PC Gaming

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No hard drive, DVD drive, fans or OS so there is another $200+ before adding a video card.

Yeah, but if you can strip out a DVD drive and SATA hard drive from another PC you'll be fine. Fan are the cheapest components, and Tiger has one for free with mail in rebates. Also, Linux is free and has a growing list of compatible games. So, if someone wants to budget build they can always go with a Linux-based OS, until they can afford Windows at a later time - or Torrent an older copy of Windows Vista online - which I don't support, by the way <.<

Once the list of Linux supported steam games increases some more, I am dumping windows.

I feel ya, man. I'll be setting up a new PC tomorrow with both Windows 7 and Ubuntu. I really like how Steam has been giving more attention to Linux. I won't mind dumping Windows, myself.

Walking Dead: Survival Instinct looks really awful, haha.

I hope the GTX 700 series happens soon and they better be worth the wait... if not then I guess I'll have to save up for a Titan. :monkey2

Sucks about Intel's Haswell only being %10 faster than the 3770k... really disappointed.

Sounds like a pretty cool project. Are you planning to remake the games somehow, or are you just going to listen to the OST? The music score was pretty good, from what I remember.

Just an expanded OST. I'm a big OSt guy and have tons of gigs of game musics. And I love the LoK dialogues so much that I really wanted to do that.

Found this video on YouTube. OMG... looks like fun :lol

[ame]https://youtu.be/3IJu_QgD_TI[/ame]

If you're wanting something faster, there's the socket 2011 processors, I believe they're supposed to have new ones out later this year.

I might have to do that... I wonder how much they'll be, the 3930k is awesome but $569. :horror
I wanted to go quad memory anyways.

Adding the last major piece to my build, a cpu cooler and then i'm done....that makes me sad, I like messing with it.

Walking Dead: Survival Instinct looks really awful, haha.

I hope the GTX 700 series happens soon and they better be worth the wait... if not then I guess I'll have to save up for a Titan. :monkey2

Sucks about Intel's Haswell only being %10 faster than the 3770k... really disappointed.

That game got crap reviews. 4 out of 10.

Here's looking at Bioshock next week! woot! 9.5 brilliance

Back