The more like a mass produced product it is the LESS it should cost. So the price does not justify the edition size to me.

I mean you can buy a print from Walmart to hang on your wall, or you can buy a limited edition lithograph.

It?s the same principal.

He is also correct that the edition size will likely mean a price drop down the line. As only the hard core collectors will dish out that cash for the piece. And I don?t think there are many of them who will spend that money, especially considering the flood of Meyers merchandise we are seeing.

Different collectors have different reasons to collect.

I have stayed away from the Marvel HT for the same reason. I like to collect unique and rarer pieces, and Marvel HT is a dime a dozen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

While it's humorous, the Aunt's house logic just doesn't work. What is the far more likely scenario is seeing the piece blasted constantly all over FB, IG, collection tour videos, forums, ect. 4000 times over. And yeah, a piece loses its luster for me when everyone and their Aunt has it. Call it what you want, but no doubt it's not as special to see or collect.

I have to wonder if any non exclusive versions will even be made? This is right out of Sideshow's playbook, set the ES super high giving the option to sell as many as possible and only make batches around the size of what has been pre-sold. Maybe they intend to keep selling more of these for the next couple Halloweens in the future.

I would have ordered one already if it shipped before Halloween but now as it is I'll probably just wait to see how it turns out. Wish the only deco window on the base was the one with Myers as a child.

In general, I hate collectors and their silly attitudes. There's got to be a children's parable created someday that starts with an elitist collector snob touting his rare collectible and ending with said collectible in a million pieces on the floor...lol

There are 7.8 billion people on the planet. 4000 as an ES really isn't a big deal. Making things so limited that no one, save an elite few, can have them is...well, retarded in my view. I have a huge collection. I want others to have a huge collection as well. If they can never get anything....they never will. Then collecting dies out. Besides, very shortly the floodgates will be open to full capacity regarding Halloween 1978. Maybe as soon as next year. You're already starting to see it if you're paying attention. The Akkads like money. They are playing ball now. But collecting, like art, always evokes different opinions from different buyers. Varying passions, takes all kinds to make a world.

I heard similar concerns expressed about reprinting the EC Horror comics back in the early 1990's. "But they will make my originals worth less money" was the argument in the 1990's. They made the same argument when the Mars Attacks original series cards were reprinted. Neither happened. If you don't keep properties in the public eye, and accessible to potential collectors, the characters go the way of the dodo. In the case of Mars Attacks, it prompted a movie by Burton, and subsequent cards and comics, with a new set of cards coming next year. The EC characters, with far less exposure, are nearly forgotten. Tweeterhead couldn't even get 100 pre-orders for the first offering of a proposed series of maquettes of Crypt Keeper, Vault Keeper, and Old Witch. So the series was scrapped. Let other people enjoy the stuff too. If not, no one will care to collect. Just my 2 cents on the topic. Your mileage may vary.

People collect for different reasons, each reason is as valid as the next.
Some buy gold as jewelry , some as investments , some as art.

And stating the population of the world is a ridicules argument when talking about 1:6 collectors and pop culture statue collectors. We may be the smallest collection group in the Universe. /sic

People collect for different reasons, each reason is as valid as the next.
Some buy gold as jewelry , some as investments , some as art.

And stating the population of the world is a ridicules argument when talking about 1:6 collectors and pop culture statue collectors. We may be the smallest collection group in the Universe. /sic

Why is it ridiculous? It shows the contrast that 4000 among a population of 7.8 billion is miniscule. It's often referred to as contrasting factual data. The word is spelled ridiculous, btw. I also am not referencing a 1:6 figure, as you state. This thread is about a 1:4 scale figure. My statements were about collecting items in general and people's reactions to others being able to have things as well as themselves. Collecting doesn't have to be niche, as you suggest, if more people are exposed to it. Comic book characters used to be niche too. Now they are mainstream. Due to exposure. If any hobby is to survive, exposure is needed. Any group that doesn't reproduce goes extinct. The whole point is opinion of one or another. So let's just agree to disagree on the topic. The elitist snobbery of some regarding modern items, made in sweat shops abroad, is a tad much. They're high priced toys. Not the Mona Lisa. If collecting doesn't expand, it won't matter if an edition size is 10 or 10,000. If no one cares.

I don't think this hobby needs 4000 of anything to survive, let alone this particular statue. It's been doing great for decades with edition sizes far, far lower. And I stand by my argument that anything with extremely high edition sizes simply isn't as coveted as those with low numbers. This goes for ANYTHING. It's pretty simple, and hard to argue against. High production runs of anything will make the product lose it's luster.

I don't think this hobby needs 4000 of anything to survive, let alone this particular statue. It's been doing great for decades with edition sizes far, far lower. And I stand by my argument that anything with extremely high edition sizes simply isn't as coveted as those with low numbers. This goes for ANYTHING. It's pretty simple, and hard to argue against. High production runs of anything will make the product lose it's luster.

Amen.....

Why is it ridiculous? It shows the contrast that 4000 among a population of 7.8 billion is miniscule. It's often referred to as contrasting factual data. The word is spelled ridiculous

So glade 4 da spellink lessson buy da whey.

Why is it ridiculous? It shows the contrast that 4000 among a population of 7.8 billion is miniscule. It's often referred to as contrasting factual data. The word is spelled ridiculous, btw. I also am not referencing a 1:6 figure, as you state. This thread is about a 1:4 scale figure. My statements were about collecting items in general and people's reactions to others being able to have things as well as themselves. Collecting doesn't have to be niche, as you suggest, if more people are exposed to it. Comic book characters used to be niche too. Now they are mainstream. Due to exposure. If any hobby is to survive, exposure is needed. Any group that doesn't reproduce goes extinct. The whole point is opinion of one or another. So let's just agree to disagree on the topic. The elitist snobbery of some regarding modern items, made in sweat shops abroad, is a tad much. They're high priced toys. Not the Mona Lisa. If collecting doesn't expand, it won't matter if an edition size is 10 or 10,000. If no one cares.

Not looking to start wars but just saying... would the Mona Lisa still be a valid example in your argument if da Vinci made 4,000 of them?

So if NECA put out one of their standard plastic 1/4 Michael Myers at the same price as this but limited it to 100 would you pass on this and buy that because it has more "luster"?

Back