Painting question

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadguy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Since I'm a newb to the world of customizing/kit-bashing, I have a question about painting heads. I bought a few from Ada, Locke and Sawyer from Lost. I finished the paint jobs and they look pretty good too, I was just curious if there's something I can buy that will coat the paint. Is there some type of gloss you can paint over the acrylic that will protect it?

I'm just worried they might get damaged or something down the road. Thanks guys.

-Andy

We'd love to see some pics! :monkey3

Anyway, yeah, there is a matte clear spray you can buy that coats the heads nicely. Some people have reported a "tackiness" when using the spray, but I haven't experienced this. There is also a brush-on solution. Unfortunately, the name of both of them escape me at the moment. Somebody here will have the answers you seek, though. :duh

:confused: I do have a gloss fixative spray for pencil drawings and stuff. Would that work?

On resin sculpts use Testors Dullcoat. Always clear cot the work. Don't use the brush on stuff. I find it leaves fine brush lines & looks like hell. The tackiness some people experience is likely from a spray on alaquer on a plastic or vinyl head. Read the can first, they often say not for use on vinyl. Liqiuitex has a matt finnish I haven't tried yet, will give it a go. Anyone tried it? Would love to know how it works

Back