Parcelforce: warning for any people selling...

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bonsey

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I'm sure most people here who collect polystone have sold/bought items in the past and have used Parcelforce services. Just wanted to give a quick warning for anyone contemplating sending any statues etc using their services.
A few months ago I sold a Aragorn EX premium format figure. When I took it to the post office to send the lady asked what the item was made of. When I told her 'polystone' she explained that parcelforce had an 'exclusion' list and that she had better check that the material was not on there. She returned and said it would be fine so I proceeded to send my item purchasing a additional £200 insurance premium.
When the item arrived the buyer e-mailed to say that a small piece of Aragorn's hair had broken off so I obtained a parcelforce claims form,filled it out and sent it off. Two MONTHS later I had heard nothing so phoned customer services who informed me that my claim had been rejected on the grounds that the material WAS on their 'excluded list.To say that I was annoyed would be an understatement. The representative told me that I could file an appeal so I did. I was asked to send photo's of the item along with proof of original and current value along with a lot of other details. After a long drawn out process I was finally called by the managing directors office who told me that my claim would still be rejected and that 'polystone' came under the resin section of their exclusion list.
So....a warning. If sending any sideshow products please think carefully when choosing your courier. I have used parcelforce for years and this is the first time I have heard of this list. Any insurance purchased will NOT be valid and the value of any broken items not refunded. If anyone has any questions please feel free to pm me.

Back